Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dear Gina and Rampage...

Go down 
+9
Bigs03
SOKO
captain organic
chorky777
discovery99
KingsOwn19
oggy420
Farmer1906
Wolfgangsta
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Dear Gina and Rampage... Empty
PostSubject: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:01 pm

You guys suck. You took these movies because you know you can't beat the best in the division. You're night fighters anymore.

Gina had never fought anyone and was exposed by Cyborg, so she won't really be missed since she was more or less a paper tiger anyway, but Rampage is a top ten guy and former champion, who has ducked two straight fighters.

You can both retire and never come back. Fuck you both.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:01 pm

Oh ya fuck you too Cung Lee
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:04 pm

Tell us how you really feel
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 11:57 pm

Fuck Cung Le for starting this trend!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:27 am

Gina Carano can lick my balls.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 1:59 am

am i missing something with Gina? did she retire or something? she just fought and lost to the best chick in Strikeforce and is now doing a movie. I don't see the big deal with her. Any fight with her can wait, considering there is hardly any women in Strikeforce at Gina and Cyborg's weight range.

It's not like Rampage having an excuse for not fighting Rashad, not fighting Machida, and not fighting Rashad again while being considered the #2 LHW in UFC.

Cung Le just gets on my nerves. Great fighter, but even his interviews he clearly has no interest in coming back.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 3:04 am

or they took the movies because they'll be getting paid more and any other fighter in their position would have done the same
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 7:59 am

discovery99 wrote:
or they took the movies because they'll be getting paid more and any other fighter in their position would have done the same

I very seriously doubt that Rampage is gonna be paid more for this movie role than he will for his fight w/ Evans.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 9:09 am

chorky777 wrote:
discovery99 wrote:

I very seriously doubt that Rampage is gonna be paid more for this movie role than he will for his fight w/ Evans.

I think he get's a couple mil easy for that role. That'll be a $100 mil movie, you can get BA Baracus get's a worthwhile cut.

Plus he won't have to get punched in the face, won't have to train, and he still fight's Evans a month or two later.

It is lame, but only kind of lame. It's not Cung Le lame.

And Im again with Kingsown regarding Gina. Where is the rush to get her back in the cage? There are zero interesting names out there for her, she does not have the belt, so it is not as though it will sit idle. If she had done this b4 the Cyborg fight and thus have postponed that fight that would have been another story, but as is, this is a non-negative.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 9:10 am

just cung fuck him. Diaz would of owned him.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:25 am

I'm glad Gina's doing a movie, hopefully someone will get her to do a nude scene.

As far as Rampage, he's easily getting paid more for this movie than he would for a fight with Evans. Fighters are getting paid better and better all the time but they're not making movie star money.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 11:48 am

Bigs03 wrote:
I'm glad Gina's doing a movie, hopefully someone will get her to do a nude scene.

As far as Rampage, he's easily getting paid more for this movie than he would for a fight with Evans. Fighters are getting paid better and better all the time but they're not making movie star money.

Yeah they should put her in the remake of "Never Surrender", not as a fighter but one of the bitches they get after the fight. That would be the only was I would watch the sequel.
She should try and cash in now on her fame, she needs to do Playboy. Smart biz move.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:13 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

Yeah they should put her in the remake of "Never Surrender", not as a fighter but one of the bitches they get after the fight. That would be the only was I would watch the sequel.
She should try and cash in now on her fame, she needs to do Playboy. Smart biz move.

+1
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 6:36 pm

Evans and Rampage PPV woulda been huge with each of them set to make a couple million at least. Doing an A-team movie that will bomb is going to back fire. At least I hope so.

I don't want a chance to be champion because I'll make more money fighting Evans and because I hate him, ok I don't want to fight Evans because I don't hate him that bad and I'll make more money doing a pseudo-B movie that will likely bomb. Ok gotcha.

Not a fighter anymore. Face it.

Gina at this stage in her career if she was going to really be a fighter should have immediately got back out there. Her skills were rusty from her lay off doing other shit, costs her a huge fight, so what does she do? Take another huge lay off away from training? Her own camp questions her desire. Randy questioned it on Jim Rome last month. She said over a year ago that she didn't know how much longer she'd be doing this.

She's no longer a fighter. Face it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 6:46 pm

Kimbo could have turned tail and ran to hollywood and done B movies and rap videos if he wanted to. Nope. He's a fighter and win or lose he came to the UFC. Ortiz could have been fed nobodies in Strikeforce or Bellator or somewhere, but nope, he's a fighter and win or lose came back to the UFC.

BTW, I wish Ortiz would bump his Coleman fight up to 105, and if he does well there then take a 107 gig with Rashad.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 6:48 pm

But I don't understand how people are the least mad at Gina when she has the most to prove as a fighter?

Cung Le and Rampage have both had long successful careers where they have paid there dues. Le not in MMA as much but hands down he is the best Sanshou champion ever by far. He's 37 and been fighting his whole life. Page has been a champ and defended it once too.

What's Gina done besides look unprofessional and fake?
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 8:44 pm

Im pissed at Rampage but im still a fan.. comeone my boy Huerta left for the same reason and im still behind him!

Rampage and Huerta do ur shitty movies n comeback!!!!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 10:31 pm

No one cares enough about Gina's career. She is just nice to look at. Same with Cung Le (no one cares, not that he is nice to look at). He isn't a real threat to any top contenders at MW. He can outstrike Frank...wow..... affraid
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 12:33 am

the only part about Gina I agree with is the rust factor. If she does want to fight, then the layoffs are doing her no good.

Other then that, she just got her ass kicked and there is zero in the way of interesting matchups, why not take a break.

And if she bail's then she bail's. Despite some real talent bailing now will forever taint her career, but as a woman with looks being so important for movie role's she has to take this oppurtunity, this is not like the guys, she won't get this chance in her late 30's. If she wants kids, it only compacts her timeline even more so.

Cung Le is much worse, he just started to make noise in MMA, his career was off to a very nice start(san shou is nice and all but c'mon), fought in an epic battle which begged for a rematch, earned himself the title, and then left. And in doing so holding the rematch and title in a frustrating limbo.

A-Team starring Leam Neilson is a legit movie, BA is a big part in that movie, this is not a Cung Le having a bit role in a movie with nobodies type situation.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:00 am

Farmer, I bet you'd like him if an Iowa boi fought like he did. I like Cung Le a lot. So should you if you really like fighting dude. Le demonstrates the potential to develop MMA striking prowess of the high level strikers in the UFC, especially Machida. If Le hasn't slowed significantly or totally neglected working his ground game, he would be a threat to many middle weights and imo even become elite.

I love his fights, watching him is especially entertaining. I wonder if he'd ever take a fight with Melvin Manhoef. That would be a dream fight for me . Their striking styles could lead to an epic clash.

He has been in five movies since his last fight. Is A-team really that much bigger than Tekken? I think he the situations are comparable...
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:52 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Farmer, I bet you'd like him if an Iowa boi fought like he did. I like Cung Le a lot. So should you if you really like fighting dude. Le demonstrates the potential to develop MMA striking prowess of the high level strikers in the UFC, especially Machida. If Le hasn't slowed significantly or totally neglected working his ground game, he would be a threat to many middle weights and imo even become elite.

I love his fights, watching him is especially entertaining. I wonder if he'd ever take a fight with Melvin Manhoef. That would be a dream fight for me . Their striking styles could lead to an epic clash.

He has been in five movies since his last fight. Is A-team really that much bigger than Tekken? I think he the situations are comparable...

If you like Cung Le so much then go watch K-1, they have plenty of Cung Le's over there. As far as MMA, he's not a threat to any top contendors at 185, Farmer's right.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:00 am

[quote="Wolfgangsta"]Farmer, I bet you'd like him if an Iowa boi fought like he did. I like Cung Le a lot. So should you if you really like fighting dude. Le demonstrates the potential to develop MMA striking prowess of the high level strikers in the UFC, especially Machida. If Le hasn't slowed significantly or totally neglected working his ground game, he would be a threat to many middle weights and imo even become elite.

He has been in five movies since his last fight. Is A-team really that much bigger than Tekken? I think he the situations are comparable...[/quote]

Yeah A-team is much bigger. Look at who took the leading role's in each for evidence. And though Page prob won't be the lead actor he does get the Mr. T role, which is probably the best role in the movie. Who did Cung play again?

I loved watching Cung fight. Le vs Shamrock is a vastly underrated classic.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:05 am

[quote="captain organic"]
Wolfgangsta wrote:

He has been in five movies since his last fight. Is A-team really that much bigger than Tekken? I think he the situations are comparable...[/quote]

Yeah A-team is much bigger. Look at who took the leading role's in each for evidence. And though Page prob won't be the lead actor he does get the Mr. T role, which is probably the best role in the movie. Who did Cung play again?

Agree, but it doesn't mean Le is a great MMA fighter. Besides, Shammy didn't take Le down because he wanted to stand with him. That fight could've easily gone the other way if Frank had taken it to the ground.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:34 am

[quote="Bigs03"]
captain organic wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Agree, but it doesn't mean Le is a great MMA fighter. Besides, Shammy didn't take Le down because he wanted to stand with him. That fight could've easily gone the other way if Frank had taken it to the ground.

Im not saying Le is a great MMA fighter, I don't know if he's even a great MMA striker, but I do believe that Le vs Shamrock was a great fight. And Im glad Frank decided to engage Le in the stand up.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 11:51 am

Bigs03 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

If you like Cung Le so much then go watch K-1, they have plenty of Cung Le's over there. As far as MMA, he's not a threat to any top contendors at 185, Farmer's right.

There are no throws in K-1 and Le has some sweet throws if you watch some of his Sanshou. It's hard to know how well he would do against some of the top middleweights, he hasn't really been tested yet, but I assume he would be dangerous. The ground game is obviously a big question mark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dear Gina and Rampage...   Dear Gina and Rampage... Empty

Back to top Go down

Dear Gina and Rampage...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next