Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gill calls out Daley.

Go down 
+2
LA
captain organic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Gill calls out Daley. Empty
PostSubject: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 3:01 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/12/17/1881390/strikeforce-champ-melendez-alvarez-fight-is-dead-wants-daley

Word up to Gilbert. Willing to fight at 165 or even 170. Wether u think he is true elite 155 or not, u have to love his desire to fight meaningful fights.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Props for wanting to fight Daley, but SF loves non-divisional fights.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 3:07 pm

LA wrote:
Props for wanting to fight Daley, but SF loves non-divisional fights.

It most instances it's the fighters that want the fights.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 3:10 pm

IDK about that, plus Orgs usually makes the fight which make the most sense, not always the ones the fighters want. But yes, there have been a lot of non-divisional fights made.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:36 pm

Unless you're a scared guy named Diaz. lol!
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:22 pm

I like it. But Daley wouldn't take this fight, he knows that he'll get beat by guys that will take him down.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 12:39 pm

MMAEyes called it! No wrestlers for Daley.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:54 am

Gilbert Melendez has called me out. Says he'll fight at 170lbs. I'm down, but i know i will get negative feedback from the MMA Media for fighting a Lightweight...again, despite having KO/TKO'd 2 middleweights in my past 3 fights (Acacio and Smith). So still we have a problem, what i want is another fight in between fighting Diaz, a fight that makes sense and qualifies me, for fighting for the Strikeforce WW title.

Now in your opinion which fight "Qualifies" me more for fighting Diaz.

NOONS- Beat current ww champ (recently lost by decision to champ)

CYBORG- Biggest name in SF WW Division on winning last few fights at WW.

MELENDEZ- Current SF LW Champ

CUNG LE-Catchweight- Biggest media name/draw at SF, Lost to Scott Smith.
Paley Daley's responds to Melendez
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/287972/Daley-responds-to-Melendez-outlines-top-choices-for-next-bout/
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:58 am

Translation- I can't fight a guy that will take me down cause I'll lose, I gotta keep fighting guys that will stand with me so I can maintain this hype I've built.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:50 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Translation- I can't fight a guy that will take me down cause I'll lose, I gotta keep fighting guys that will stand with me so I can maintain this hype I've built.

which in truth Im cool with. Im not that into seeing a wrestler control his way to a UD. SF should match Daley with a striker.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:51 am

Daley also scared of Diaz - that also would result in Daley getting dump on his back a getting submitted. That's why Daley called out Noons and not Nick. Like Coker said - wouldn't a man who's gunning for the title call out the champion not the guy who just lost to the champ. for the first time in a while i would have to agree with coker. sadly if gil was to fight daley and take him down all daley will do is hold on a hug instead of fighting back off his back or trying to grab a limb. its mma and dude need to fight were ever the fight takes place. if this was to be a 5 round fight i dont think gil would be scared of getting subbed by daley therefore i could see gill subbing him by the 5th once daley has had enough,is tired and is fustrated of being one dimentional.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:53 am

captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

which in truth Im cool with. Im not that into seeing a wrestler control his way to a win by way of being a better mma fighter. SF should match Daley with a striker.

fixed
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:56 am

throwdownfight1 wrote:
Daley also scared of Diaz - that also would result in Daley getting dump on his back a getting submitted. That's why Daley called out Noons and not Nick. Like Coker said - wouldn't a man who's gunning for the title call out the champion not the guy who just lost to the champ. for the first time in a while i would have to agree with coker. sadly if gil was to fight daley and take him down all daley will do is hold on a hug instead of fighting back off his back or trying to grab a limb. its mma and dude need to fight were ever the fight takes place. if this was to be a 5 round fight i dont think gil would be scared of getting subbed by daley therefore i could see gill subbing him by the 5th once daley has had enough,is tired and is fustrated of being one dimentional.

why would it be a 5 rnd fight?

And since when does Diaz put guys on there back?

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:58 am

throwdownfight1 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

which in truth Im cool with. Im not that into seeing a wrestler control his way to a win by way of being a better mma fighter. SF should match Daley with a striker.

fixed

Whatever, I don't deny that Kos is a better MMA fighter. But who would I rather watch fight? Daley, no question.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:21 am

captain organic wrote:
throwdownfight1 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
MMAEYES wrote:

fixed

Whatever, I don't deny that Kos is a better MMA fighter. But who would I rather watch fight? Daley, no question.

i would prefer kos. win or lose kos puts on a fight or so he has in the last few years. daley just lays there.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:25 am

captain organic wrote:
throwdownfight1 wrote:

why would it be a 5 rnd fight?

And since when does Diaz put guys on there back?

you right, nick doesnt put them on thier back but why wouldnt daley not want to fight him really. also i was saying 5 round this way at least you get a finish. even in the ufc ppvs i hate it when main event that arent title fights only last 3 rounds. had they been 5 rounds most would of likely been finishes instead of 3 round dec
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:45 am

All Daley is saying is that he wants to build his name, by fighting one more fight b4 fighting Nick. Wanting one more fight b4 fighting nick ='s scared of Nick? Not seeing it. Not when he's saying he wants Nick after the next fight.

And as far as the 5 rnd fight vs Gil, it just ain't happening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gill calls out Daley.   Gill calls out Daley. Empty

Back to top Go down

Gill calls out Daley.
Page 1 of 1