Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 Empty
PostSubject: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:11 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21783/mayhem-miller-vs-tim-kennedy-iii-possible-for-jan-29-strikeforce-event.mma
A trilogy fight between middleweights Jason "Mayhem" Miller (24-7 MMA, 1-1 SF) and Tim Kennedy (12-3 MMA, 3-1 SF) could be part of the Jan. 29 Showtime-televised Strikeforce event in San Jose, Calif.

Sources close to the fighters told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) both contenders are interested in the matchup, which soon could be signed.

Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:14 pm

good fight, i was wonderin when Kennedy would be back for them
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:16 pm

I like this fight.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:18 pm

finally stops all the Mayham vs Diaz talks
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:20 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
finally stops all the Mayham vs Diaz talks

They can both move forward in their own divisions. A win here probably gets Mayhem a crack at Jacare and Nick is free to defend his title.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:23 pm

yea, if theyre not gonna make the fight for whatever reason... just move on and fight the next dude
for Diaz thats daley & for Mayhem its Kennedy i guess
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:59 pm

Mayhem should already be fighting Jacare if that is what he wants. He shouldn't have to fight Kennedy to get a shot. Everyone wants Jacare and Mayhem to fight anyways.

As for Diaz vs Mayhem, it will happen down the road. Too many people want that fight to forget about it. This is actually a good move by SF.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:01 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Mayhem should already be fighting Jacare if that is what he wants. He shouldn't have to fight Kennedy to get a shot. Everyone wants Jacare and Mayhem to fight anyways.

As for Diaz vs Mayhem, it will happen down the road. Too many people want that fight to forget about it. This is actually a good move by SF.

His record in SF is 1-1. So why should he be given a title shot? By default? Because no one esle is deserving? This is exactly the fight he deserves Mrs.Miller.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:10 pm

OU wrote:

His record in SF is 1-1. So why should he be given a title shot? By default? Because no one esle is deserving? This is exactly the fight he deserves Mrs.Miller.

Jacare vs Mayhem is the biggest fight for SF right now. That is all I am saying. The Shields fight was bull and Mayhem was schooling Jacare until the fight ended. Mayhem would be a big time marketing tool for SF if he was their MW champion.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:14 pm

OU wrote:

Jacare vs Mayhem is the biggest fight for SF right now. That is all I am saying. The Shields fight was bull and Mayhem was schooling Jacare until the fight ended. Mayhem would be a big time marketing tool for SF if he was their MW champion.

What? You think Jake didn't really win that fight? Didn't Jacare beat Mayhem once already not including the NC?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:24 pm

yes, buy UD in the Dream MW grand prix
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:36 pm

OU wrote:
OU wrote:

What? You think Jake didn't really win that fight? Didn't Jacare beat Mayhem once already not including the NC?

Jake won the fight, but he had to lay all over Mayhem and he wouldn't fight him. The first Jacare/Mayhem fight doesn't matter because he grappled wit Jacare the whole fight and held his own. He didn't do that and looked like he was gonna beat Jacare in the second. People want to see them fight and I think it would be a good fight for the MW title and for SF. Who else should fight Jacare?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:37 pm

If you watch all those fights you would get what I mean.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:40 pm

So it doesn't matter that he lost, we can't look at that because Jake had a better game plan and Mayhem tried to prove a point vs Jacare and failed? So we must look past that. I bet your tune would be different if he had been on the other side of those decisions. You seem to be very selective here.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:42 pm

So again, you are saying he deserves a shot by default? "who else should Jacare fight". That is what that statment tells me.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:44 pm

OU wrote:

So it doesn't matter that he lost, we can't look at that because Jake had a better game plan and Mayhem tried to prove a point vs Jacare and failed? So we must look past that. I bet your tune would be different if he had been on the other side of those decisions. You seem to be very selective here.

I am glad that you get it. Mayhem vs Jacare! Mayhem just beat Kennedy a few years ago, so I think they should save that fight for down the road. I can't think of any MW I would rather see fight Jacare for the title right now.

So again, who would you have fight Jacare?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:46 pm

OU wrote:
So again, you are saying he deserves a shot by default? "who else should Jacare fight". That is what that statment tells me.

I never denied that wasn't a factor in my thoughts. I agree with you there.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Jacare vs Mayhem is the best MW fight they have. I agree there.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:52 pm

OU wrote:
Jacare vs Mayhem is the best MW fight they have. I agree there.

So you just wasted ten minutes of my life is what you are saying.

FUCKER! lol!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:52 pm

lol@BBC finally getting to use "if you watch all the fights youd know". Shame it's been used on him more times than Jon Fitch rubs his armpits on his opponents face, and that he's wrong anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 5:54 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
lol@BBC finally getting to use "if you watch all the fights youd know". Shame it's been used on him more times than Jon Fitch rubs his armpits on his opponents face, and that he's wrong anyway.

LINK OR IT NEVER HAPPENED! Cool
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 7:32 pm

OU wrote:

I am glad that you get it. Mayhem vs Jacare! Mayhem just beat Kennedy a few years ago, so I think they should save that fight for down the road. I can't think of any MW I would rather see fight Jacare for the title right now.

So again, who would you have fight Jacare?

Well Coker hinted at Lawler vs Jacare. And considering that Lawler when fighting at 185, has flattened 2 straight opponents in the 1st rnd, I think it's fair that he gets the call over Mayhem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29   Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mayhem vs Kennedy 3 possible for Jan.29
Page 1 of 1