Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ninja's Place Official Divisional Rankings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Ninja's Place Official Divisional Rankings Empty
PostNinja's Place Official Divisional Rankings

Here are the official, current divisional rankings as voted by the constituents of Ninja's Place

HEAVYWEIGHT

Ninja's Place Official Divisional Rankings Cain-velasquez-defeats-brock-lesnar
(The vicious slaying of former UFC champion Brock Lesnar earned Velasquez the #1 ranking)

1. Cain Velasquez (9-0)
2. Fedor Emelianenko (32-2, 1 NC)
3. Fabricio Werdum (14-4-1)
4. Junior Dos Santos (12-1)
5. Brock Lesnar (5-2)
6. Shane Carwin (12-1)
7. Alistair Overeem (33-11, 1 NC)
8. Frank Mir (14-5)
9. Antonio Silva (14-2)
10. Roy Nelson (15-5)

Honorable Mention: Josh Barnett, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Brendan Shaub

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

Ninja's Place Official Divisional Rankings Mauricio%20Rua%20-%20004
(Set to make a March return against Rashad Evans, "Shogun" remains the LHW kingpin)

1. Mauricio Rua (19-4)
2. Rashad Evans (15-1-1)
3. Quinton Jackson (31-8)
4. Lyoto Machida (16-2)
5. Jon Jones (11-1)
6. Ryan Bader (12-0)
7. Rafael Calvalcante (10-2)
8. Muhammed Lawal (7-1)
9. Forrest Griffin (17-6)
10. Antonio Rogerio Nogueria (19-4)

Honorable Mention: Gegard Mousasi, Rich Franklin, Randy Couture

MIDDLEWEIGHT

Ninja's Place Official Divisional Rankings 94_anderson_silvalarge_image-1
(Fresh off his toughest test to date, the road doesn't get easier for the UFC's most dominant champion ever in his February bout with Vitor Belfort)

1. Anderson Silva (27-4)
2. Yushin Okami (26-5)
3. Chael Sonnen (24-11-1)
4. Vitor Belfort (19-8)
5. Nate Marquardt (30-10-2)
6. Ronaldo Souza (13-2, 1 NC)
7. Demian Maia (13-2)
8. Dan Henderson (25-8)
9. Jorge Santiago (23-8)
10. Michael Bisping (20-3)

Honorable Mention: Wanderlei Silva, Hector Lombard, Chris Leben, Jason Miller, Cung Le, Tim Kennedy, Alan Belcher, Mark Munoz

WELTERWEIGHT

Ninja's Place Official Divisional Rankings Gsp2
(A true bully beatdown, Koscheck had zero answers for the man known as GSP at UFC 124)

1. Georges St. Pierre (20-2)
2. Jon Fitch (23-3, 1 NC)
3. Josh Koscheck (15-4)
4. Jake Shields (26-4-1)
5. BJ Penn (16-7-1)
6. Nick Diaz (23-7, 1 NC)
7. Thiago Alves (17-7)
8. Carlos Condit (26-5)
9. Martin Kampmann (17-4)
10. Paul Daley (25-9-2)

Honorable Mention: Matt Hughes, Ben Askren, Diego Sanchez, Dan Hardy, Jay Heiron, Chris Lytle, Johnny Hendricks

LIGHTWEIGHT

Ninja's Place Official Divisional Rankings Frankie-Edgar-4
(Will Frankie Edgar be able to find "the answer" to beating Gray Maynard the 2nd time around in his UFC 125 title defense?)

1. Frankie Edgar (13-1)
2. Gray Maynard (10-0, 1 NC)
3. Gilbert Melendez (18-2)
4. Eddie Alvarez (21-2)
5. Shinya Aoki (26-5, 1 NC)
6. Kenny Florian (14-5)
7. George Sotiropoulos (14-2)
8. Sean Sherk (36-4-1)
9. BJ Penn (16-7-1)
10. Evan Dunham (11-1)

Honorable Mention: Ben Henderson, Takanori Gomi, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Josh Thomson, Jim Miller

FEATHERWEIGHT

Ninja's Place Official Divisional Rankings Jose_aldo_6
(Disappointing fans for the first time in his career, Aldo was forced to pull out of his 125 defense due to injuries)

1. Jose Aldo (18-1)
2. Mike Thomas Brown (24-6)
3. Marlo Sandro (17-1)
4. Manny Gambuyran (11-5)
5. Bibiano Fernandes (8-2)
6. Michihiro Omigawa (12-8-1)
7. Josh Grispi (14-1)
8. Hatsu Hioki (22-4-2)
9. Joe Warren (6-1)
10. Chad Mendes (9-0)

Honorable Mention: Mark Hominick, Diego Nunes, L.C Davis, Javier Vazquez, Hiroyuki Takaya, Rafael Assuncao

BANTAMWEIGHT

Ninja's Place Official Divisional Rankings Dominick-cruz
("The Dominator" will look to change the initials on his title from 'WEC' to 'UFC' with a successful defense on the final WEC card)

1. Dominick Cruz (16-1)
2. Joseph Benavidez (13-2)
3. Brian Bowles (8-1)
4. Urijah Faber (24-4)
5. Scott Jorgensen (11-3)
6. Miguel Torres (38-3)
7. Demetrious Johnson (8-1)
8. Takeya Mizugaki (13-5-2)
9. Eddie Wineland (17-6-1)
10. Masakatsu Ueda (11-1-2)

Honorable Mention: Rani Yahya, Damacio Page, Brad Pickett, Wagney Fabiano, Masakazu Imanari, Michael McDonald, Zach Makovsky, Antonio Banuelos

Sound off below
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Ninja's Place Official Divisional Rankings :: Comments

GDPofDRC
Re: Ninja's Place Official Divisional Rankings
Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:08 pm by GDPofDRC
Cool rankings. I think this site has the most accurate lists on the web. I'm gonna have to start posting here more often. Can't wait for the arrival of the flyweight division too, or the pound for pound rankings, golly those are gonna be swell!
Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:43 am by Birdofthad
damn it Im sorrys I didnt get my votes in

How do we have Fedor over Werdum and Alvarez over Aoki???????
OU
Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:40 pm by OU
The #2 WW is the most disrespected fighter in MMA, maybe the history of MMA. I'm not even a Fitch fan, but I was forced into the Fitch defender role. The long reigning #2 WW has been asked to move aside far too many times.
killerofchicken
Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:41 pm by killerofchicken
damn, BJ is 5th? didnt expect that
OU
Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:45 pm by OU
killerofchicken wrote:

People are prisoners of the moment. The menal approach most take when voting is just frustrating. I think it is too infulenced by NCAA football. Prisoners of the moment. Like Bird asking why Fedor is over Werdum. Maybe because Fedor is the better fighter still, maybe because you factor in more then just the last fight. But most view it like it is a college football season, 1 loss and you plummit in the rankings. 1 Big win and everyone starts to drool.
Wolfgangsta
Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:44 pm by Wolfgangsta
OU wrote:
The #2 WW is the most disrespected fighter in MMA, maybe the history of MMA. I'm not even a Fitch fan, but I was forced into the Fitch defender role. The long reigning #2 WW has been asked to move aside far too many times.

No he hasn't. He could have fought more aggressively in any of his opportunities and made an effort to entertain the buying public. He has done none of that. They can't sell Jon Fitch. He had his title fight and was completely trounced over five rounds. He's done nothing to demonstrate that wouldn't happen again in some of these boring and lackluster fights. Mike Pierce almost knocked him out. You can only grade him based on his fights since his last title fight. No need to see Fitch fight GSP. Carlos Condit please.
OU
Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:49 pm by OU
Might as well just cut Fitch with that logic, all he is doing then is knocking off contenders. Since his last title fight he beat 2 guys ranked in the top 5 at the time of the fight. He may have almost got KO'd, but he didn't...he won the fight. The same thing he has done to every single person in the UFC he has fought not named GSP. Just win win win. Dana just prays every fight that he loses, but is disappointed every time. You should be arrested along with Dana...don't drop the soap.
Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:11 pm by Birdofthad
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

People are prisoners of the moment. The menal approach most take when voting is just frustrating. I think it is too infulenced by NCAA football. Prisoners of the moment. Like Bird asking why Fedor is over Werdum. Maybe because Fedor is the better fighter still, maybe because you factor in more then just the last fight. But most view it like it is a college football season, 1 loss and you plummit in the rankings. 1 Big win and everyone starts to drool.

No gotta completely disagree

When I watch 1 fighter BEAT another fighter, he is ranked higher than the fighter he just beat.

Thats like saying Zab Judah should have been ranked higher than Kostya Tszyu after Tszyu kicked his ass.
GDPofDRC
Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:42 pm by GDPofDRC
My philosophy is different. GSP has always been a better fighter to me than Matt Serra, always. Same type of mentality had me bring Shogun back to #1 after the first Machida fight, which is an L on his record. Wins and losses are not the end all to every discussion. There is just a lot more to it for me.
Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:32 pm by Birdofthad
thats just assinine IMO, Werdum caught Fedor in 2 deep submissions and tapped him in under 2 minutes. Werdum should be ranked higher than Fedor.
Wolfgangsta
Post Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:39 pm by Wolfgangsta
The Werdum and Serra fights are not entirely analogous because Serra isn't the worlds best stand up fighter.
Andrew the Raider King
Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:35 pm by Andrew the Raider King
The fact that Overeem is on it and has only one MMA fight recently and that was against Grim, makes it almost shameful. Plus he has the HW title in Strikeforce and there are 2 guys ranked over him and of those 2 the last one lost to the guy ranked below him. Nuthuggers destroy the rankings. I don't even do that for Randy or Ken!
GDPofDRC
Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:01 pm by GDPofDRC
?

So since he's the champ no one in SF should be ranked higher than him?

And I guy ranked ahead of him lost almost four years ago to a guy ranked behind him, so?

But also he shouldn't even be ranked so really no SF HW's should be in the top ten?

What were you saying about hugging nuts?
OU
Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:03 pm by OU
GDPofDRC wrote:
?

So since he's the champ no one in SF should be ranked higher than him?

And I guy ranked ahead of him lost almost four years ago to a guy ranked behind him, so?

But also he shouldn't even be ranked so really no SF HW's should be in the top ten?

What were you saying about hugging nuts?

Really not worth waisting your time on this. Drew has a warped sense of reality.
GDPofDRC
Post Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:05 pm by GDPofDRC
Birdofthad wrote:
thats just assinine IMO, Werdum caught Fedor in 2 deep submissions and tapped him in under 2 minutes. Werdum should be ranked higher than Fedor.

That's why it's your opinion. Mine considers more as I've explained to a couple of people here so many times before. I don't limit mine to the absolutes of just one criteria.
Andrew the Raider King
Post Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:29 pm by Andrew the Raider King
I am not saying they shouldn't be, I was looking at it from an outsiders perspective. Grim got beat by Fedor in the 2nd round. Overeem does it next, much faster and much more visibly, by throwing Grim around. Then Fedor loses to Werdum very quickly and yet they are both ranked above the champion? But why is Overeem so low? Because he doesn't do much MMA and rarely defends his title. With all the jostling to and fro and when and why, it just looks stupid. We all know why Cain is number 1 and he is the Champion. Simplicity at its finest.
KingsOwn19
Post Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:20 pm by KingsOwn19
Andrew is just doing his job guys. Our rankings look good. I'm especially confident with our HW, LHW, MW, and WW rankings. LW looks good other than BJ Penn being ranked #9 mainly because most people probably were not including him in their rankings. FW and BW can use some shuffling but i kind of shoulder some of the blame for that for rushing by FW and BW rankings.
Wolfgangsta
Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:12 am by Wolfgangsta
yes, yours were so awful I nearly made my own separate webpage. I still have nightmares. Our rankings look the best they ever have now though I think.
KingsOwn19
Post Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:16 pm by KingsOwn19
I'm actually fine with my FW rankings.

BW is not my best division when it comes to the best of the rest after the main guys.
Wolfgangsta
Post Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:21 pm by Wolfgangsta
It's sport wide. The consensus rankings at SBnation are terrible too and Nate and Wade admit as much.

Ninja's Place Official Divisional Rankings

Page 1 of 1