Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hauser: HBO - Part III - Boxing back on Cable TV?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

Hauser: HBO - Part III - Boxing back on Cable TV? Empty
PostSubject: Hauser: HBO - Part III - Boxing back on Cable TV?   Hauser: HBO - Part III - Boxing back on Cable TV? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:12 pm

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-lead/hbo-and-the-state-of-boxing--part-three1

Good read

Main highlight at least for me is this

Quote :
David Levy is president of Turner Sports. All sports in the Turner family of networks flow through him. There has been talk of putting HBO’s live boxing program under Levy’s guidance. The fights would still air on HBO, but acquisition and production would be under his umbrella. TBS or TNT might also televise fights to build synergy and provide a platform for young fighters.

When asked about this scenario, Bob Arum (who is not a source of the reports) says, “You’d save a fortune on salaries. You’d save a fortune on production costs. And you wouldn’t be paying for all those first-class airplane tickets and all those rooms at the Four Seasons and Beverly Wilshire hotels. Forget all the planning and scheming and machinations that these guys go through. HBO has the biggest checkbook in the industry. Promoters will be lining up to sell fights to Turner or HBO or whoever. You’re not reinventing the wheel here.”

Back to top Go down

Hauser: HBO - Part III - Boxing back on Cable TV?
Page 1 of 1