Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tedy Bruschi retires...

Go down 
+4
NoRegret
bobbitt15
OU
LTFG
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Tedy Bruschi retires... Empty
PostSubject: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:33 pm

So what? Jeezus, you go to the ESPN NFL threads and the freaking Pats homers are hyping this guy as a HOFer... Based on what? Rings don't give good LB's a spot in the HOF (If that's the case, Charles Haley is the greatest LB/DE ever to play the game). If you aren't an LT, Butkus, Lambert, etc. you have no business being there (They already gifted Andre Tippett a spot... That's enough!!!). My God Derrick Thomas was probably the second or third most dominating OLB ever and it took him 6 tries to get in even though he was all pro and pro bowl every year of his career. Bruschi has never even been voted to a pro bowl no less an all pro or all NFL selection. He was a great college player, a very good pro... But ESPN and Pats fans are acting like he was the second coming of Dick Butkus. I don't hate the team or the players... But damn I hate Pats fans and the way ESPN slurps the Pats at every turn...

Now I'm done...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:35 pm

hey Charles Haley was a hell of a football player, loved him growing up.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Pats fans are just too attached to him since he is a great teammate and easy to root for.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:48 pm

Sooners, I wasn't ripping Haley, but you know as well as I do he is at best a borderline HOFer.

I was really put off last year when Tippett was inducted... The guy went 13 years after retirement before even making the list of 15 finalists once, and then a year later he's in? So what during that time made him more worthy than right after he retired, especially when a guy like Thomas is making the final 6 every year but still getting snubbed? We all knew that ESPN was swinging on the Pats jocks, bt since when did the HOF get pressure to swing along?

If Bruschi ever gets near the Hall without a ticket... I may go unibomber...

Hey Sooners... You need to check your PM's. I figured it out, but I was trying to reach you...
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:05 pm

Sad day. I loved watching Bruschi play
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:11 pm

Bruschi was a good player, but I could care less honestly.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 5:06 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Sooners, I wasn't ripping Haley, but you know as well as I do he is at best a borderline HOFer.

I was really put off last year when Tippett was inducted... The guy went 13 years after retirement before even making the list of 15 finalists once, and then a year later he's in? So what during that time made him more worthy than right after he retired, especially when a guy like Thomas is making the final 6 every year but still getting snubbed? We all knew that ESPN was swinging on the Pats jocks, bt since when did the HOF get pressure to swing along?

Hey Sooners... You need to check your PM's. I figured it out, but I was trying to reach you...

My bad, you must have message me right before I left. As far as I know I have never posted a gif at the end of a post. What did you figure out? How did you do it?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 5:38 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:

My bad, you must have message me right before I left. As far as I know I have never posted a gif at the end of a post. What did you figure out? How did you do it?

The image button on the tool bar allows you to add the url. I just needed to add Van Damme giving us a special celebration dance on the GOR thread...
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:46 pm

Bruschi was a hell of a player but HOFer no! He played with a shit load of talent on that defense and was a big part of the Superbowl teams but he wasnt a HOFer at all.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Full Tilt Full Time baby! I love Bruschi - the only football Jersey I own is Tedy's. He also came back and played 2 seasons after having a stroke, which probably counts for something. He was a huge fan favorite and was a big part of getting to 5 Superbowls and winning 3. The point is, his retirement is definately news.

I don't think that he deserves to be in the hall of fame either, but the fact a few homer fans on a message board want him there is no big surprise.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:59 pm

He spent all 13 years with 1 team, of course he is going to get crazy love from NE fans. Understandable, but you can't expect fans to be rational.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:10 pm

Oh yah and Sooners- he was a Pro-bowler twice.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:29 pm

Jruq wrote:

"Bruschi has never even been voted to a pro bowl no less an all pro or all NFL selection"

That was LTFG that said that not me.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:45 pm

LTFG he went to two probowls, and fans are going to be fans. You are an angry, misinformed old fart. How has LTFG lived this long if fans being fans causes him to rant endlessly spewing bullshit?

That said, no he isn't HOF worthy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LTFG he went to two probowls, and fans are going to be fans. You are an angry, misinformed old fart. How has LTFG lived this long if fans being fans causes him to rant endlessly spewing bullshit?

ha ha you just like to poke at him don't you?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 4:50 pm

I think wolfy likes to provoke LTFG lol
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:31 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

Angry?... No. I just get tired of ESPN running subjects that no one outside of the northeast care about into the ground. Misinformed? Really? Where? Oh you mean where you took a quick peak to check on his pro-bowl status and saw a 2, but were too quick to look that he was a reserve due to injury... I said voted to a pro bowl. Who's misinformed? Nice try fuckstick...

And you're right about him not being Hall worthy... Not even close.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:33 pm

NoRegret wrote:
I think wolfy likes to provoke LTFG lol

Kind of funny and pathetic all at once, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:38 am

as much as i hate the pats, i always respected Teddy. Always played hard.

oh yea FUCK BILL BELICHICK!
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:44 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Jruq wrote:

"Bruschi has never even been voted to a pro bowl no less an all pro or all NFL selection"

That was LTFG that said that not me.
My bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tedy Bruschi retires...   Tedy Bruschi retires... Empty

Back to top Go down

Tedy Bruschi retires...
Page 1 of 1