Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is President Obama Popular in the States?

Go down 
+13
MMAEYES
OU
captain organic
Birdofthad
killerofchicken
Thomasdrrn09
Ring
Ziggy116
josh200612
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
SOKO
LTFG
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Is President Obama Popular in the States? Empty
PostSubject: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 12:07 pm

He's pretty popular here in Australia but how is his popularity where it matters? Is he more or less loved than 2008? Has he been doing a good job?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:00 pm

His popularity is way down here... Biggest sway from a President's inauguration to this point in a term since polls were created. That's to be expected though when the country as a whole isn't any better off and many would argue is worse off than when he took office. His policies that he and his administration forced us to take from the rear have come back to bite him in the ass. You can't continue to shove unpopular policies down the throats of those that put you in office without repurcussion. If things in this country were actually showing any signs of turnaround, he probably wouldn't be catching so much crap for Obamacare, bailouts, suing a state over immigration, the BP fiasco, TARP, unemployment and everything else he's doing little to nothing to fix. Rather than listening to anyone without a D behind their name and accepting suggestions for solutions, he and his administration continue to try and point at the Bush administration as a fault for most things... But 2 years into a Presidency... It's HIS problem!

As far as his popularity in other countries... They still buy what we bought when we put him in office. He's a made for Hollywood President. Well spoken, intelligent, sharp looking, etc. Put him on the spot and take his teleprompter away and you get the real Obama... A stammering idiot that struggles to get through a sentence without giving the non-liberal media soemthing to feast on.

Reminds me of a funny cartoon I saw a few days back... Obama putting his shoes on and looking up to a teleprompter for instruction on tying them... Priceless...

As a proud American, I hope he gets things figured out and turns things around here. But I'm afraid he's too stubborn to work with "The enemy" and will continue to force his agenda down our throats...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:06 pm

Like every president his rating has dropped and will continue to drop if the economy doesnt get better. It seems to me to be about 50/50 on if people like him.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:32 pm

yep 50/50 he was about 60/40
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:34 pm

It all depends on who you. Most I assume have a less than objective opinion still, one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:23 pm

Anyone with a brain saw this coming. He was only elected because he was black. Everyone knows that. The backlash was to be expected.

The entire nation is a white college student who got a little too into Young Jeezy and hiphop culture, had unprotected sex with a strange ghetto black guy, drunk at a party she never met before, and ended up with a kinky haired kid she secretly hates because of it. This whole thing is really embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:49 pm

I take it your a die hard republican wolf?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:00 pm

I was thinking racist Kevin.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:14 pm

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

Here's the gallup history...def on a downward spiral.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 4:23 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
He's pretty popular here in Australia but how is his popularity where it matters? Is he more or less loved than 2008? Has he been doing a good job?

I guess it depends on who you talk to, naturally, conservatives (Republicans) aren't going to have anything good to say about him, but it seems like now, many in his own party (Democrats) are disillusioned with his policies.

According to a Gallup poll, Obama's most recent Approval Rating is about 45%, roughly the same as it has been for the last 6 months or so.

I'm not a Democrat or a Republican, but I did think we needed a change in the last Presidential election, now i'm not so sure that Obama and the Dems are doing a hell of a lot better than what we had before, maybe in some ways even worse.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:04 pm

Ya anyone who knows me knows I'm a Republican... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:10 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
I take it your a die hard republican wolf?

lol... That's funny.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:21 pm

Ziggy116 wrote:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

Here's the gallup history...def on a downward spiral.

At the peaks a 67% approval and a 21% disapproval. Within the last week, 42% approval and 50% disapproval. Again, since polling has been in effect, no other President has ever had this big of a swing.

People keep trying to make it a personal issue or political affiliation that his numbers have fallen off so much, but it's not as if 30% of the country has become racist or right wing fanatics over the last 18 months. Do a good job and don't screw the people that put you in office and you'll be loved. Smile like a crazed lunatic as you push ineffective policies down the throats of American's, and you'll be loathed. I voted for the change, as I didn't think that this guy would go radical on the agenda front while surrounding himself with incompetent morons. I now cringe while I admit to that...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:24 pm

His race is going to work against him. People elected him because he was black but that reality will now work against him. That isn't racist really, just screwed up.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:32 pm

And he hasn't made it any easier on himself by saying that he would be the color blind President, only to bring race up regularly as his numbers have dwindled. You can't tell the public you're above that and follow it up by using it whenever you see it as being adventageous...
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:36 pm

Reagan approval rating 35 % at first term midterm elections
Clinton approval rating 37 % at first term midterm elections.

Both of them brought that number way up by the end of their presidency.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:44 pm

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:

I don't understand why people are so sure that he will not win the next election. This country elected a man twice who has said so many stupid things that there is a term for it.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:45 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:

I don't understand why people are so sure that he will not win the next election. This country elected a man twice who has said so many stupid things that there is a term for it.
lol!
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:

But neither started at near 70% either. The one similarity in those cases is that there was a shift in the House and or Senate that led to changes and the country being able to move in a positive direction. As a result, blind credit goes to the top dog and both were re-elected. Obama could see the same benefit as there will be a shift in the House and a slight possibility in the Senate. Reagan and Clinton were able to swallow their pride somewhat and work with the other branches of government and changes were made for the positive. Is Obama capable of that or is he such an ideologue that he fights everything every step of the way and veto's whatever comes across his desk that doesn't fit his agendas? This will be a very defining time in his Presidency.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 5:55 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Thomasdrrn09 wrote:

Anyone who claims that is of about equal intelligence of said President. Everything hinges on how willing he is to work with the House and Senate to get us pointed back in the right direction as I said in the previous post...
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 8:13 pm

But I'm afraid he's too stubborn to work with "The enemy" and will continue to force his agenda down our throats...

seriously???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
But I'm afraid he's too stubborn to work with "The enemy" and will continue to force his agenda down our throats...

seriously???
Some of the best governments we have ever had was when one party was in control of the legislative branch and the other in control of the executive. So lets all just hope they do things for the people and not fight all the time.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:12 am

Obama, and his popularity, suffer(and it is suffering) because of a couple things

The biggest reason being the right wing media went into 100% attack mode the moment he, and all the other dems who unseated repubs, went into office. Read LTFG's post for examples of the rhetoric(the whole he's a bumbling idiot without a teleprompter is total bunk). I mean those guys are always in attack mode, but they went all out insane clown posse on Obama.

the 2nd big thing that is hurting his popularity is that the countries economy continues to be stuck in the mud(this prob should be the biggest thing, given that the right wing media would have no basis for their attacks if the economy had turned around quickly). Very debatable as to how much Obama should be blamed for the current state of the economy, it does appear that he helped stave off a huge disaster, but the turnaround has been very slow thus far. He def erred in making claims(ie unemployment would not reach 10% but it did, and continues to hover there) that did not prove correct.

Personally I'm still cool with him, but the deficit looks to be a major black mark on his record, and it does look like he and the dems wimped out on Banking reform.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:18 am

Do you guys think he will be re-elected or is he 1 and done?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 12:21 am

Nearly the exact same thing happened here in Australia. Our Prime Minister during the Bush error Very Happy was John Howard and he lost by a landslide to a popular Kevin Rudd. In his 1st 2 years his popularity was at an all-time high but then he wanted to bring in a mining tax and the country and his party turned on him. He got kicked out by his own party and was replaced by a female for the 1st time in our countries history. She just got re-elected by doing a deal with the independents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is President Obama Popular in the States?   Is President Obama Popular in the States? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is President Obama Popular in the States?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next