Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"

Go down 
+11
Andrew the Raider King
Bigs03
GDPofDRC
Ludo
bobbitt15
josh200612
Wolfgangsta
killerofchicken
OU
captain organic
MMAEYES
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Exposed in what? He had already shown good striking and we know his wrestling is some of the best in MMA. Brock doesn't have great(just good) wrestling and has abysmal striking. Mo has been a boxing fan and trained boxing his whole life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 4:24 pm

He has a lot of work to do still. Where he is with his better talents(wrestling and hard punches) makes him dangerous and suited to be highly ranked right now, similar to an Arsken, maybe a little further advanced, but he has a lot of work to do still. A guy on his back can't bloody you up round after round.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 4:29 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Exposed in what? He had already shown good striking and we know his wrestling is some of the best in MMA. Brock doesn't have great(just good) wrestling and has abysmal striking. Mo has been a boxing fan and trained boxing his whole life.

Come on now, I won't say he is a bum but his striking is OK, I wouldn't go as far as to call it "good". The guy is still very raw and IMO he wouldn't do well in the UFC vs the top level guys right now. Most have him ranked in the top 10 and I have him just outside that mark. Some think he might be ready to challenge guys like Evans and Rampage. I disagree. I think he is being pushed too fast and people are ranking him too high too fast. He has decent power in the standup but he isn't a good striker.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 5:10 pm

I think King Mo is good. His standup needs work but he is tough and obviously has great wrestling.

He's just making excuses here, though.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:36 pm

I want to see Sonnen and King Mo now! Sonnen injects some shark piss and BOOM! Kicks Mo's ass.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 12:16 am

Mo is every bit as good or better than Bader.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 12:23 am

I like Lawal a lot more than Bader. Better wrestler. Better striker. Probably equal conditioning.

I still think Bader should have lost to Nog and be put in the kneejerk fans overrated pile...which i've had him in from the jump.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 12:35 am

TRIPLE D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 12:39 am

King Mo would beat the shit out of Brock Lesnar at HW, I firmly believe that.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 1:12 am

This would surprise me a whole lot less after last weekend. Lasnar would again really only have an advantage in power. I think Mo has better speed, wrestling and striking. It would be a better fight than Lesnar had with Cain though. Cain is beyond Mo significantly right now I think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 9:15 am

OU wrote:
most overrated fighter in MMA now that Brock is dethroned.

+1
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:32 am

As an mma fan, this is what I dislike about mma fans in general...this idea that if a guy loses, he was "exposed." Mo is ultra talented and anyone who really watches mma who claims otherwise is biased and kidding themselves. So the guy lost one fight...big deal. He will come back better each time as long as his knee stays healthy. He was supposed to be "exposed" by Moussasi, and then when he beat Moussasi, all the same people here were still saying how Moussasi is great and Mo will still be "exposed" or what not. Anyway, imo Mo would beat Bader. His last fight, he clearly looked flat and anyone can look flat in a fight. Let his knee heal, ignore the talk and just watch the man fight. The talk is for the casual fans anyway because they are not interested in the fight unless there is drama. Be honest with yourself, King Mo is definitely a top 15 LHW.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:42 am

jimbojones1950 wrote:
As an mma fan, this is what I dislike about mma fans in general...this idea that if a guy loses, he was "exposed." Mo is ultra talented and anyone who really watches mma who claims otherwise is biased and kidding themselves. So the guy lost one fight...big deal. He will come back better each time as long as his knee stays healthy. He was supposed to be "exposed" by Moussasi, and then when he beat Moussasi, all the same people here were still saying how Moussasi is great and Mo will still be "exposed" or what not. Anyway, imo Mo would beat Bader. His last fight, he clearly looked flat and anyone can look flat in a fight. Let his knee heal, ignore the talk and just watch the man fight. The talk is for the casual fans anyway because they are not interested in the fight unless there is drama. Be honest with yourself, King Mo is definitely a top 15 LHW.

I have no problem with someone calling him top 15. It's when he starts creeping in around #8 that starts to bother me. Just FYI I thought before the Mo fight that Mousasi was overrated at LHW and I still think that. After watching that fight it confirmed in my mind that both fighters are overrated. Neither are top 10 in my mind. I'll put them much closer to #15.
Back to top Go down
jimbojones1950
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:52 am

OU wrote:
jimbojones1950 wrote:

I have no problem with someone calling him top 15. It's when he starts creeping in around #8 that starts to bother me. Just FYI I thought before the Mo fight that Mousasi was overrated at LHW and I still think that. After watching that fight it confirmed in my mind that both fighters are overrated. Neither are top 10 in my mind. I'll put them much closer to #15.

Fair enough. Id say if Mo is in the UFC in 2 years, he will be a title contender and will reach top 5 status by then.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:56 am

jimbojones1950 wrote:
OU wrote:
jimbojones1950 wrote:

Fair enough. Id say if Mo is in the UFC in 2 years, he will be a title contender and will reach top 5 status by then.
Honestly, he's way too old for that to happen
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 10:58 am

jimbojones1950 wrote:
OU wrote:
jimbojones1950 wrote:

In 2 years I expect Mo to tighten his game and at that point be a very legit threat. I just think people are jumping on him as a top guy too early, that's all.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:00 am

killerofchicken wrote:
jimbojones1950 wrote:
OU wrote:
jimbojones1950 wrote:

?

He's only 29 and just made his debut 2 years ago. The health of his knee would be the only thing preventing that
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:05 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
jimbojones1950 wrote:
OU wrote:
jimbojones1950 wrote:

?

He's only 29 and just made his debut 2 years ago. The health of his knee would be the only thing preventing that

Yeah I'm with Bobbitt on this. He is still young enough. Plenty of MMA fighters don't peak until early 30s.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 11:06 am

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
jimbojones1950 wrote:
OU wrote:
jimbojones1950 wrote:

?

Yeah I'm with Bobbitt on this. He is still young enough. Plenty of MMA fighters don't peak until early 30s.
I'd rather wait and see his next fight, knee problems are tuff to come back from... especially when as you age
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"   King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

King Mo-"I'm done holding my tongue"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2