Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The true #1... Wolf?

Go down 
+6
chorky777
Wolfgangsta
Andrew the Raider King
OU
GDPofDRC
LTFG
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:29 pm

Like I said, this is the first time since AA was champion that a UFC champion could make a straight faced claim as number 1. I was never fooled by Lesnar. You should feel stupid if you were.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:30 pm

They would in their prime. CroCop was a better striker and Big Nog would sub him. Fedor would do whatever the hell he wanted. Cain beat a guy who ran away from a few punches and all of a sudden he's the GOAT?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Freak I'm loving the way you have sold brock out. I told you this all along. Where my props?
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:34 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
They would in their prime. CroCop was a better striker and Big Nog would sub him. Fedor would do whatever the hell he wanted. Cain beat a guy who ran away from a few punches and all of a sudden he's the GOAT?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Cro Cop would've been on his back getting his face bludgeoned. Hell, he probably would've been beaten standing, to be honest. Talk about overrated. Big Nog would've been knocked the fuck out, not much differently than he really was in his fight with Cain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:36 pm

Against Carwin I understood not exchanging because Carwin can ko any fighter in the world but he was scared of Cain from the get go and Brock outweighed him by 25 pounds so I lost all respect for him after that. You're paid to fight so fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:37 pm

chorky that is pretty ridiculous. No one was able to take CC down and control him and he fought a lot of big/NCAA champion wrestlers. His killer instinct, footwork, hand speed were all ten times. I take it you never watched Pride. Scratch that, I know for a fact you didn't watch Pride and have always been an anti Pride reactionary. Big Nog was significantly faster and had better defense then too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:38 pm

chorky777 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Cro Cop would've been on his back getting his face bludgeoned. Hell, he probably would've been beaten standing, to be honest. Talk about overrated. Big Nog would've been knocked the fuck out, not much differently than he really was in his fight with Cain.

Are you 12? have you ever watched Pride? You do know Liddell wasn't the best Light-Heavyweight from 2003-2006 either don't you? and that Rich Franklin wasn't the best middleweight either?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:39 pm

Even Fedor couldn't finish Nog but Cain would?
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:58 pm

Haha, guys, you're funny. I love Pride. I'm just realistic about individual fighters. It's just that I can see their flaws. I'm better at breaking down fighters than just about anyone, and I see them for who they actually are, not for who they're hyped to be. And the fact is, a lot of the fighters from the Pride days, including UFC guys, haven't evolved enough in recent days. Elite fighters are much better-rounded than they were even just 3 years ago. I could see that Chuck was gonna lose to Rashad. I picked Rampage to lose to Forrest. I foresaw Nog getting his block knocked off by Cain. I picked Cro-Cop to lose to Junior dos Santos. Why? Because these are the types of guys who weren't getting better, and they were fighting against guys who were growing and becoming proper, well-rounded fighters. There really is a new crop of fighters now who are just plain better than the old-school fighters that you guys want to cling to.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:58 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Even Fedor couldn't finish Nog but Cain would?

Yeah... kinda my point.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:01 pm

chorky is completely posing now. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:06 pm

chorky777 wrote:
Haha, guys, you're funny. I love Pride. I'm just realistic about individual fighters. It's just that I can see their flaws. I'm better at breaking down fighters than just about anyone, and I see them for who they actually are, not for who they're hyped to be. And the fact is, a lot of the fighters from the Pride days, including UFC guys, haven't evolved enough in recent days. Elite fighters are much better-rounded than they were even just 3 years ago. I could see that Chuck was gonna lose to Rashad. I picked Rampage to lose to Forrest. I foresaw Nog getting his block knocked off by Cain. I picked Cro-Cop to lose to Junior dos Santos. Why? Because these are the types of guys who weren't getting better, and they were fighting against guys who were growing and becoming proper, well-rounded fighters. There really is a new crop of fighters now who are just plain better than the old-school fighters that you guys want to cling to.

Must be why you're coming 10th in the GOR while i'm coming 2nd. Teach us old wise one.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:08 pm

PWNT
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:18 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
chorky777 wrote:

Must be why you're coming 10th in the GOR while i'm coming 2nd. Teach us old wise one.

I'm too busy picking correctly in the Pick'em section. Sorry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:22 pm

You're coming 12th there.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:22 pm

Oh jesus chorky...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:28 pm

And then there's me.....

I just read this page and gave it a quick look, Chork is better at Pick'em Freak at GOR, go H2H on something for a AV bet.

Oh and I'm in 2nd in GOR now.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:30 pm

For the record I'd take Cain now over Nog or CC in Pride, he's the new age.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:31 pm

Truth is I don't watch the undercards so I wouldn't know about the lower level fighters in the UFC so I just guess and that's why I get them wrong in the pick em'. In the GOR it's just the best fights so that's why i'm in the top 3.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:32 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
You're coming 12th there.

I'm the most accurate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:32 pm

This makes me laugh.

Boxing fans overate the past
UFC fans underate the past

People need to get their shit together.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:34 pm

chorky777 wrote:

so basically you pick the young fighter when they fight old guys
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:35 pm

LA wrote:

Oh and I'm in 2nd in GOR now.

Not if Alexander Shlemenko wins.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:37 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
This makes me laugh.

Boxing fans overate the past
UFC fans underate the past

People need to get their shit together.

In what way am I underrating the past? We're in the present. The fact is, in the present, there are fighters that are better than the champions of five years ago.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Eh I can look at a fighter and think about how he'd do against other top guys in their Prime, Cain would beat a lot of guys, he has all the tools in every department but BJJ.

Cro cop was Cro cop when he came to the UFC, Nog wasn't far out of his prime.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The true #1... Wolf?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next