Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The true #1... Wolf?

Go down 
+6
chorky777
Wolfgangsta
Andrew the Raider King
OU
GDPofDRC
LTFG
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

The true #1... Wolf? Empty
PostSubject: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 pm

Wolf has bandwaggoned heavily for Werdum being the lineal champion. But I think anyone with a semi-rational MMA brain would see Cain (Who Wolf has also spent much time swinging fromt he jock of) taking Werdum out quickly and in dramatic fashion... So, who really is #1?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:52 pm

I've had Cain at #1 since Fedor lost.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:57 pm

LTFG wrote:
Wolf has bandwaggoned heavily for Werdum being the lineal champion. But I think anyone with a semi-rational MMA brain would see Cain (Who Wolf has also spent much time swinging fromt he jock of) taking Werdum out quickly and in dramatic fashion... So, who really is #1?

IMO Werdum is the true HW World Champion in MMA. Fedor is the best HW in the world, Cain is #2 but Werdum is the Champion. Just how I see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:59 pm

Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 1:06 pm

I wasn't polling freak... Calling out and asking Wolf where his allegience was after two of his fav's are sitting on top of two different polls. I have a feeling he's hitting the Exedrin hard at the thought, but he'd never admit it... Wink
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:03 pm

Cain by a long shot! Werdum would get beaten like a rented mule.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Cain is a purple in BJJ. He is a good but not great striker. Werdum is a good striker but isn't as fast. Werdum may pose a lot of match up problems for him, especially if Cain took him down. I don't want to hear anymore of this "immune to BJJ" business like the Lesnuts dorks were clamoring. That is pretty ridiculous. Cain's best chance would be to sprawl and brawl and light him up like he did Nog. Werdum would by far be the best fighter Cain has ever faced. I could see it go both ways. Anyway the lineal champion of MMA is Fabricio Werdum and that isn't open for debate. You can choose to ignore the lineal title but you can't dispute it. Fedor was the man for seven years and was defeated cleanly by the best HW BJJ artist ever using expert BJJ skills. Again, any attempt to argue Cain's wrestling or GnP make him immune to Werdum's BJJ will only be met with insults, so don't lower yourself to such levels.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Anyway I don't know who would win between Cain or Werdum. I could see either winning.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:14 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Cain is a purple in BJJ. He is a good but not great striker. Werdum is a good striker but isn't as fast. Werdum may pose a lot of match up problems for him, especially if Cain took him down. I don't want to hear anymore of this "immune to BJJ" business like the Lesnuts dorks were clamoring. That is pretty ridiculous. Cain's best chance would be to sprawl and brawl and light him up like he did Nog. Werdum would by far be the best fighter Cain has ever faced. I could see it go both ways. Anyway the lineal champion of MMA is Fabricio Werdum and that isn't open for debate. You can choose to ignore the lineal title but you can't dispute it. Fedor was the man for seven years and was defeated cleanly by the best HW BJJ artist ever using expert BJJ skills. Again, any attempt to argue Cain's wrestling or GnP make him immune to Werdum's BJJ will only be met with insults, so don't lower yourself to such levels.

The linear stuff is a joke to me but I know what it means to you. Werdum was lucky that Fedor got sloppy, plain and simple. I'm not saying he isn't skilled, but Fedor did everything but gift wrap his head and arm...

Now if the two were to meet... Standing is a clear advantage to Cain. I don't think the advantage on the ground goes to Cain by any means. But I don't think it's a big advantage for Werdum if it is at all. The longer it stays there, the more it benefits him. But I'm not sure there's a HW out there that can keep Cain on the ground. What you appear to be calling a toss-up, I'd give pretty big odds to Cain...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:18 pm

I'd probably pick Cain, but if he lost I wouldn't be shocked at all. Cain hasn't fought anyone on Werdum's level yet. Werdum is a good striker in his own right and would hold a significant ground advantage over the purple belt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:48 pm

Cain's would be too smart to get in a situation where Werdum can submit him. Cain would beat him easy.

Andrew to be the man you have to beat the man and right now Werdum is the man.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:53 pm

Cain doesn't know what smart on the ground means against someone like Werdum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:54 pm

He wouldn't get on the ground with him.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 7:59 pm

What if Cain beats the man that beat the man? I mean, it was only 2 years ago that JDS knocked Werdum's block off. I don't know how submitting an idiot with no gameplan makes you the man, either. Just because of some bizarre idea of lineal titles that mean nothing, especially when the holder is fighting Zuluzinho and Hong Man Choi.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:05 pm

If JDS beats Cain it makes holding Werdum at 1 a lot harder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Fedor was the man and destroyed all the Heavyweight fighters in Pride which made him the Undisputed Heavyweight King. Werdum beat him which makes him the King now. Whoever wants to be the King has to beat Werdum now.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:08 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

But not if Cain beats JDS? Even though he's undefeated against very good competition?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

My rankings are based on results and who beats who combined. I have Cain Velasquez ranked number 1 but Werdum is the Lineal champ and THE MAN.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:09 pm

Ya I suppose it works both ways.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:14 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Fedor was the man and destroyed all the Heavyweight fighters in Pride which made him the Undisputed Heavyweight King. Werdum beat him which makes him the King now. Whoever wants to be the King has to beat Werdum now.

What about if a man beats all the Heavyweight fighters in the UFC in a time when the fighters are more skilled? I know it hasn't happened yet, but I really think Cain's the guy to do it. I'm sorry, but beating even a prime Mark Coleman wouldn't be that difficult to do for Cain or dos Santos. It's a stupid idea to say that because somebody dominated the shitty fighters of 7-10 years ago, then followed it up by fighting the middle tier guys of today, that he's the king now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:20 pm

So Big Nog, CroCop and the other heavies of Pride were shitty fighters? Time to get Dana's balls out of your mouth and respect the rest of the MMA world.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:21 pm

You can retcon all you want, but Fedor beat top flight guys outside of Pride. Tim was good enough to fight in title fights nonstop in the UFC yet he is garbage all of a sudden when he leaves to pursue a fight with Fedor. AA destroyed Rothwell, Nelson, and also beat Werdum and then got flattened by Fedor. Rogers was looking like a monster too. If we want to assassinate Fedor's record than we certainly can takedown Cain's or anyone elses. Fedor's opponents of the last two years are equal or better than Brock's or Cain's. Zulu, HMC, these fights happened three and four years ago.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Further, the way Fedor beat AA and Sylvia proved his status as an elite vs the UFC champions at the time. He blasted Sylvia in 36 seconds where it Couture 5 rounds and Nog barely survived. Mir and Brock beat Nog and Couture. Does anyone really think they'd beat Fedor who isn't a Fedor-hater.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:26 pm

Sylvia destroyed Nog until Nog pulled out the sub. Arlovski was ranked number 2 when Fedor beat him. Fedor destroyed both these 2.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:27 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
So Big Nog, CroCop and the other heavies of Pride were shitty fighters? Time to get Dana's balls out of your mouth and respect the rest of the MMA world.

They wouldn't beat Cain. All I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The true #1... Wolf?   The true #1... Wolf? Empty

Back to top Go down

The true #1... Wolf?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next