Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is this the beginning of the Cain era?

Go down 
+4
LA
bobbitt15
GDPofDRC
Wolfgangsta
8 posters

How many defenses are most likely?
None. Dos Santos beats him.
Is this the beginning of the Cain era? Vote_lcap14%Is this the beginning of the Cain era? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
1-2. He may defend his belt, but doesn't break three defenses.
Is this the beginning of the Cain era? Vote_lcap57%Is this the beginning of the Cain era? Vote_rcap
 57% [ 8 ]
3+. Cain becomes the first champion to defend the title three times.
Is this the beginning of the Cain era? Vote_lcap29%Is this the beginning of the Cain era? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Is this the beginning of the Cain era? Empty
PostSubject: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 12:57 am

Even if Cain were to lose in the next year to a Dos Santos or a Carwin, I think he has skill and time on his side. As long as all his tools and durability stay intact, I expect him to remain a force at HW and a dominant fighter for a long time. This is the first time a UFC champion feels legitimate in years. There isn't a gimmick or asterisk, he isn't a giant with good but not great skill, he isn't somewhere between 40 and 50, and he doesn't have a questionable chin.

While MMA landscapes constantly change and are hardly predictable past 2 or 3 fights out, after JDS and potentially Carwin, the sailing looks smooth for the champion inside the UFC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 1:05 am

I got a feeling he will be fighting Lesnar again before Carwin.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 1:08 am

Carwin may talk himself out of a title shot, this is true. But Cain vs Carwin would be an easy sell to the PPV public.

Anyway, Carwin offers him something. Lesnar doesn't. Even if Lesnar does come before those two, he isn't nearly as dangerous as a threat.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 1:11 am

He's the $$$. THey get him a rematch or title shot with JDS as fast as they can. Enter Sean Mckorkel.

Dana would cut himself bad if Brock lost again.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 1:31 am

I said none but it could just as easily be 3+. Hard call
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:26 am

It could very well be, lets not jump to early though like the Machida Era, and I see Brock and Cain fighting again down the line, hopefully Brock works improves and gives him a run for his money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:22 am

Cain beats JDS. Brock beats Mir then rematch. Winner fights Carwin.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:55 am

I want a thread count on how many threads wolf has made about cain/brock?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 4:56 am

It would be pointless because he starts a new one every 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:02 am

15, half hating
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:05 am

Lol wolf loves to jump on bandwagons. Remember werdum lmao?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:15 am

josh200612 wrote:
Lol wolf loves to jump on bandwagons. Remember werdum lmao?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 6:53 am

It's going to be an extremely tough reign for Cain.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:43 am

Yo I was on this bandwagon from day one. Werdum being a pussy is making me wanna dip out off that one.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:49 am

yo wolf are you gonna toss rampage's salad once he ko's machida?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 10:51 am

I'm leaning toward JDS right now. Not much logic behind why though. Smart money is on Cain.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:03 pm

I could see Junior(if he can stuff a takedown, or get off his back) or Carwin(if he can last longer then 3 minutes) beating him.

After that he should be able to get on a roll.

But after Saturday, I never see Brock having a chance against him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:39 pm

Carwin has the wrestling to deal with Cain's takedowns but not the cardio.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 2:57 pm

Ali wrote:
Carwin has the wrestling to deal with Cain's takedowns but not the cardio.

I disagree. Cain is the best wrestler in division. I think he will toss him like he has done to the other 265+ pounders he's fought, with ease. He will need to avoid Carwins fist, the rest is of less concern. And I think Cain would go for the kill quick, relentless. If he didn't that would still work out in his favor, cardio.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 5:41 pm

not ready to say that yet. Maybe if he beats JDS i'll say that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this the beginning of the Cain era?   Is this the beginning of the Cain era? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this the beginning of the Cain era?
Page 1 of 1