Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Musical guilty pleasures...

Go down 
+6
Wolfgangsta
franklinfan2
LA
joshkellerseattle
Bigs03
LTFG
10 posters
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Musical guilty pleasures... Empty
PostSubject: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:15 pm

I'm not talking about a head banger who likes one good country song... I'm not talking about a country guy liking one rap song... I'm talking about your true guilty pleasures of songs from that horrible era of music (70's, 80's and some 90's). It has to be something that you know really isn't good, but you find yourself rolling up the car window and turning it up when it comes on the radio. Hell, I'll even buy a few songs from the made for teen's pop stars from this era...

I'll start, since I heard it this morning on my way to PT...

Gary Numan's song, "Cars"... Embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldyx3KHOFXw
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:51 pm

Poison

Boyz II Men
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 12:37 am

Ahem...

Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 1:04 am

Some awesome music came out of those Era's
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:03 am

I like most of the terrible 80's music. But if I had to pick one song, it would be Safety Dance.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:59 am

There was music made in the 70s 80s and early 90s that is significantly better than anything in years years and years. Uber fucking fail from LTFG. Modern music should be a guilty pleasure for any self respecting individual who isn't a total moron.

If I had the power to delete or deface this thread in this part of the forum I would.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 1:43 pm

any old school rap Im talkin 70-80's
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:00 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
There was music made in the 70s 80s and early 90s that is significantly better than anything in years years and years. Uber fucking fail from LTFG. Modern music should be a guilty pleasure for any self respecting individual who isn't a total moron.

If I had the power to delete or deface this thread in this part of the forum I would.

What is it about me that pisses you off so much? Do I remind you of those boyfriend's of your moms? Do I remind you of those other kids that teased you endlessly in school? Is it that I don't bend over and kiss your ass when you post your nonsense? The chair is still open for you my boy...

To the topic at hand... I said the era as a whole was awful, imp. There was more shit music from that era than any other in memory... BY FAR (And I know because I grew up in that era dipshit). Disco, hair bands, funk, glam rock, new wave, techno and on and on. You may think ypou have a feel for what it was by reading it on the net, but I lived it on the radio every day. They weren't playing non-stop Zeppelin, The Who, Hendrix, Skynyrd, Floyd, The Eagles and CCR. You were lucky to find a station that would play one quality song by one quality band per hour. Look special boy... I kind of figure that people are smart enough to differentiate Led Zeppelin from Crystal Gayle... Metallica from Abba... Black Sabbath from New Kids On The Block, Santana from Twisted Sister, etc. But since you are so fucking THICK let me spell it out for you. I was asking people if hey were ballsy enough to admit to enjoying any of the vast majority of shit that was made by those horiffic genre's (Tell me you crank up some Bee Gee's). But, if you consider all of that pioneering, influential and great music... You are the total moron. The rest of us understand that there were some quality groups and songs made, but don't feel the need to go on the attack over personal vendetta's. Get fucking over it already and go back to enjoying your Solid Gold CD's!!!

Oh, and yes I'm aware of the vast majority of shit that is still put on... But since it's current and is what's on whether we like it or not, I cannot qualify it yet. I get a kick that you rip on the current stuff so hard as if this is some catastrophic happening, yet every thread that brings up music is filled with nothing but modern metal and rap. What's currently in your I-Pod?... Emerson, Lake & Palmer or Fifty Cent? I gurantee the common answer among this group is much coser to the latter than the former.

As far as your last little snip... Keep hanging onto the fact that this forum and your "moderator" status are and will be the only level of worth you will likely ever achieve. Fucktard.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:39 pm

Why did you have to put down the Bee Gees? They are fuckin awesome
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:58 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Why did you have to put down the Bee Gees? They are fuckin awesome

Funny thing is I was watching Airplane with my oldest boy a few weekends back... When the bar scene came on and the Bee Gee's were singing in the background he looks at me and says, "No way that's a guy singing, dad"... I just laughed and told him it was but he got that high by putting his nuts in a vice while taking an ice bath before every concert... They were truly amazing...
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:43 pm

LTFG what is good now? Seriously. What is so much better now than old eras? Pop music of all eras sucks. You honestly think today's pop isn't more insulting to the intelligence than disco? I'd rather listen to disco than whatever is on the radio now.

You're a simpleton with an inflated sense of self worth. I was responding soley to your stupid premise, however you're the one that mentions me in nearly every thread you post or create. The whole forum sees it.

And if you listened to the radio every single day that proves how much of a nitwit you really are.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:27 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
LTFG what is good now? Seriously. What is so much better now than old eras? Pop music of all eras sucks. You honestly think today's pop isn't more insulting to the intelligence than disco? I'd rather listen to disco than whatever is on the radio now.

You're a simpleton with an inflated sense of self worth. I was responding soley to your stupid premise, however you're the one that mentions me in nearly every thread you post or create. The whole forum sees it.

And if you listened to the radio every single day that proves how much of a nitwit you really are.

What the fuck are you talking about? Where did I say any pop was good no less this era of pop being good or better than another? I left this off the main post figuring no one would cop to cranking up the Jonas Brothers.

Inflated sense of worth? Okay pot... If you say so. And please, go back to anything in the last two weeks to see who swings first. I just finished referencing this elsewhere AGAIN where you drag my name out unprovoked. And since this is my thread, it's pretty easy to see the obvious.

You know, for someone who tries to "appear" smart you sure spend a lot of time stepping in craters. Someone who listens to music every day is a nitwit now? Kid, you are reaching so hard to find ways to get at me you need a fucking ladder. Go away, boy... You're bothering me. I'm done with your pointless, pathetic and tired act.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 8:42 pm

LTFG is one of those guys who is guaranteed to bite every time...
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:07 pm

Only for you my boy... And at least you're big enough to admit to trolling...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 9:03 pm

Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 11:55 pm

Burning up by the jonas brothers....
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Just took a drive to check on a job. A local classic rock station played what is perhaps the most lyrically challenged rock song ever made... Van Halen's "Jump". Hate to admit it, but I turned it up and thoroughly enjoyed Eddie's guitar work... I'm not ashamed to admit that I like almost anything Van Halen despite the God awful lyrics thanks to Eddie...
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 7:43 pm

wolf you sound like you are fed by radio ... this era we are in right now will most be known for the internets influence on how people listen to music...

In previous decades, people got all the music they listened too from the radio, apart from maybe small local bands that were around.. and many major radio stations had pocket ties with all of the major labels to push certain bands.. hence, you were being fed what the major corporations wanted you to here.. Now I am not talking down any great band from the past because it still happens today (Nickelback would be an example, and are a disgrace) but you would have to agree that their popularity would have fell (at least a little) if the internet was around than and more choices were given to people...

If you think this decade is terrible for music.. I just think you are lazy and dont give a shit about music in the first place.. The bands out there at the moment are limitless and you can find exactly what you want to hear... Do you want a heavy metal band with 2 cello's and a violinist? Boom: "Apocalyptica".. Do you want a folk band with a johnny cash type lead singer? Boom: "Smog". You can find EXACTLY what music you want to hear and not what is being played on the radio.. HENCE- if you want to put in the effort, this could possibly be the best decade of music for yourself, not for the masses.

I was a music business major before I decided that I could probably make more money elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musical guilty pleasures...   Musical guilty pleasures... Empty

Back to top Go down

Musical guilty pleasures...
Page 1 of 1