Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

College Football Voting

Go down 
+4
LA
LTFG
killerofchicken
OU
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

College Football Voting Empty
PostSubject: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:20 pm

Voting is always subjective, you always have things like South Carolina beating Bama and still being ranked behind them even though they just beat them and both have 1 loss. Is that right? I was thinking, what about a NP official college football poll? Only rank maybe the top 10 maybe top 15. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:21 pm

i cant wait till this college football shit is over with!!!
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:30 pm

I had this in the wrong section.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:35 pm

OU wrote:
Voting is always subjective, you always have things like South Carolina beating Bama and still being ranked behind them even though they just beat them and both have 1 loss. Is that right? I was thinking, what about a NP official college football poll? Only rank maybe the top 10 maybe top 15. What do you guys think?
I like that idea.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Not like our poll wouldn't be any more biased then the other polls out there haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:41 pm

OU wrote:
Not like our poll wouldn't be any more biased then the other polls out there haha
Nah mine would look like this.

1. Oklahoma
2. Oklahoma
3. Oklahoma
4. Oklahoma
5. Oklahoma
6. Oklahoma
7. Oklahoma
8. Oklahoma
9. Florida State
10. Air Force
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:57 pm

I'll be honest... I wouldn't have Oregon at 2 right now. Closer to the bottom of the top-10 actually. So I for one could be honest and not a total homer if we did this. Can anyone else say the same?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:58 pm

LTFG wrote:
I'll be honest... I wouldn't have Oregon at 2 right now. Closer to the bottom of the top-10 actually. So I for one could be honest and not a total homer if we did this. Can anyone else say the same?

I always try to be objective.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:59 pm

I don't know what they can do to change that voting sytem, but something has to be done, then after that a playoff system must be added.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:00 pm

I'd have the OU Longhorns somewhere around 5
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:01 pm

LA wrote:
I don't know what they can do to change that voting sytem, but something has to be done, then after that a playoff system must be added.

I don't think a playoff should have any more then 8 teams. I personally prefer a 4 team playoff or +1 scenario.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:02 pm

LA wrote:

two different teams bro. One team is undefeated and the other is about to be 3-3. You can find a better OU diss, I know you can.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:04 pm

OU wrote:
LA wrote:

two different teams bro. One team is undefeated and the other is about to be 3-3. You can find a better OU diss, I know you can.

Sad thing is that preseason I had "the other team" in the title game against Ohio St. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:06 pm

LTFG wrote:
OU wrote:
LA wrote:

Sad thing is that preseason I had "the other team" in the title game against Ohio St. Embarassed

You had the currently unranked shorthorns in the title game?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:09 pm

http://www.ninjasplace.com/sports-f5/who-wins-the-national-championship-next-year-t7875-30.htm

Embarrassing... Missed big time on that one! I'd have been better off being a homer and saying Oregon v. Ohio St. I'd be looking like a genius right now... lol
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:10 pm

College Football Voting Bradfordgay

College Football Voting Agonyofdefeatyq6
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:11 pm

^
much better effort. Now go fuck yourself...or Kobe, your choice.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:12 pm

LTFG wrote:
http://www.ninjasplace.com/sports-f5/who-wins-the-national-championship-next-year-t7875-30.htm

Embarrassing... Missed big time on that one! I'd have been better off being a homer and saying Oregon v. Ohio St. I'd be looking like a genius right now... lol

I was going to say you would be better off being a homer. We can still combine our homerisim and say OU vs Oregon cheers
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:24 pm

Wish I could be as confident with Oregon. They're first half defense and falling behind every week is really making me (And any smart fan) uncomfortable. The Pac-10 might not be the SEC, but there's a few teams that could trip them up if they can't get that figured out. I'm a nervous fan knowing how they've blown opporunities in the past... But that match-up would make for a hell of a game (Just like last season, Ohio St. would crush Oregon if they played tomorrow, IMO.)
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:27 pm

LTFG wrote:
Wish I could be as confident with Oregon. They're first half defense and falling behind every week is really making me (And any smart fan) uncomfortable. The Pac-10 might not be the SEC, but there's a few teams that could trip them up if they can't get that figured out. I'm a nervous fan knowing how they've blown opporunities in the past... But that match-up would make for a hell of a game (Just like last season, Ohio St. would crush Oregon if they played tomorrow, IMO.)

I'm pretty nervous still about OU as well. Big 12 is down but still going to Mizzou, to Oklahoma State and then a showdown with Nebraska isn't a cake walk. Not with how we have looked in our wins.
I agree though Pac 10 is pretty tough with quite a few really good not great teams.
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:37 pm

I like it and I'm sure mine would be the best out there without any bias Laughing

Top 20 would look like:

1. Oregon
2. Boise
3. Nebraska
4. tOSU
5. TCU
6. Michigan State
7. OU
8. Auburn
9. South Carolina
10. LSU
11. Utah
12. Bama
13. Arkansas
14. Stanford
15. Oregon State
16. Wisconsin
17. Florida State
18. Iowa
19. Nevada
20. Ok State

I started out putting my top 10, then top 15, but kept having teams pretty even at the cutoff so 20 is better for my current thought process.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:46 pm

If we can get 10 or so people on board, I think it would be worth it making a poll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:22 pm

OU wrote:
If we can get 10 or so people on board, I think it would be worth it making a poll.
Lets do this shit.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 6:56 pm

I am down.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:03 pm

Man I can't wait until the conspiracy to end all conspiracies comes to light and it is proven CFB has been half ass rigged under the BCS. There is no reason to watch CFB until it's a real game that is competitive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Football Voting   College Football Voting Empty

Back to top Go down

College Football Voting
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next