Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heisman at mid season

Go down 
+5
UBeeg9cats
bobbitt15
LA
OU
LTFG
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Heisman at mid season Empty
PostSubject: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:09 pm

I think we can finally tell the media honks that have been hyping Ingram for a second award to shut the hell up. Dude's barely hitting 65 yards a game.

I think at this point, Denard Robinson is still the front runner. I think the top-5 round out with Terrelle Pryor, LaMichael James, Kellen Moore and Cameron Newton. Am I missing anyone? Are there WR's or defensive players who could join the race?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:11 pm

LTFG wrote:
I think we can finally tell the media honks that have been hyping Ingram for a second award to shut the hell up. Dude's barely hitting 65 yards a game.

I think at this point, Denard Robinson is still the front runner. I think the top-5 round out with Terrelle Pryor, LaMichael James, Kellen Moore and Cameron Newton. Am I missing anyone? Are there WR's or defensive players who could join the race?
WR Broyles from OU could jump in there. But he isnt going to win it.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:12 pm

IMO the guys that SHOULD be at the top. Martinez from Nebraska and Luck from Stanford.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:23 pm

Martinez will be there in the next couple of years, but right now his overall stats and 3 passing TD's don't compare to the others. Yes, his running is as if not more impressive than the others, but I can't see a straight runner beating the rounded guys I listed. Luck is also a good choice to add to the list and I could see him sitting in New York if they can keep winning.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:28 pm

LTFG wrote:
Martinez will be there in the next couple of years, but right now his overall stats and 3 passing TD's don't compare to the others. Yes, his running is as if not more impressive than the others, but I can't see a straight runner beating the rounded guys I listed. Luck is also a good choice to add to the list and I could see him sitting in New York if they can keep winning.

1 thing ALWAYS taken into consideration is the record of the team you play for. Being on an undefeated top ranked team helps every single time. Just how it works, extra brownie points.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:34 pm

Absolutely... But you have Pryor, James, Moore and Newton all on undefeated upper ranked teams. Everyone but Moore has obstacles in front of them in the competition department. Moore might get dinged with votes due to his lack of competition. It's still pretty wide open.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:40 pm

LTFG wrote:
Absolutely... But you have Pryor, James, Moore and Newton all on undefeated upper ranked teams. Everyone but Moore has obstacles in front of them in the competition department. Moore might get dinged with votes due to his lack of competition. It's still pretty wide open.

Yep Moore needs Boise to go undefeated and others to lose to get a real shot at winning it. If Ohio St and Nebraska go undefeated their QBs will be the top guys IMO. If Oregon wins out James would also be above Moore more then likely. If any of those 3 teams finish undefeated their player will have a great shot at it.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:51 pm

Don't forget about Newton. I know the SEC is tough, but I think they walk through Arkansas and LSU. I think this last game was a fluke for Alabama and that could be Auburn's stumbling block. But if he performs well in a loss, he could still be sitting pretty...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:55 pm

LTFG wrote:
Don't forget about Newton. I know the SEC is tough, but I think they walk through Arkansas and LSU. I think this last game was a fluke for Alabama and that could be Auburn's stumbling block. But if he performs well in a loss, he could still be sitting pretty...

Possible. I expect Auburn to lose 2 games this year though. If he only loses 1 and plays well vs Bama he will get a serious look. Like you said the SEC is tough and might keep eachother out of the title game and the Heisman.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:59 pm

Plus, if Michigan gets back on track and manages to pull the upset over the Buckeyes, I think my man Denard Robinson could be in the driver's seat if he continues to do what he does. But a second loss drops him big...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:01 pm

LTFG wrote:
Plus, if Michigan gets back on track and manages to pull the upset over the Buckeyes, I think my man Denard Robinson could be in the driver's seat if he continues to do what he does. But a second loss drops him big...

Big IF there. IF they managed to go on with 1 loss and beat OSU he is sitting pretty. But I don't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:14 pm

Yeah, me either... lol. But I love watching what Robinson does. And of course being a homer for local teams I hope that Oregon keeps winning and that they continue to feed James the rock. The sophomore stigma is gone, so he should get serious consideration if that happens.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Everything is so wide open now that anyone on a good team can still step it up and steal that thing away. I think the SEC being so competitive this years actually hurts them in both the title and Heisman races. Opens the door for just about anything.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:12 pm

D Rob, James, Luck
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Robinson has no chance at all but right now he's still up there I guess

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 3:24 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Robinson has no chance at all but right now he's still up there I guess

only because he will probably lose too many games. Top rated teams get all the brownie points.
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 4:39 pm

I would honestly go Cam Newton right now. He has been everything for an undefeated SEC team. The next 2 weeks will make or break him.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Randall Cobb is the baddest dude in college football right now! Fuck the Heisman!
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:12 pm

Randall Cobb's a mid level talent at best playing on a 3-3 team. Wake me when he grows a few inches, gains 20 pounds and catches more than a half dozen balls a game... tongue
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:15 pm

who?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Exactly... A stunded WR from Kentucky
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:24 pm

LTFG wrote:
Exactly... A stunded WR from Kentucky

I bet he's no Ryan Broyles.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:28 pm

A mirror image...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:29 pm

LTFG wrote:
A mirror image...

Seriously?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:35 pm

Its denards to lose we only lost one game so chill the fuck out guys! If we keep losing like last year its over!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heisman at mid season   Heisman at mid season Empty

Back to top Go down

Heisman at mid season
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next