Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Heisman

Go down 
+2
Farmer1906
NoRegret
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

The Heisman Empty
PostSubject: The Heisman   The Heisman EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:35 pm

Personally, I think Colt Mccoy will win the heisman.

BUT here is how I believe it SHOULD go down.

1. Toby Gerhart- reminds me of Larry Csonka with his style, I love those kinds of players...his stats were great for an okay team
2. Ndamukong Suh- He IS the overall best player in college football. A DOMINANT defensive lineman that nobody can block. very deserving.
3. Colt McCoy- he did nothing spectacular this year. He did have a good season, but it was no better than the last couple of years when he didnt win then either.
4. Mark Ingram- solid runner...he had a blemish though, in his game against Auburn. ( I think he will actually take 2nd in the voting though)
5. Tim Tebow- it was his worst season at UF thus far. He improved skill wise, but his stats didnt. Had he beaten Bama he woulda probably taken the heisman again this year.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

The Heisman Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heisman   The Heisman EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:52 pm

Ingram will win hands down

If I could vote Id go
Suh
Gerhart
Ingram
McCoy
Tebow.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

The Heisman Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heisman   The Heisman EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 10:29 pm

SUH!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

The Heisman Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heisman   The Heisman EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:30 am

I thought Suh should have won but defensive players dont win awards like this.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

The Heisman Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heisman   The Heisman EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:34 am

timthebim wrote:

They do, but you gotta be able to do special teams too ala Charles Woodson ( i think he won did he not?)

if not, one of the DB's in recent Michigan history won the heisman.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

The Heisman Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heisman   The Heisman EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:59 am

Suh gets credit for being not only a defensive player but a DT. They don't run up the numbers like ends, lbs, and dbs do.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

The Heisman Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heisman   The Heisman EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 12:05 pm

NoRegret wrote:
timthebim wrote:

They do, but you gotta be able to do special teams too ala Charles Woodson ( i think he won did he not?)

if not, one of the DB's in recent Michigan history won the heisman.

Yeah Woodson won it but he is the only 1 i remember. I'm a huge Michigan fan and it was great to see but when he won Peyton should have probably won as a matter of fact I dont know how he didnt win lol.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

The Heisman Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heisman   The Heisman EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:43 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Suh gets credit for being not only a defensive player but a DT. They don't run up the numbers like ends, lbs, and dbs do.

Yes I know that, im not stupid.

I was saying that the only way a defensive player will win that award is if they can play special teams now a days too.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

The Heisman Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heisman   The Heisman EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:44 pm

Suh is the only one of those guys that will make a sure fired impact on the next level... The Heisman has been a joke award ever since Andre Ware won it in 1989. It used to be the best player in college football and they almost always translated to being at least a solid player on the next level. The media, ESPN in particular and the colleges themselves have turned it into nothing more than a hype machine that builds up the most visible player on elite teams.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

The Heisman Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heisman   The Heisman EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 7:08 pm

LTFG I think ur right to a point but hell the year Ingram had against SEC defenses cant complain he won.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

The Heisman Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heisman   The Heisman EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:36 pm

I think Peter King said it best:

I think the Heisman Trust, or the Downtown Athletic Club, or whoever is in charge of awarding the Heisman Trophy every year, ought to rename it the Heisman Offensive Player Trophy.

I think, not to be a wiseguy, you can't be serious about the voting this year. In a year when there's no clear-cut dominant offensive player, and the voting is fragmented among several skill-position guys, Nebraska defensive tackle Suh finishes his college career as probably the best defensive player of this decade in college football. He gets 19 percent of the first-place votes and finishes a distant fourth.

The Heisman has been awarded 75 times, all to players who touched the ball, with one asterisk. Charles Woodson won it in 1997 as a corner/wideout/kick-returner; he was primarily a defensive player. But the only way he won it is because he had the versatile-player tag -- not because he was a superior cornerback. If Suh isn't going to win it, or even strongly contend, after making 35 tackles behind the line of scrimmage and knocking down the quarterback another 24 times, why continue the charade of saying the Heisman is awarded to the best player in college football. It's just not.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

The Heisman Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heisman   The Heisman EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 1:57 pm

timthebim wrote:
LTFG I think ur right to a point but hell the year Ingram had against SEC defenses cant complain he won.

I'm not complaining about the winner, just stating a fact that the award is a joke... If Alabama's not in the NC game, he doesn't win it! I mean Anthony Dixon had every bit the year that Ingram did in that mighty SEC, BUT he played for Miss. St. If you look at the numbers that Richardson, Upchurch and Goode layed down when they were on the field, they all are comparable to Ingram. I think this in fact hurt Ingram because there was no drop off in the backfield when he wasn't in there. The award is pretty meaningless to most serious fans these days and the butt of jokes because of what it has become. Hell, if Stanford was a 2 loss team fighting for a Rose Bowl bid rather than a 4 loss team, Gerhart runs away with the award! It's all about who you play for, how well they are doing and your profile on that team. Regardless, the best player in college football finished 4th in the vote because his team was barely above average and he's in a 3 point stance...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Heisman Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Heisman   The Heisman Empty

Back to top Go down

The Heisman
Page 1 of 1