Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A LIFETIME OF STALKERS

Go down 
+9
shakefree
Diego408
gomez1012
RUM CAPITAL
Tobe06
4445Frank
hardcoreBEE24
Wolfgangsta
marbleheadmaui
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:20 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:
Librado Andrade

Yeah I guess. The guys I included, for the most part anyway, have some craft. Libro has none.

I agree, was skeptical at throwing his name into this group

Glenn Johnson?
Good add.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:20 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Yeah, I kind of Agree with Wolfdouchebag. Marble should become a boxing writer, I mean Marbles post are the reason I came to ninjas. He could easily take Fat man Dans job.

Back on Topic, Angulo should be mentioned.

No way ESPN replaces Rafel; his TV-friendly face is the reason he's so popular Razz

On topic - what about Micky Ward?

Stylistically yes. Competency wise he's not in the class of the guys I listed.

Joe Frazier clearly belonged as Hardcore noted. How I left Bob Foster out is a mystery.

That was Frank's suggestion. I said 140 lb Cotto and currently Maidana has shown stalker like skills. Speaking of heavyweights how bout the guy in my signature. He's stalking in the gif.
Back to top Go down
Tobe06
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Tobe06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ali

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:21 pm

[quote="marbleheadmaui"]
Tobe06 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:

Joe Frazier clearly belonged as Hardcore noted. How I left Bob Foster out is a mystery.

Agreed - but he does have all the sytle elements you note.

Glen Johnson is a good call here as well.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:21 pm

4445Frank wrote:
Marble, I see where you're coming from, but I always thought of Louis as "The Terminator." He reminded of that character more than any boxer. Maybe you're right, but that's my idea of Joe Louis. Long ago, when I mentioned that Joe was a gentleman, you got me straight on that. He was no angel (In fact, he was a womanizer. I have nothing against them as I've been one on and off for a while.). Funny, when I thought of his friendship with Sonny Liston, I thought of Liston as a bad influence. Maybe it was Joe being a bad influence on him. LOL Louis is not a bad fellow and I'm not suggesting that he was. I've said all this to get across how I see this guy in the ring. He was one of the hardest most merciless men I've ever seen in any sport and seemed to be fearless. Listen to the description the hero (Forgot his name) gives the "Terminator" in the original picture. There are some words that you have to delete, but for the most part, it's a perfect description of Joe Louis. LOL

I wouldn't argue with a single thing in this post.

That terminator is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

If we trade Marble for Dan Rafael, it will destory the board. Let espn find their own people.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:23 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:
Yeah, I kind of Agree with Wolfdouchebag. Marble should become a boxing writer, I mean Marbles post are the reason I came to ninjas. He could easily take Fat man Dans job.

Back on Topic, Angulo should be mentioned.

No way ESPN replaces Rafel; his TV-friendly face is the reason he's so popular Razz

That was Frank's suggestion. I said 140 lb Cotto and currently Maidana has shown stalker like skills. Speaking of heavyweights how bout the guy in my signature. He's stalking in the gif.

Had I done the all-time guys rather than just in my lifetime? Marciano might be number 1. The EXACT archetype in terms of style, excellence and limitations. I'm on one of my Marciano upswings. The more I watch now the more magic I see there.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:25 pm

shakefree wrote:
great read & thought provoking as usual marble.from a biased,maybe.viewpoint i think kostya was that type of fighter.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!! He fits all the criteria and should have been on that list. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:28 pm

[quote="Tobe06"]
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Tobe06 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:

Agreed - but he does have all the sytle elements you note.

Glen Johnson is a good call here as well.

He's a little like Hagler and Chavez. As he aged and got heavier this is what he became.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:29 pm

HOW THE HELL DID I NOT INCLUDE FELIX TRINIDAD????????????
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:31 pm

Damn, Tito no question
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:25 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Damn, Tito no question

Damned age is catching up to me. I think I have Sometimerz disease.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Henry Armstrong?
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 4:52 pm

Juan Diaz on his way up had similar style to this, once he ran into Grandpa Nate, that was the end of it lol

If he only had some kind of pop
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:12 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
Henry Armstrong?

Nah, waaaay too frenetic a style in my view. He's a straight brawler.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:57 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Juan Diaz on his way up had similar style to this, once he ran into Grandpa Nate, that was the end of it lol

If he only had some kind of pop

Yeah but he's more of an Armstrong, Hatton type frenetic brawler than a measured pace stalker.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Great work Marble. Smile
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 11:18 pm

Ring wrote:
Great work Marble. Smile

Post it on badlefthook.com now, anyone agree?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 12:45 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:

First thing I thought. Sad Still a great thread.

And I will take credit for "creeping death". **pats self on back**

Last edited by KrazyHorseBennett on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 1:02 am

There's only one Ricky Hatton.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 6:07 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

First thing I thought. Sad Still a great thread.

And I Mwill take credit for "creeping death". **pats self on back**

I'll remember next time!
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 5:51 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Ring wrote:
Great work Marble. Smile

Post it on badlefthook.com now, anyone agree?

I'm glad Marble chooses to post his pearls of wisdom here on the Ninja's Place Boxing forum. Why would I agree that he needs to post elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:09 pm

Diaz is a pure volume puncher, not really a stalker.

Maybe you can do an article some time on volume punchers. It seems to me that guys who rely on a pressure volume punching style like Diaz should have short careers after burning out.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:16 pm

Good point. I also learned my lesson trying to compliment people here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 9:34 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:

The more important lesson to learn is how to compliment people anywhere.

Wolfgangsta wrote:
"Your nerd energy is wasted in this place."

The internet is too anonymous and doesn't convey tone. Given that you usually post on here and act confrontational your post got taken the wrong way. You are calling Marble a nerd and saying he's wasting his time. It's hard to tell if you're joking or not. Also, you are implying that Marble is wasting his time on us (everyone else who reads and posts here) so it's a backhanded insult to everyone else. Simply put your compliment didn't come across how you intended.

Marble has been writing these types posts for years now (maybe centuries). Most people on here appreciate him and I'm sure plenty came over or creep from ESPN to read his stuff. He seems to be happy doing what he does. Compliments to start off with in the future while you get a feel for everybody are "great post" or "thanks". Even better than that do some research and add something to the post. Or ask a question about it.

Nobody's trying to be an asshole. People are just getting off on the wrong foot. Be patient, keep posting and things will work themselves out.

Does Ricky Hatton get the nod? The only criteria he might miss is fights in a measured way, but I think he consistently makes a fight into his type of fight and dictates/controls the action.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:43 pm

Gumby wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

The more important lesson to learn is how to compliment people anywhere.

Wolfgangsta wrote:
"Your nerd energy is wasted in this place."

The internet is too anonymous and doesn't convey tone. Given that you usually post on here and act confrontational your post got taken the wrong way. You are calling Marble a nerd and saying he's wasting his time. It's hard to tell if you're joking or not. Also, you are implying that Marble is wasting his time on us (everyone else who reads and posts here) so it's a backhanded insult to everyone else. Simply put your compliment didn't come across how you intended.

Marble has been writing these types posts for years now (maybe centuries). Most people on here appreciate him and I'm sure plenty came over or creep from ESPN to read his stuff. He seems to be happy doing what he does. Compliments to start off with in the future while you get a feel for everybody are "great post" or "thanks". Even better than that do some research and add something to the post. Or ask a question about it.

Nobody's trying to be an asshole. People are just getting off on the wrong foot. Be patient, keep posting and things will work themselves out.

Does Ricky Hatton get the nod? The only criteria he might miss is fights in a measured way
, but I think he consistently makes a fight into his type of fight and dictates/controls the action.

My own purely subjective judgement is that Hatton belongs with guys like Armstrong or Pipino Cuevas as brawlers. They come at a more frenetic pace and tend to be less precise in what they are doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A LIFETIME OF STALKERS   A LIFETIME OF STALKERS - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A LIFETIME OF STALKERS
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2