Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime

Go down 
+6
Andrew the Raider King
NoRegret
Birdofthad
acccardinal12
marbleheadmaui
Thomasdrrn09
10 posters

Yes
Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime Vote_lcap15%Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
No
Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime Vote_lcap85%Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime Vote_rcap
 85% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime Empty
PostSubject: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:46 pm

Just curious what you guys think
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:49 pm

Hell NO. I have jackass people every day make a comment on how Obama shouldnt be allowed to be president because he is a Muslim and the guy is a Christian. So I say FUCK NO. The jackass people in this country will not allow it.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Doubtful. Not when 80% or so are believers of one sort or another.

Of course I also doubted I'd see a black Prez this fast, so...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:26 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

If Bush was not such a fucking idiot and one of the worst presidents of all time we wouldnt have IMO.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:29 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

If Bush was not such a fucking idiot and one of the worst presidents of all time we wouldnt have IMO.

Are you capable of regular discourse or do you need to do the equivalent of scream and rant all the time? Makes it sort of not worth the time.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:30 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:

Barak is black? Have you seen his mother?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:32 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

BTW, did you just claim Obama is Bush's fault? THAT'S great!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:42 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Are you capable of regular discourse or do you need to do the equivalent of scream and rant all the time? Makes it sort of not worth the time.
What? If I was trying to convey yelling or ranting I would have used caps. I was just making a point not a rant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:10 pm

Hasn't every president been protestant except the 2 that got assassinated?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:17 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Hasn't every president been protestant except the 2 that got assassinated?

Nah Garfield was protestant

oh you mean those other 2

haha yep
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:18 pm

as for the question

no friekin way

americans would be going bat shit nutty if a athiest was even in consideration and it would be the biggest whipe out land slide victory of all time
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:38 pm

Not gonna happen. 'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 11:59 pm

I would say yes. However, there is one and only one reason why we will never see a person who thinks there is nothing greater than us as President. Darwin proved there was a God.

Only self-absorbed persons can not perceive of something greater than themselves and make vain (the most famous of sins might I add) assumptions that this individual(s) doesn't exist. They say a great amount of mass/energy came together, made the "big bang" and created the universe, which is where life formed on it's own and therefore here we are!

And that is fine. No argument from this Christian who believes in both creationism and evolution! Hard to figure huh?

Well let us assume something, I know that makes an ass out of U and me. There are two things I see. One. What is a day to God? A human day? A year? A million years? I don't know. But more importantly where did all that mass and energy or one or the other come from to create us? When you have a plausible answer get back to me.

Until then quit fucking with people's faith and suing townships because they do not kowtow to your personal belief's because it is really annoying and petty. I know what I am saying seems callous, so is fucking with other people's belief's. Not only is it petty, trying to make everybody think the same way YOU think. It is also self-destructive. Faith built all the great civilizations we have ever seen! Without faith, whether it be Yaweh, Allah, Jesus, Budha, etc. Their influences, whether real in anybodies eyes, built us! Civilized human beings and you are living on the platform of their beliefs. And gave you the gift of bitching about it. Why? To make yourself feel better? More important? You are not. In the immortal words of the late George Carlin. In life there are a few winners and a whole lot of losers. Welcome to loserville.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:56 am

americans care too much about religion for anything ilke this to happen
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:02 am

Thank God KOC!

lol!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:08 am

Quote :
Only self-absorbed persons can not perceive of something greater than themselves and make vain (the most famous of sins might I add) assumptions that this individual(s) doesn't exist. They say a great amount of mass/energy came together, made the "big bang" and created the universe, which is where life formed on it's own and therefore here we are!

Jesus H Christ. The Big Bang theory makes no sense the way it's commonly understood by the public. Andrew that isn't exactly what the big bang states. That it all just "came together" and "caused a big bang". When put like that it sounds like someone just made the idea up.

Simple version - At the "beginning"(most big bang theorists believe there was an earlier universe before TBB) of our universe, the four forces that govern us, the strong and weak nuclear forces, gravity and electromagnetism were working in concert, which pulled all matter and energy into a single atom sized space, but this only lasted about a fraction of a second before one of the forces broke free causing all the mass and energy contained to explode outward. This happened 13.7 some odd years ago and is supported by tons of scientific data. The theory was actually originally purposed by a Christian guy. It doesn't make sense to me to see Christians debate the existence of the theory since it proves a scientific beginning of the universe that you could attribute whatever supernatural forces you wanted to.

Long version - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:37 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:

My thoughts exactly, (Even though the Prez is bi racial)
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:48 am

frank are you black?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:48 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
frank are you black?

relevance?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:05 am

Wolf, I do not disagree with anything you are saying...however, it begs to ask? Where did that shit come from? It didn't just show up! And let us assume there is no God. There is mortality and it won't make a fucking difference in the universe (or multi-verse) what one believes in. Death is inevitable.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:18 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
frank are you black?

relevance?

Just curious. He brought up the president being bi-racial. That is a concept that, generally speaking of course, only African Americans even recognize. Whites by in large still operate under a version of the "one drop" theory. If you're half or part black, you're black...to whites.

But to some of the black people I've met, it's not quite so simple.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:22 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Wolf, I do not disagree with anything you are saying...however, it begs to ask? Where did that shit come from? It didn't just show up! And let us assume there is no God. There is mortality and it won't make a fucking difference in the universe (or multi-verse) what one believes in. Death is inevitable.

And? I don't need a god to be ok with the fact that we all die and our existence is trapped within our human bodies exclusively. Most do though. Enter religion.

And to the first point, where did God come from then? It's the same question with the same answer more or less. Why that is used as a counter argument in these discussions is beyond me. As if everything needs a "maker" to exist. I don't think a conscious concept or being had to "create" existence. And to suggest existence's existence alone is proof of something other than existence itself is really silly if you think about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime   Will There be a President who is an open Atheist in our lifetime Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1