Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.

Go down 
+7
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
oggy420
timthebim
captain organic
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. Empty
PostSubject: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:04 pm

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/11/atheist_billboard_near_lincoln.html

The story is pretty funny, the comments after go bizzaro.

I saw the sidebar where the topic count was at 666. I thought that was pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:09 pm

Thats crazy.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:10 pm

i have no problem with it.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:14 pm

Me either I actually thought it was a great place to put it so it is seen also. I said its crazy because of the actual idea of it.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:16 pm

T-Rex epic pwnage lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 8:48 pm

I guess i'm an atheist since i don't believe in a God but throwing "reason" in everybody's face like that is just as annoying to me as bible thumpers throwing the "myth" in everybody's face.

This season, celebrate whatever the fuck you want.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:11 pm

I actually thought it was a pretty good slogan.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 9:30 pm

Take Christ back out of Christmas. Celebrate Yule.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyWed Dec 01, 2010 11:30 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I guess i'm an atheist since i don't believe in a God but throwing "reason" in everybody's face like that is just as annoying to me as bible thumpers throwing the "myth" in everybody's face.

+1. Atheists have become just as annoying as the over-the-top religious these days
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:26 am

We put up one billboard and we're as bad as Christians? How many Billboards they got?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 12:55 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

+1. Atheists have become just as annoying as the over-the-top religious these days

I dont think there are that bad just yet.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:43 am

If Atheist want billboards that's cool with me but they don't have to talk shit about my beliefs on them.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:56 am

Unfortunately, MMAEyes, christians have a long and sordid history of trampling on the beliefs of many many others. It was only a matter of time before some of these groups started firing back.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:14 am

Ludo wrote:
Unfortunately, MMAEyes, christians have a long and sordid history of trampling on the beliefs of many many others. It was only a matter of time before some of these groups started firing back.

Oh I am certainly aware of the wrong certain christians have done, I think that any billboard bashing anybody elses beliefs is wrong to.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:38 am

Oh I agree there, MMAEyes. I was just saying I can see how and why it got this far is all. But at least it makes the holiday season a little more interesting. Imagine a showdown between Christ and the Earth. Or Santa and a Tree.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:46 am

I got my lord and savior by KO vs mother earth. His dad created her so I think he's got what it takes to come out on top. The tree would propably kick Santas ass lol
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:58 am

Just so everyone knows where I stand I believe God loves us all, I don't see him as this asshole waiting for us to do something he doesn't like so he can punish us. I just want everyone to remember that not all christians are bible thumping, telling everyone they are going to hell cause they think they are being left out of all the fun assholes.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 1:44 pm

I still think it's maddening that we're the bad guys here with one billboard about our beliefs, how many "Christ back in Christmas" billboards are there?

Free speech as usual only applies to Christians in this nation.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:07 pm

It seems as if everyone screams freedom of religion and tolerance towards others (The Muslim issue in recent times comes to mind in particular) until the Christians are mentioned. When it comes to Christianity it has become open season in this country...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:20 pm

LTFG wrote:
It seems as if everyone screams freedom of religion and tolerance towards others (The Muslim issue in recent times comes to mind in particular) until the Christians are mentioned. When it comes to Christianity it has become open season in this country...

Justly
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:25 pm

Justly? So we need to show tolerance towards every faith except Christianity?... Why? Why is it not okay to express how you feel about other religions, but it's okay to slam Christianity and Christians whenever we feel compelled?
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 4:03 pm

LTFG how many signs to Christians have talking shit about nonbelievers. The idea that is is open season on Christians when they make up over 80 % of the population is laughable. All Christians do is push their beliefs on others. God forbid anyone else did this. Pun intended.
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Strange... I guess I don't see an issue with a sign and see it as pushing their beliefs? And I don't recall seeing any signs talking shit? And if there is such a thing, I'm pretty sure it's isolated and coming from a questionable Christian group at best. As far as pushing beliefs... Please define.

And I'm still looking for the answer as to why it's okay to suggest that we all have tolerance and don't talk shit about any group other than Christians...

And before you go there, this is a serious question coming from someone who hasn't been near a Church since childhood. It's an observation, and a fair one I think...
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Thomasdrrn09 wrote:
http://gawker.com/5704035/save-the-date-jesus-is-coming-in-may

Again, as moronic as that is and I'm sure the group behind it is... I have no issue with it. Do you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.   Atheist Billboard near lincoln center. Empty

Back to top Go down

Atheist Billboard near lincoln center.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next