Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever

Go down 
+6
CombatSports4Life
SOKO
LTFG
muayjitsu
bobbitt15
LA
10 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever Empty
PostSubject: Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever   Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:32 am

Best Boxing match ever is easy IMO, obviously not in my lifetime, but Ali vs. Frazier III

Best Boxing match in my lifetime, IMO Ward vs. Gatti

Favorite Boxing match all-time, Rocky vs. Apollo, jk, Ali vs. Frazier

This is just what I think, and I'm not as big a boxing fan as some of you guys, so...
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever   Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 2:44 am

Damn this is hard

Best ever: Hagler vs Hearns

Best in my lifetime: Morales-Barrera I

Favorite fight: Corrales-Castillo I

So many classics left out
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever   Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:31 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Damn this is hard

Best ever: Hagler vs Hearns

Best in my lifetime: Morales-Barrera I

Favorite fight: Corrales-Castillo I
So many classics left out

I agree with those two such great classics. Best ever hmmm I would say Ali-Frazier3 also.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever   Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:44 am

Yeah Corrales was my favorite fighter and when he got off the deck twice and stopped him in that round I almost had a heart attack
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever   Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 3:41 pm

My top-10 were in my lifetime -
Ali v. Frazier 1 & 3...
Ali v. Foreman...
Foreman v. Lyle...
Hagler v. Mugabi...
Sugar Ray v. Hagler...
Hagler v. Hearns...
Sugar Ray v. Hearns 1...
Sugar Ray v. Duran...
Hagler v. Duran (Yes, the middle and welters had some of the best fights in history)...

HM - Before my time, but I've seen video... Marciano v. Walcott

If I had to pick a #1 it would be Hagler v. Hearns. It is known as the greatest three rounds in the history of the sport by many. An absolute slug fest for 8 minutes...
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever   Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 4:38 pm

evander and boweII when the guy came flying down in the ring. ali frazier ofcourse. Big fan or george foreman vs anyone.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever   Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 2:31 pm

corrales vs castillo was just epic IMO.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever   Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 9:27 pm

Ten to one anyone who says boxing is dead has seen exactly no fights listed here since Tyson Holyfield, which isn't even close to making this list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever   Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 2:47 am

CombatSports4Life wrote:
corrales vs castillo was just epic IMO.

Yeah man that fight can make anyone a boxing fan. I hate when they put forrest Vs bonner as the number one fight in MMA it was a messy no skilled brawl that misrepresents mma skills. So if it was ever compared to this fight it can't even come close. Boxing will never die.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever   Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:10 pm

corrales vs castillo & hagler vs. hearns

One that I remember watching live that was just insane when it happened was Tyson vs. Douglas...not the best by any means, but as a kid there was a lasting memory of that fight for me.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
El Terrible
White Belt
White Belt
El Terrible

Favorite Fighter(s) : JMM,Raffa,Margo,Mares,Rios

PostSubject: Re: Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever   Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 5:25 am

1.Erik Morales vs MAB 1
2.Castillo vs Corrales 1
3.R.Marquez vs I.Vazquez 3
4.Gatti vs Ward
5.E.Morales vs Pacquiao 1,2
6.Pryor vs Alexis 1
7.JMM vs Pacquiao 1
8.JCC vs Taylor 1
9.Hearns vs Leonard 2
10.Trinidad vs Vargas
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever   Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 8:55 am

The best ever to me was Frazier vs Ali 1-Im a Frazier fan lol. The best in my lifetime is very close with Morrales vs MAB 1 and I loved ODH vs Shane Mosely 1 also the speed in that fight was nuts. My favorite fight was Felix Trinidad vs Fernando Vargas it was a great fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever   Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever Empty

Back to top Go down

Your best Boxing match of all-time, best in your lifetime and favorite match ever
Page 1 of 1