Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'

Go down 
+6
Andrew the Raider King
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
GDPofDRC
Bigs03
icebergsnoopy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
icebergsnoopy
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' Empty
PostSubject: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:07 pm

"I started this camp very early. I stayed in shape from the last fight and the weight hasn't been an issue this time. Every single minute of this camp will be focused on technique; not getting back in shape or shaking the ring rust after a long time off... If Machida decides to fight me, it will be an exciting fight for one round before he goes to sleep. I am expecting him to run from me, though. He'd wear sneakers into the Octagon if he could! But don't worry, I will hunt him down and get him anyway."

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/9/15/1690860/quinton-rampage-jackson-if-lyoto
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Strong words from Page. I hope he does it but I'm thinking Machida owns him.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:44 pm

Page's killer instinct seems to be in decline in his last two fights, could be style problems or lack of interest or preparation though I don't know. I'm not thinking Rampage will be as aggressive on offense as he claims. I gotta feeling he is going to go at the pace Machida creates, which is not a good thing. If he is legit about his conditioning though and is concentrating on a better game plan, it could be a better fight than first thought.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:19 pm

in other words, if Lyoto decides to not fight Lyoto's fight then Page's chances of winning improve. Thanks Page.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Do you guys think Page gets frustrated and overly aggressive?

I'm picking Machida to KTFO Rampage. No decision here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:30 pm

If Page can get him in the clinch or with a TD, he stands a chance. However, Page is Page and he is slowfooted, which isn't going to miricle itself into being fast. Lyota is going to kick his ass.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:31 pm

I know MMA math is fallacy but remember how slow Machida made Evans look, and how slow Evans made Page look?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 8:58 pm

Machida will demolish Rampage, I see it being one sided and embarrassing for Page.

Wolf's Lair has garbage sparring.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:21 pm

I actually have a feeling that Rampage is going to be really sharp in this fight. I think I'm going to end up going against the grain with my pick
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:24 pm

Hate this fight, like both fighters, they should be fighting other guys, this kills one of the two and they are two of the top 5 contenders.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:32 pm

This is the UFC's way of getting rid of Rampage. There is no way they would have made this fight otherwise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:33 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Hate this fight, like both fighters, they should be fighting other guys, this kills one of the two and they are two of the top 5 contenders.

I agree. It was stupid to get these 2 to fight now. It achieves nothing. If Machida wins he's not getting the next shot after Evans and if Rampage loses it will hurt his drawing power.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
This is the UFC's way of getting rid of Rampage. There is no way they would have made this fight otherwise.

You're probably right Wolf but what if he pulls of the upset and wins? Machid's career would be in big trouble.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:40 pm

Getting rid of Page would be dumb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:49 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Getting rid of Page would be dumb

+1

As much as I dislike Rampage I can't deny he's a powerful marketing tool, his whole ghetto attitude and fighting style has made him very popular.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 12:44 am

That's why I always hated this fight.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:06 pm

I maybe be stupid but I think Im starting to fall for rampages shit and i believe he beats machida.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:02 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

You're probably right Wolf but what if he pulls of the upset and wins? Machid's career would be in big trouble.

Machida at MW?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'   Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round' Empty

Back to top Go down

Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson: 'If Lyoto Machida decides to fight me, he's going to sleep in the first round'
Page 1 of 1