Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quinton Jackson to ONE FC? Rampage and CEO Allude to Fight Next Month

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Quinton Jackson to ONE FC? Rampage and CEO Allude to Fight Next Month Empty
PostSubject: Quinton Jackson to ONE FC? Rampage and CEO Allude to Fight Next Month   Quinton Jackson to ONE FC? Rampage and CEO Allude to Fight Next Month EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 6:38 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/6/4/4393976/quinton-rampage-jackson-to-one-fc-victor-cui-asian-mma

Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson posted that there was "big news" coming, however it looks like ONE FC's head Victor Cui stole his thunder by blabbing the news for him - Rampage will be joining Asia's biggest promotion.

Let's get the meat on the plate first:

Looking fwd to seeing u next month! MT "@rampage4real:It's gonna feel good putting this chain back on...Big news coming real soon."
— Victor Cui (@victoronefc) June 4, 2013

It's been a while since the MMA world has heard from Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson. The polarizing former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) light heavyweight champion hasn't been making too many waves since his last UFC fight back at UFC on Fox: Johnson vs. Dodson to Glover Teixeira (read all about it here and here).

However, he broke radio silence late Monday night with the above tweet. Said message was then promptly picked up by the CEO of ONE FC, Victor Cui, who intimated that Rampage would be joining Asia's largest Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) organization next month.

This bit of news must surely come as a pleasant surprise to Jackson fans, as there was talk about him signing with Bellator and World Series of Fighting (WSOF), however that last organization put the kibosh on that pretty early. With this move, Jackson easily becomes the highest profile fighter the company has to offer to western MMA fans.

Jackson will be looking to rebound after a disappointing 0-3 stretch and a rare public feud with his boss, UFC president Dana White. Rampage has been quoted as saying "When I leave... I'll probably forget that I fought in the UFC.", "You either lyin' to me or you lyin' to the press about the pay-per-view numbers." and "they knew I was injured before the Bader fight." among other complaints in regards to his time with the Las Vegas based promotion.

White chimed back in a fairly reserved manner (for him), stating that Quinton Jackson made $15.2 million in career earnings in the UFC during the leadup to his fight with Teixeira and that Rampage "needs to go somewhere where the people make him happy."

Presumably, he will be very happy back in the continent that made him an MMA star.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Quinton Jackson to ONE FC? Rampage and CEO Allude to Fight Next Month Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinton Jackson to ONE FC? Rampage and CEO Allude to Fight Next Month   Quinton Jackson to ONE FC? Rampage and CEO Allude to Fight Next Month EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 9:07 am

That would be sweet. I still maintain an interest in Rampage vs CC in Japan. Why the fuck not? What about Rampage vs Melvin Manhoef? He fights at LHW sometimes.
Back to top Go down

Quinton Jackson to ONE FC? Rampage and CEO Allude to Fight Next Month
Page 1 of 1