Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover

Go down 
+3
acccardinal12
OU
GDPofDRC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover Empty
PostSubject: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:32 pm

http://www.mmaweekly.com/quinton-rampage-jackson-says-joe-silvas-matchmaking-is-why-hes-leaving-the-ufc?vbox=1

It’s no secret that Quinton “Rampage” Jackson plans on testing free agency after he fulfills the final fight on his current UFC contract.
Jackson has been quite loud when speaking his displeasure with the
organization in several different areas, but according to his latest
interview, matchmaker Joe Silva is one of the biggest reasons why he’s
looking for greener pastures.

Following an injury that kept him out of his last scheduled fight at UFC 153, Jackson expressed interest in fighting either Glover Teixeira or old foe Forrest Griffin.

Jackson lost the UFC light heavyweight title to Griffin at UFC 86 in
2008, and “Rampage” has wanted a rematch ever since. When Griffin lost
his original opponent at UFC 155 later this year, Jackson immediately
voiced his opinion to get the fight.

UFC matchmaker Joe Silva opted to place former NCAA champion Phil Davis in the slot instead, and Jackson was none too happy with the decision.

“This is why I’m leaving the UFC, I don’t understand what Joe Silva’s
doing. Joe Silva have a complex, something’s wrong with him. The guy
can’t match shoes, what kind of matchmaker is this guy? What is he
thinking? Give me Forrest,” Jackson told Inside MMA.

“Everybody wants that, that would sell, everybody wants to see me and Forrest fight again.”

Jackson criticized the matchmaking of the fight between Griffin and
Davis, and he believes the bout will be nothing short of a snoozer.
“That’s going to be a boring fight, no disrespect to anybody, but
that’s going to be a boring fight. I’m sorry,” Jackson stated.

Jackson admits he would love the chance to avenge the loss to
Griffin, but he’s not so sure the former light heavyweight champion
would actually face him even if Silva did offer the fight.

“Everybody wants to see it but Forrest, because Forrest knows I beat
him the first time. He knows it, everybody knows it,” said Jackson.

As of now, Jackson remains on the sidelines awaiting word from the
UFC on when or who he will fight next. Unless something changes,
Jackson will compete in that fight, and then enter free agency where he
plans to test the waters outside the UFC.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 12:46 pm

He did beat Forrest and Joe Silva does suck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Although I do agree that Joe Silva's matchmaking hasn't been great recently but Page did ask for Glover on twitter.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:13 pm

Ali wrote:
Although I do agree that Joe Silva's matchmaking hasn't been great recently but Page did ask for Glover on twitter.
You mean after Glover called him out in the cage post fight?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:16 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
You mean after Glover called him out in the cage post fight?

Even so Page did tweet Dana asking for the fight so he really can't complain that much.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 1:35 pm

Rampage just needs to retire. I'm getting tired of him and his big mouth. He is the biggest diva in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Yep, he's turned into a total bitch. Shut the fuck up and leave the UFC already, no one cares. Your fights have sucked ass for years now. Doesn't even have the balls to fight Glover, wants an unmotivated Forrest and then an exit. What a pussy
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 2:39 pm

I could get why Page wants to get back in there with Forrest amybe more than fighting Glover.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Start winning fights and preforming then you can call your shots.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:50 pm

He's calling for Forrest Griffin, it's not like he is asking for much. I'd rather see him fight Glover, but think a fight with Forrest would be more competitive.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:21 pm

Forrest is 3-1 in his last 4. He's way above Page in the rankings. Possibly on the verge of a title shot with a win over Davis and one more.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:26 pm

lol, I needed that.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Obvious troll is obvious.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:38 pm

Who's more deserving for the title shot? Forrest or Sonne?

I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 7:48 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

I rest my case.

There must be some mistake.

The first website rankings I checked did not have Forrest ranked ahead of Rampage. The second website rankings I checked did not have Forrest ranked ahead of Rampage. The third website rankings I checked did not have Forrest ranked ahead of Rampage. The fourth website rankings I checked did not have Forrest ranked ahead of Rampage. The fifth website rankings I checked did not have Forrest ranked ahead of Rampage. The sixth website rankings I checked did not have Forrest ranked ahead of Rampage.

How could this be?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 8:15 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

I rest my case.

There must be some mistake.

The first website rankings I checked did not have Forrest ranked ahead of Rampage. The second website rankings I checked did not have Forrest ranked ahead of Rampage. The third website rankings I checked did not have Forrest ranked ahead of Rampage. The fourth website rankings I checked did not have Forrest ranked ahead of Rampage. The fifth website rankings I checked did not have Forrest ranked ahead of Rampage. The sixth website rankings I checked did not have Forrest ranked ahead of Rampage.

How could this be?

Simple, they are wrong.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Rampage's win over Machida keeps him ahead of Forrest right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:09 am

Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:53 am

You must of missed that video last week Ali. By the way the Mayhem one was pretty good but annoying because Mayhem just wouldn't spit anything out and going off topic when he is explaining something which he knows what he is doing and he is a very frustrating interview. If he is never going back to the UFC he might as well spill the beans about them but for some reason he is scared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover    Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover Empty

Back to top Go down

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Says Joe Silva’s Matchmaking Is Why He’s Leaving the UFC - Wants a fight with Forrest more than Glover
Page 1 of 1