Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division

Go down 
+7
GDPofDRC
captain organic
Wolfgangsta
OU
killerofchicken
Birdofthad
LA
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

UFC HW Division
UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 Vote_lcap85%UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 85% [ 11 ]
Strikeforce HW Division
UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 1:50 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Thats cause you're crazy, Cain has wrestled larger guys his entire career, he was also a HW D-1 wrestler(Arizona State). Brock is quick but Cain is quicker. Randy held his own just fine wrestling with Brock until he got clipped in the back of the head and lost his senses he was doing great. Cain is bigger and stronger then Randy he should hold his own fine when it comes to wrestling. Cain has better boxing and a speed advantage.
I smell another Sig bet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:00 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Is this going to be a problem for MMA? What I mean is that is it going to end up like boxing were you cant get the best guys to fight each other because of who promotes them? BTW I say the UFC because of Brock.

Why do you pick the UFC just because of the 4th best HW in MMA? ha ha... I don't want to get into that though.
LOL Do you really think he is the 4th best? Who do you have above him? Just a question I am not one of those Brocktards.

Right now I'd pick Fedor, Reem and Cain to beat him. I think the Brock train comes back to reality soon. Not saying he isn't good but he isn't as good as most people seem to think he is...IMO UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 726609
Cain? Really? I see how people can say Fedor and I am still not sure about Reem either but I also have not seen him fight a lot. Man I see this being a problem in the future for MMA just like it is right now in boxing.

Cain has more MMA fights, more wins in the UFC, never been beaten, beating Nog is arguably as impressive as anything Brock has done. He is younger, closer to his wrestling prime and seems to have great cardio.

Cain beating Big Nog in 2010 is not more impressive than Brock beating Carwin, Mir and a number 2 ranked Randy Couture.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:27 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Is this going to be a problem for MMA? What I mean is that is it going to end up like boxing were you cant get the best guys to fight each other because of who promotes them? BTW I say the UFC because of Brock.

It already is a problem, and has been a problem since Pride. And don't leave Bellator out of the mix, guys like Warrern, Alvarez, and Askren will have major claims to the top spot in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Brock has only manhandled fighters with awful wrestling. Cain is a way better wrestler. Sure, maybe a college age Brock could have beaten Cain, but that was so long ago Cain has to get the on paper wrestling advantage.

On paper, and I mean really on paper, if you know how to read what the paper says, Brock is an underdog against Cain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

That's never been a "problem" for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:35 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
With SF adding another talented HW to the mix I thought this would be a good poll. Don't look at it really from a resume perspective, simply talent level.

UFC:

Brock
Cain
Dos Santos
Carwin
Nelson
Nog
Mir
Cro cop
Rothwell
Barry
Kongo
Gonzo
Struve

SF:

Fedor
Reem
Werdum
Barnett
Big Foot
AA
Cormier
Del Rosario
Rogers

You're forgetting Lashley, Brandon Cash, Lolohea Mahe, but especially Lavar Johnson who headlines events.

Kharitonov as well.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:36 pm

UFC has Mark Hunt. Disband this website now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:07 pm

captain organic wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:

It already is a problem, and has been a problem since Pride. And don't leave Bellator out of the mix, guys like Warrern, Alvarez, and Askren will have major claims to the top spot in the near future.
Combat sports in general are going to be in trouble if they dont get their crap together and fast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:08 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Brock has only manhandled fighters with awful wrestling. Cain is a way better wrestler. Sure, maybe a college age Brock could have beaten Cain, but that was so long ago Cain has to get the on paper wrestling advantage.

On paper, and I mean really on paper, if you know how to read what the paper says, Brock is an underdog against Cain.
Carwin had awful wrestling? My point is once Brock takes Cain down its over. This is going to be a really fun fight isnt it?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:16 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Carwin had awful wrestling? My point is once Brock takes Cain down its over. This is going to be a really fun fight isnt it?

When you say over, do mean like the 19 seconds total Brock was able to keep Randy down after managing to take him down twice?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:18 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

When you say over, do mean like the 19 seconds total Brock was able to keep Randy down after managing to take him down twice?
I mean Brock will not let him up and he will pound him out or sub him. Now dont get me wrong he would have to take him down early in the round to be able to do that. But I just see brock manhandling Cain. I could be wrong you guys know more than I do.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:27 pm

But why do you think Brock can keep him down when he couldn't keep Randy down for longer than a few seconds both times. Why do think that Lesnar will be able to get GNP good enough to finish Cain when he has never GNP'd any wrestler who had even a little skill? I don't get that.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:31 pm

I will simplify this down to the fighters worth a shit in bold:

UFC:

Brock
Cain
Dos Santos
Carwin
Nelson
Nog
Mir
Cro cop

Rothwell - He is like Mr. Hang around guy
Barry - Eventually he might be worth making bold
Kongo - No fucking way
Gonzo - He has the tools, but great inconsistency
Struve - I like him, I really do, he just doesn't have the weight

SF:

Fedor
Reem
Werdum

Barnett - He looked real good beating up a nobody in Australia, plus he has failed three test
Big Foot - I have never been greatly impressed by him
AA - Big name, no chin
Cormier - I like him, but he still has a way to go
Del Rosario
Rogers - He has already been outed
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:33 pm

bwahahha holy shit GDP the guy got his mask knocked off his face hahaha
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:33 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
But why do you think Brock can keep him down when he couldn't keep Randy down for longer than a few seconds both times. Why do think that Lesnar will be able to get GNP good enough to finish Cain when he has never GNP'd any wrestler who had even a little skill? I don't get that.

GDP, first off I love the Sig. But you are comparing Cain's wrestling ability and experience to Randy's? Really? Whatever your are toking, start sharing.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:36 pm

I take Cain's over Randy's today or any time since 2008. Easy. MMA or a wrestling match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:38 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
For two reasons IMO.
1. Cain is no Randy
2. Brock has improved
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:39 pm

I'm going Mr. Stat Guy and judging according to my sheet...

Top-5:
UFC-3 (Lesnar, Cain, JDS)
SF-2 (Werdum, Fedor)

Edge - UFC

Top-10:
UFC-3 (Carwin, Nog, Mir)
SF-2 (Reem, Barnett)

Edge - UFC

Top-25:
UFC-6 (CroCop, Gonzaga, Kongo, Nelson, Rothwell, Russow)
SF-3 (Rogers, Bigfoot, AA)

Edge - UFC

Depth and up and coming talent:

UFC (Barry, Struve, Yvel, Beltran, Schaub, Tuchscherer)
SF (Cormier, del Rosario)

Edge - UFC

A UFC sweep means I must vote that way... But damn it's getting closer.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:40 pm

Cain is no Randy for sure. He is a faster, stronger, in better shape, less worn version of Randy with better striking.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:41 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
For two reasons IMO.
1. Cain is no Randy
2. Brock has improved

You really think that since Brock subbed a gassed out Carwin that he can sub Cain? Not gonna happen, don't let that weak ass arm triangle fool you, Cain won't go out like that. You think too highly of Brock, he won't be able to hold down Cain even if he does somehow manage to get him down. This thing goes into the later rounds and Brock is in a world of trouble.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:43 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
For two reasons IMO.
1. Cain is no Randy
2. Brock has improved

You really think that since Brock subbed a gassed out Carwin that he can sub Cain? Not gonna happen, don't let that weak ass arm triangle fool you, Cain won't go out like that. You think too highly of Brock, he won't be able to hold down Cain even if he does somehow manage to get him down. This thing goes into the later rounds and Brock is in a world of trouble.
sniff sniff I smell a bet coming on.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:46 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
For two reasons IMO.
1. Cain is no Randy
2. Brock has improved

I see an eye opening experience for you coming up. You are going to learn a lesson the hard way like all those FSU fans did this weekend ha ha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:49 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
For two reasons IMO.
1. Cain is no Randy
2. Brock has improved

I see an eye opening experience for you coming up. You are going to learn a lesson the hard way like all those FSU fans did this weekend ha ha.
I just remember all those people talking crap to me before he fought Randy, Then it was Mir, Then it was Carwin, Now its Cain. I guess maybe some day you guys will be right but I dont think it will be Cain.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:50 pm

All I know is I can't wait to hear what the excuses will be if Brock wins again. I hope Mazzagoti is the ref, just so there will be some weight behind your anti-Brock stances. I mean I think the guy is an asshole for what he did at UFC 100, but Sooners and Wolf hated the guy before he even stepped into the Octogon.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Andrew, why would you want Mazzy as the ref? Borck wouldn't still be wearing the belt if Mazzy was reffing the Carwin fight...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division   UFC HW Division vs. Strikeforce HW Division - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next