Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division

Go down 
+6
KingsOwn19
Subzero1983
GolbeZ
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
bobbitt15
10 posters
AuthorMessage

UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division Empty
PostSubject: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:03 pm

If the top 5 heavyweights in each company went head to head who'd win? I've ranked the top 5 with the champions automatically getting the 1 spot and the person getting the next title shot at 2, so who do you think would win these fights? For the sake of this argument just go with my rankings.

1. Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem
2. Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdurm
3. Shane Carwin vs Fedor Emelianenko
4. JDS vs Antonio Silva
5. Frank Mir vs Andre Arlovski
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:04 pm

1,2,4 - UFC
3,5 - SF
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:05 pm

4. JDS vs Antonio Silva

UFC wins 4-1.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:11 pm

4. JDS vs Antonio Silva
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:13 pm

I got it 4-1 UFC but it could easily be 5-0 for either side. Those are very good matchups.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:14 pm

timthebim wrote:

4. JDS vs Antonio Silva

Great minds think alike. Lately you and I have been picking basically the same in everything.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:16 pm

Nothing wrong with that I suppose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:18 pm

timthebim wrote:

Either we think alike or you're just copying me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:19 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
timthebim wrote:

LOL I almost went AA over Mir how close were u to doing the same???
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:20 pm

1. Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem Ubereem would knock him out in the first round.
2. Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdurm Werdum would submit him in the third round, but Cain could win this just as easily. Werdum has more championship experience. I pick him because I think Cain would still be too green on the ground. The knock on Cain's game is his submission skills. If Cain wins he wins by sprawl and brawl, but people underrate Werdum's standup due to the Dos Santos loss.
3. Shane Carwin vs Fedor Emelianenko Fedor by KO round 1. Carwin will chase Fedor into counters and wake up with a flashlight in his eyes.
4. JDS vs Antonio Silva. JDS via murder. Silva may be a good boxer but he's no JDS and I really doubt he'd get him or hold him down.
5. Frank Mir vs Andre Arlovski AA isn't a top five SF HW by a long shot though anymore. Neither fighter has a durable chin for this weight class and I still trust AA's ability to put fist to face more effectively. Mir wouldn't get AA down.

Nelson vs Sergei

Duffee vs Lavar Johnson

Del Rosario vs Brendan Shaub

Cormier
vs Madsen

Lashley vs Mitrione

Brandon Cash
vs Travis Browne
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:22 pm

timthebim wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
timthebim wrote:

LOL I almost went AA over Mir how close were u to doing the same???

Very, I'm a big Arlovski fan but his showing against Bigfoot really let me down.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:24 pm

Even with that loss and Mir's flattening of Kongo I still think AA would pick Mir apart.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Even with that loss and Mir's flattening of Kongo I still think AA would pick Mir apart.

Fight is almost 2 close to call.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 4:26 pm

AA is a confidence fighter. When he is up he can beat anybody but when he is down he is awful.
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:10 pm

3. Shane Carwin vs Fedor Emelianenko -- The first round could be very interesting
4. JDS vs Antonio Silva -- by far the easiest pick of the bunch
5. Frank Mir vs Andre Arlovski -- I would like to see this fight, well I'd like to see all of them
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:18 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
3. Shane Carwin vs Fedor Emelianenko -- The first round could be very interesting
4. JDS vs Antonio Silva -- by far the easiest pick of the bunch
5. Frank Mir vs Andre Arlovski -- I would like to see this fight, well I'd like to see all of them

Ur right about the 1st round of the Carwin vs Fedor fight being very interesting. I could definitely see Fedor going to sleep against Shane.
Back to top Go down
Subzero1983
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:14 am

Overeem
Werdum
Fedor
JDS
AA
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 4:54 am

Mir-AA sounds interesting.

I hope we see it after Mirko CroCops Frank out of the UFC Very Happy

I'll go 3-2 UFC

I'll take Fedor and AA in their bouts..Brock, Cain and JDS in the others. However, Each fight is interesting because each fighter hold strengths that can exploit weaknesses on both sides..i think the biggest gap of all those fights is probably JDS-Bigfoot however, i would not write off Bigfoot in that fight as he's as good, if not better than anybody JDS has fought with the exception of Werdum IMO.

Suprisingly good post. When i clicked on it, i was expecting crap because the subject usually starts up a silly debate but these are pretty good matchups when you actually align the names.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:34 am

1. Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem - Because he has actually fought stiffer competition and I don't think Alistair hits as hard as Carwin. TKO in the 2nd.
2. Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdurm - Because Cain is smarter enough to keep the fight standing and whack Werdum
3. Shane Carwin vs Fedor Emelianenko - Lucky KO in the 2nd rd
4. JDS vs Antonio Silva - By ass rape in the 1st rd
5. Frank Mir vs Andre Arlovski - This isn't the same AA from 3-5 years ago and Mir has actually gotten better. AA is a slightly more technical fighter, but Mir can actually take a punch still.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:40 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
1. Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem - Because he has actually fought stiffer competition and I don't think Alistair hits as hard as Carwin. TKO in the 2nd.
2. Cain Velasquez vs Fabricio Werdurm - Because Cain is smarter enough to keep the fight standing and whack Werdum
5. Frank Mir vs Andre Arlovski - This isn't the same AA from 3-5 years ago and Mir has actually gotten better. AA is a slightly more technical fighter, but Mir can actually take a punch still.

How can you say Fedor wins by luck. He's the GOAT.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 11:55 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Andrew the Raider King wrote:

How can you say Fedor wins by luck. He's the GOAT.

Not in my book. I think 4-5 years ago he was the best, but now? No way.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:03 pm

1. Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem -
4. JDS vs Antonio Silva

UFC 3 - Strikeforce 2
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Bump for new topic.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:28 pm

Reem
Cain
Fedor
JDS
AA
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 2:30 pm

Why is AA amongst the top 5 SF fighters?

If I'm picking 5 guys to represent SF I'm putting Cormier in the mix.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division   UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC vs Strikeforce- The Heavyweight Division
Page 1 of 1