Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paul Daley on Dana White

Go down 
+10
Wolfgangsta
LA
Bigs03
Andrew the Raider King
Ludo
bobbitt15
captain organic
KingsOwn19
OU
Birdofthad
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Paul Daley on Dana White Empty
PostSubject: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:10 pm

"To this day I've still never heard nothing from Dana. With all the talk Dana gives and the attitude of being a big man that he is, he could have at least came to my face and said 'Paul, I don't respect what you did, I think you're an (expletive) or a jerk or whatever, you're not going to fight here again.'

"But still to this day, I've had no phone call, no e-mail, no nothing, so that just goes to show the treatment I received having fought (Martin) Kampmann at late notice, and fought co-main event on my second fight in the UFC, and done a bunch of media work for them in the U.K. There's some things I don't agree with, but I'm happy to move on."

"The UFC is the UFC. It's like a secret society type club, there's a lot of favoritism going on and all kinds of (expletive)."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:15 pm

Semtex speaks the truth.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Semtex speaks the truth.

He got what he deserved.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 5:24 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Semtex speaks the truth.

He got what he deserved.

I disagree, a suspension and fine would've been more suitable.

It's not like he created a mass brawl live on national tv.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:43 pm

I thought Dana personally went up to Paul Daley and told him he didnt like what he did and fired him.

So, we atleast know that one of these guys is a fuckin liar. I wonder who...
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 6:44 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Semtex speaks the truth.

He got what he deserved.
'

I agree that he should have gotten the boot. However, the main theme from Daley of Dana being a jack off appears to be based in fact.

I really don't understand the spell that Dana holds over so many MMA fans, but I have to believe that sooner or later his presence will begin to hurt the UFC.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:14 pm

You don't need a call or email Paul. You acting like a fucking douche and now you don't have a job
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:17 pm

To be honest the proof is in the pudding. If you watch after he hit Koscheck Dana did go up to him and say something to him, and then Daley just shrugged at him. I can't say I blame him for not wanting to talk to him again. Two weeks after the Brawl on CBS and you suckerpunch a dude after the fight and then shrug at your boss right after that? Thats like skipping out two hours early and shrugging at your boss when he asks you what you were thinking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:23 pm

LudoCain wrote:
To be honest the proof is in the pudding. If you watch after he hit Koscheck Dana did go up to him and say something to him, and then Daley just shrugged at him. I can't say I blame him for not wanting to talk to him again. Two weeks after the Brawl on CBS and you suckerpunch a dude after the fight and then shrug at your boss right after that? Thats like skipping out two hours early and shrugging at your boss when he asks you what you were thinking.

Dana going up to Paul right after the incident is a bit pointless, you're never going to get a responsible rational answer when someone is in the heat of the moment.

What Paul is talking about is Dana didn't even have the common courtesy to speak to Paul later and say " The was out of line I am not going to allow fighters like that in my company." Instead he ignored Paul and left it to Joe Silva to do his dirty work for him, just like he left it to Silva to cut Keith Jardine.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:43 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
LudoCain wrote:

Dana going up to Paul right after the incident is a bit pointless, you're never going to get a responsible rational answer when someone is in the heat of the moment.

What Paul is talking about is Dana didn't even have the common courtesy to speak to Paul later and say " The was out of line I am not going to allow fighters like that in my company." Instead he ignored Paul and left it to Joe Silva to do his dirty work for him, just like he left it to Silva to cut Keith Jardine.

On the other hand should Dana have done it? Just because he's the president doesn't mean he is obligated to approach employee's for termination. Think of it like a corporation(which the UFC kind of is at this point). Will the Company CEO personally fire people lower on the ladder? Thats better delegated to suboordinates in the corporate structure on a more localized level. If a store employee of a corporation is terminated it's usually the store manager/disctrict manager doing it. And so on and so forth up the ladder.

However, with that said I see where Paul is coming from. This isn't a traditional company and Dana has always been very "one on one" with his fighters. I can see why Dana wouldn't want to speak to Paul after the whole incident, but I can also see why he probably should have if that makes any sense. Jardine's case was much different to Daley's. Jardine is actually expected to come back after a win or two, in all fairness he did lose four in a row. The only kinds of fighters who can maintain a place in the UFC with streaks like that are the Liddells, Franklins, Ortiz's, Griffin's, and Bonnar's.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:47 pm

fuck common courtesy he should have been cut on the spot. It was a total bitch move, you can't pull that kind of shit.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:48 pm

I agree. Not seeing why Dana should have had any obligation to contact him at all.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:53 pm

whats your views on the Diaz vs Riggs hospital brawl??????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 8:53 pm

LudoCain wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
LudoCain wrote:

On the other hand should Dana have done it? Just because he's the president doesn't mean he is obligated to approach employee's for termination. Think of it like a corporation(which the UFC kind of is at this point). Will the Company CEO personally fire people lower on the ladder? Thats better delegated to suboordinates in the corporate structure on a more localized level. If a store employee of a corporation is terminated it's usually the store manager/disctrict manager doing it. And so on and so forth up the ladder.

However, with that said I see where Paul is coming from. This isn't a traditional company and Dana has always been very "one on one" with his fighters. I can see why Dana wouldn't want to speak to Paul after the whole incident, but I can also see why he probably should have if that makes any sense. Jardine's case was much different to Daley's. Jardine is actually expected to come back after a win or two, in all fairness he did lose four in a row. The only kinds of fighters who can maintain a place in the UFC with streaks like that are the Liddells, Franklins, Ortiz's, Griffin's, and Bonnar's.

You make a fair and valid point Ludo. It's nice to have rational sensible people to debate on here with, instead of posts filled with useless profanities.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 11:43 pm

LudoCain wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:13 am

ha ha fuck you Ali, I don't have to have sympathy for a piece of shit sorry mother fucker like that bitch ass faggot Daley. Fuck him. Fair enough?
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 12:49 am

All Daley is to Dana is a disgruntled, ex-employee. Dana has absolutely no reason or obligation to give Daley any further explanation. Daley knows exactly why he was terminated and why he'll never fight in the UFC again, there's nothing to even clarify here. If I sucker punched a co-worker I guarantee you my boss would have nothing to say to me. An HR rep would call me into their office and tell me I'm terminated, period, end of story...why does Paul Daley deserve any different?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:23 am

Why would you hold any weight out of anything Daley says? We're talking about a guy that pulled one of the most bs moves in MMA history, gets cut, then trying to prove himself in other Organizations, misses weight at Shark fights. Only a wanker would defend this guy, which ironically enough happened in this thread. What does Dana owe to him? hell my love for Dana would have grown if he said "Dude that was complete bullshit, you'll never fight in the fucking UFC again" right after the fight ended, center cage. Although he did basically say that in the post-event interviews from what I remember. Daley didn't deserve a face to face meeting with Dana.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:58 am

LOL LA pulling no punches already.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 10:58 am

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Semtex speaks the truth.

He got what he deserved.

I agree after what he did why the fuck does he need a call from dana. Your fucking fired buddy hit the road and fuck off. Its like stealing on the job and the on duty manager fired your ass do you expect to get a call from the owner?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:44 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
ha ha fuck you Ali, I don't have to have sympathy for a piece of shit sorry mother fucker like that bitch ass faggot Daley. Fuck him. Fair enough?

Real classy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:58 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Why would you hold any weight out of anything Daley says? We're talking about a guy that pulled one of the most bs moves in MMA history, gets cut, then trying to prove himself in other Organizations, misses weight at Shark fights. Only a wanker would defend this guy, which ironically enough happened in this thread. What does Dana owe to him? hell my love for Dana would have grown if he said "Dude that was complete bullshit, you'll never fight in the fucking UFC again" right after the fight ended, center cage. Although he did basically say that in the post-event interviews from what I remember. Daley didn't deserve a face to face meeting with Dana.

I love you too.
Back to top Go down
Aiolos
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
Aiolos

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:07 am

GSP was going to just dominate him anyways

the real fight is shield vs gsp cant wait for that one
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:04 am

Aiolos wrote:
GSP was going to just dominate him anyways

the real fight is shield vs gsp cant wait for that one

At least Daley would have a punchers chance against GSP. GSP is a horrible matchup for Jake and well...pretty much everyone else.

After what Sonnen did to Silva I'm even more confident that GSP can win that fight, too.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White EmptyMon Sep 13, 2010 9:19 am

Daley is full of shit. Acting like Dana was a bitch for not saying something to his face when anyone who saw the fights saw Dana get in his face right after he did what he did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Daley on Dana White   Paul Daley on Dana White Empty

Back to top Go down

Paul Daley on Dana White
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next