Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So, what's next for Paul Daley?

Go down 
+7
timthebim
LA
bobbitt15
Farmer1906
discovery99
TheOutlawWFC
KingsOwn19
11 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

So, what's next for Paul Daley? Empty
PostSubject: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:06 am

Mike Swick or Josh Koscheck?

or....

RUSH? Question
Back to top Go down
TheOutlawWFC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Tito Ortiz, Rampage Jackson, BJ Penn, Cheick Kongo

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:16 am

Got to be Kos
Back to top Go down
discovery99
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
discovery99

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ Penn

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:19 am

too many rules in MMA these days

they should have had him fight Koscheck tonight Laughing
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:20 am

Kos was calling out Hughes.

I'd like to see Swick get a big fight ASAP
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 1:21 am

Hopefully we don't have to get our time wasted by watching Kos knock out Hughes. I'd love to see Swick-Daley
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 10:15 am

GSP? are u serious?

The fight I'd want to see with him would be AJ, but he's fighting Yoshida, IMO a waste of time fight.

Swick is ahead of him in the pecking order IMO

Kos would be reasonable, I think he wins via GnP though

I think a Condit fight makes sense where the fighter are at

Davis would be a great fight

I def wouldn't give him this fight cause he hasn't earned it, but a fight with Thiago from a pure standup perspective would be pretty sick.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 11:03 am

Davis is the fight ur right LA because him getting to fight GSP is a joke and he wouldnt last a round.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 12:58 pm

The UFC should match him against another super overrated striker like Kampmann was. A ground fighter murders him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 2:10 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
GSP? are u serious?

The fight I'd want to see with him would be AJ, but he's fighting Yoshida, IMO a waste of time fight.

Swick is ahead of him in the pecking order IMO

Kos would be reasonable, I think he wins via GnP though

I think a Condit fight makes sense where the fighter are at

Davis would be a great fight

I def wouldn't give him this fight cause he hasn't earned it, but a fight with Thiago from a pure standup perspective would be pretty sick.

I was not being serious with the caps, emoticon, and the big build up to saying Rush.

However, if you were going to put Kampmann with guys like Swick and Koscheck. It's only fair you put the guy who handed him his ass his spot in the rankings. I don't think Swick getting hurt all of a sudden puts him higher by default just because Kampmann lost. Paul Daley did what Mike Swick had to do to move forward. So, Daley vs. Swick should and probably will happen no matter what anybody's opinion on the result may be. Daley gets beat when he reaches the ground but he's definetly earned himself the oppurtunity to take on one of the top contenders in that division. There should be no debate that Paul Daley atleast gets to fight a top 5 UFC welterweight after dismantling one of the guys who was "next in line" for GSP. Mike Swick and Josh Koscheck make sense. We just can't go pretending Martin Kampmann was some scrub all along and Mike Swick moves forward while the guy who fought and won goes nowhere. If Mike Swick was going to get GSP for beating Kampmann, how come Daley does not get Swick for beating Kampmann? Daley has only had this one fight in UFC so a shot at GSP is out of the question and ridiculous and probably won't ever happen because Daley won't get though the others(and yes GSP would destroy him) but Swick in particular is probably the ideal matchup for him.

I think Swick and Kos beat him fairly easy as well, but guys have to move forward after big wins. Fighting Marcus Davis is a step down from Martin Kampmann IMO, or if not a step down, definetly not a step forward.

Personally, i would like to see Paul Daley fight Dan Hardy. I think he beats the piss out of him...but not before he gets a chance against stiffer comp.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 4:09 pm

GSP? You serious?

Anyone who has a wrestling background and uses it could beat Daley.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 4:20 pm

Last edited by NinjaRua/Fan on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 4:20 pm

marcus Davis is a good matchup, would love to see that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 4:32 pm

I assumed Swick would get a shot at GSP next but I'd be happy if Daley vs Swick was next.

I hope Kosheck gets a shot at Hughes.

Shame Daley isn't on the 105 card he needs some exposure in tea and crumpets land.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 7:34 pm

Looks like Swick. Why do people even bother calling me out? just kidding
Back to top Go down
thedarkwingduck2k50
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 10:25 pm

i'd like to see him fight anthony johnson, i know he had a huge upset over kampmann, but it might be a tad too early to place him against swick or koscheck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, what's next for Paul Daley?   So, what's next for Paul Daley? Empty

Back to top Go down

So, what's next for Paul Daley?
Page 1 of 1