Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?

Go down 
+13
NBrooks5
killerofchicken
SOKO
LTFG
bobbitt15
acccardinal12
WinstonSmith
Canvas
NJBeatdown86
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
gomez1012
captainanddew
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? Empty
PostSubject: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 4:10 pm

For me it's The Lord Of The Rings, all three movies are beautiful crafted with great acting,effects and most importantly a terrific score at the heart beat of each movie.

Honorable mentions to Star Wars, Back To The Future and the Jason Bourne movies.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 5:10 pm

Indiana Jones-ignore the 4th and the first 3 would be an honorable mention

Sergio Leone- Man with no name trilogy. Yes, it isn't the same character in all three. Yes, he is given a name in all three. But it is still damn good viewing.

Godfather I, II, and III have to be in there. The greatness of I and II make up for the flaws of III (Sofia Coppolla's acting, Robert Duvall not returning, etc).

Evil Dead, Evil Dead II, and Army of Darnkess-

Alien, Aliens, Alien 3- First 2 were outstanding.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:09 pm

Terminator 1-3, Salvation doesnt exist
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:17 pm

Scream jocolor
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:37 pm

Scream 1 was good not sure about the rest

Die Hard
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 7:38 pm

I say Scream 2 was about as good as the 1st one. The 3rd one was pretty damning though.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 8:00 pm

apparently they are making the 4th one right know
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:42 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Scream jocolor

Where did you find the cool emoticon King ?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Here. Scroll through all the emoticons. It's near the bottom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:51 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

No the guitar one ?
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:06 pm

Man With No Name (there were other films with the character, but not by Sergio Leone)

Original Star Wars (and not the shitty re-edited versions Lucas' insecure ass made)

Infernal Affairs (if you can look past the confusing/mediocre finale)

Indiana Jones (Kingdom of the Lame Ass Crystal Shit doesn't exist in my book)
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:08 pm

And how could I forget the Godfather (yeah the last movie sucked)
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

No the guitar one ?

oh, i saw it on some metal board that came up when i was searching for some information earlier today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:14 pm

Can't believe no one said The Matrix. Lord of the Rings is number 1 for sure though.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:16 pm

i HATED THE MATRIX never saw the other ones
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:20 pm

Yeah. The Matrix was the only good one. Everything else was just contrived shit that they pulled out of their ass for a buck.

You just know when they completed the first Matrix all that other shit was never even thought of.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 11:50 pm

Hunt for red october, patriot games, clear and present danger, were good. Not the level of the man with no name, but good.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:16 am

if they make another one

Kiss the Girls, Along Came a Spider, and the next entry would be a good one
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:18 am

No love for the Bourne franchise?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:20 am

havent seen any of them
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:25 am

I had my reservations about seeing Damon in a tough guy role,but damn ,if he didn't pull it off IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:25 am

WinstonSmith wrote:

I mentioned it in my honorable mention.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:29 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

Good taste sir.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:32 am

I like most of the ones mentioned, but I have to throw Leathel Weapon in. They could have stopped at 3, but even the fourth was decent. I can't think of any other trilogy's that aren't mentioned already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 12:32 am

WinstonSmith wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:

Good taste sir.

I actually just finished watching the trilogy again today. All three movies are classics, even the first one by Doug Liman can hold it's own with the Greengrass ones.

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?   Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which series/franchise is the perfect trilogy ?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next