Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry

Go down 
+5
dmar5143
marbleheadmaui
Canvas
Diego408
gomez1012
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry Empty
PostSubject: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:15 pm

Quote :
Steve (Sac,Ca)

when do you expect the wars/dirrell fight to be announced as postponed?

Dan Rafael (12:12 PM)
I don't know but I do know it's not happening Sept. 25. From what I am told by good sources both camps are trying to get out of the fight and Showtime is threatening legal action because if the fight does not come off, the tournament goes down the drain.

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:20 pm

FFFUUUUUUCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!

Man after all that shit they were saying on Fight camp 360, this is BS.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Rafael hears rumblings that Ward and Dirrell are trying to avoid fighting...   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:21 pm

...one another. Disgusting. The two fighters least deserving of being in the tournament, who got in because of their nationality, are now trying to destroy it (Super 6) now that they have used it to established themselves on the world stage.

If true, this is one of the most revolting things I have heard in this dreadful year in the sport.

------------------------------------------------------

Steve (Sac,Ca)

Dano, when do you expect the wars/dirrell fight to be announced as postponed?

Dan Rafael (12:12 PM)

I don't know but I do know it's not happening Sept. 25. From what I am told by good sources both camps are trying to get out of the fight and Showtime is threatening legal action because if the fight does not come off, the tournament goes down the drain.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:24 pm

I am very disappointed in Ward, I expected this sort of punk move from Dirrell but not Ward.

I hope Showtime take both of them to the cleaners, they've known since day one that they were going to face each other in the third fight.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Yep, fuck you knew going to the tournament you'd be fighting each?????

What a joke...

Am I crazy or is it a trend that American fighters that keep pulling this shit?
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
I am very disappointed in Ward, I expected this sort of punk move from Dirrell but not Ward.

I hope Showtime take both of them to the cleaners, they've known since day one that they were going to face each other in the third fight.

+1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Gomez beat you to the punch so I'll merge this with his thread.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:31 pm

you deleted my post
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:32 pm

I feel sorry for Ken Hershman, the guy has worked extremely hard to pull this tournament together and has had to deal with alot of issues during it, and now it could collapse because of two little punks that have know for months they'd eventually have to fight each other.

Froch and Abraham too who have worked hard to get into the semi's, both Dirrell and Ward should be used as punchbags for both fighters if they pull out.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Canvas wrote:
you deleted my post
That ruined a long rant of mine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Canvas wrote:
you deleted my post

No it's here, I just merged yours with Gomez's thread.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:39 pm

Thanks Ali....

I agree. If I were Hershamn, I would be ready to throw my hands in the air and announce Showtime is getting out of boxing. These guys were nobodies before this tournament gave them world exposure. Today's fighters are just too sickening to cheer for. And here I was becoming a huge fan of Ward.
Ali_1748 wrote:
I feel sorry for Ken Hershman, the guy has worked extremely hard to pull this tournament together and has had to deal with alot of issues during it, and now it could collapse because of two little punks that have know for months they'd eventually have to fight each other.

Froch and Abraham too who have worked hard to get into the semi's, both Dirrell and Ward should be used as punchbags for both fighters if they pull out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:50 pm

Do you think they'd pull this crap if they were going to meet each other in the final ?
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:56 pm

neither one of them deserved to be in the Super 6 in the first place. Showtime badly wanted 3 Americans. They both took the opportunity to make really good purses and get exposure they otherwise wouldn't have gotten. Now that they're established, they no longer want to honor their contracts.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:59 pm

Canvas wrote:
neither one of them deserved to be in the Super 6 in the first place. Showtime badly wanted 3 Americans. They both took the opportunity to make really good purses and get exposure they otherwise wouldn't have gotten. Now that they're established, they no longer want to honor their contracts.
Ok Big Guy if Ward and Dirrell werent worthy, who else? Bute, Kessler, Froch, Abraham......... Ward is as worthy as it gets. Gold Medalist, undefeated, one of the best prospects in a while.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Ward was worthy, but not ahead of Bute.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:03 pm

I believe Ward was worthy, he's a Gold medalist and was already starting to climb up the ladder with the victory over Miranda.

I would've swapped Taylor and Dirrell for Bute and Andrade.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:05 pm

I didn't have a problem with Taylor being in based on his name and the fights he had been in- but it should have been either JT or Ward, not both ..and certainly not Dirrell or Green ahead of Bute and Andrade at that time.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:10 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
I believe Ward was worthy, he's a Gold medalist and was already starting to climb up the ladder with the victory over Miranda.

I would've swapped Taylor and Dirrell for Bute and Andrade.
Nope on that last part, but I agree with swaping JT with Bute, it would of made the tourney a whole lot better. Direll was a good fit Because Andrade had already lost to Bute and was dominated by Kessler. Dirrell has proven himself worthy, he dominated Abraham and should of gotten that desicion against Froch. Ward has proven hes the best at 168. Who knows if Bute would have joined, he seems to rather fight a bunch of stiffs.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:16 pm

Your showing bias now Diego. What did Dirrell do prior to the Super 6 to warrant entry ahead of Bute, Andrade, or the WBO trinket holder?
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:23 pm

i didnt say he was more deserving than Bute, but others yes. My top 6 would have been Ward, Bute, Kessler, Froch, Abraham and Dirrell (in that specific order). Its obvious he was one of the best talent before the tourney, way better than Andrade and please dont bring up that WBO paper champ. He doesnt even deserve to be mentioned. Like I said Andrade had already lost to Bute and Kessler befroe the tourney was made. Dirrells talents showed in his fights and you know it. Hes been great to the tourney, well before all of this.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:30 pm

I agree Dirrell has talent, but talent alone does not entitle you to international exposure and riches. He had done nothing of note up to that point. Ward had done very little also, but he had at least beaten Miranda and had the gold medal pedigree. As I said, I would have accepted JT or Ward(one or the other, not both)

I certainly disagree with your comment that Dirrell has been "great' for the tourney. I think he's been quite the opposite.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:32 pm

In my eyes, hes yet to lose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:55 pm

This is so disgusting I have nothing to say really. Sad
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:57 pm

I don't get it. Who else are these guys going to fight?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry   Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry Empty

Back to top Go down

Ward & Dirrell...WTF?? This is just sorry
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next