Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??

Go down 
+3
captainanddew
Birdofthad
sugarrayhatton
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? Empty
PostSubject: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:11 pm

http://www.boxingtalk.com/pag/article.php?aid=20331

i dont care if they are friends, they have to fucking fight, thats why they are in the tournament

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:14 pm

sugarrayhatton wrote:

i dont care if they are friends, they have to fucking fight, thats why they are in the tournament
I say strip Ward of the title. Kick both out of the tournament and give the title to Allan Green.
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:15 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
sugarrayhatton wrote:

I say strip Ward of the title. Kick both out of the tournament and give the title to Allan Green.

haha i knew you would say that, but seriously, surely they MUST fight, or be sued if they dont, the whole tourney is fucked if they dont
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:17 pm

sugarrayhatton wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
sugarrayhatton wrote:

haha i knew you would say that, but seriously, surely they MUST fight, or be sued if they dont, the whole tourney is fucked if they dont
They will never be on Showtime again. Ask Green if he will ever be on ESPN again. You do not bite the hand that feeds you.

I really hope they fight and I think Showtime will sue them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 pm

If they don't fight both should be thrown out of the tournament. They've known for months that they'd eventually have to meet each other.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:29 pm

they better fight
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:30 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
they better fight
If Nolan can fight so can they. Right Bird?
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:34 pm

I don't know how much credit is to be given to this article, but if they don't fight, then they do need to be kicked out of the tournament.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:34 pm

captainanddew wrote:
I don't know how much credit is to be given to this article, but if they don't fight, then they do need to be kicked out of the tournament.

Yeah I've never trusted Greg Leon's site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:35 pm

captainanddew wrote:
They will lose a bunch of fans and a bunch of money but not fighting each other.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Just kick both of them out. Then we have our semi-finals already. That would be great news for GREEN NATION!!!! LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:04 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Just kick both of them out. Then we have our semi-finals already. That would be great news for GREEN NATION!!!! LOL.
HELL YEAH!!! Green Nation would hold a celebration and I as president would declare that we are the real champs of 168 after we win the tournament.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:34 pm

I'm hoping this is another bad joke from a bad joke of a website. Otherwise, both of them should be sued and bounced from Showtime. I think neither of them draws flies.

Last edited by Canvas on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:35 pm

captainanddew wrote:

and whoever draws Green in the semi !

Last edited by Canvas on Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:41 pm

Without Andre Ward in the tourney, it becomes irrelavent to (most) Americans. I dont think any guy will pull out for the fight. Ward and Dirrell knew they were going to fight each other for a hot year now, so highly doubt either guy pulls out unless an injury occurs. I dont think Dirrell will not want to fight because this is is the most meaningful fight in his career. BTW I didnt read anything in the article that says they are against the fight because theyre good freinds. I actually think they havent agree to everything in negotiations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Any time Dan has asked Shaw and Goosen about the fight they've never got any updates on it.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:50 pm

I'll wait to hear from a more credible outlet. If true, what else can you say - an absolute disgrace and another nail in the coffin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:54 pm

I am with you Canvas, my patience is wearing thin with boxing. It also doesn't help the fact that virtually no big fights are shown on any of the major UK networks, UFC is available for free on ESPN UK but Sky Sports can't be even bothered to show boxing matches that are staged outside the UK unless it's really big. Even the Super Six is on a crappy pay per view channel.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:41 pm

My patience is wearing thin as well.

This has been a bad year.

Why is it so hard for fighters, promoters, and mangers, to understand that we want to see good fighters, matched tough, and preferably, more than once or twice a year.

Instead we get superfights not made: Pac vs Floyd
Fighters ducking rematches we want: PW and Martinez
Super 6 seemingly losing momentum by dragging things out
Fighters pricing themselves out of fights: Berto, Angulo, etc....
Lots of questionable hometown decisions
Top Rank and Golden Boy basically refusing to work with each other
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:55 pm

These young noname fighters talk and talk and then come up with reasons not to make the top fights.

Shaw, King, Arum and Golden Boy make me want to puke. Everytime I turn around another Alphabet Org creates a new trinket.

Same blatant fixed judging.

Now fans are actually talking about Don King making a comeback and being good for boxing. Don-Fucking-King.

I'm withdrawing my interest in the sport bit by bit.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:38 am

Yea, consider the source for sure

Last I read they where thinking about staging the fight in Reno or Vegas

I say just put it back in Oakland, get a decent gate, and a lively crowd again

If not, fucking take it to Denmark w/Kessler vs Green!
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:24 pm

Why fight for titles and risk a loss on you're record when you could earn $$$ by cherry picking your opponents?

That is the mindset of most young fighters today.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:31 pm

Rafael confirms the fight is in jeopardy and likely to be postponed.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:35 pm

2 of the fighters who were debatable choices to be worthy of inclusion in the tournament are now holding it up. The sport is in free fall.
Back to top Go down
sugarrayhatton
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
sugarrayhatton

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:42 pm

an already waning tournament has failed now completely
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??   Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ward v Dirrell in jeopardy??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next