Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop

Go down 
+4
dmar5143
Diego408
RUM CAPITAL
SlickMoneyXL
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop Empty
PostSubject: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:41 am

The fuck??????????

This all according to Dan "The Michelin Man" Rafael

Maidana life and death with Corley right now.

Maidana wins unanimous but a struggle.

http://twitter.com/danrafaelespn
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:44 am

i was talking to sooner not long ago and telling him how im not impressed with maidana at all. he was struggling with cayo at times and who the fuck is cayo?? kahn should just hurry and fight this guy before somebody beats him to it.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:44 am

Life and death with Chop Chop?

Never was really high on Maidana, he beat Ortiz who had him down 3 times.

Khan and Roach must be licking their chop chop. Bad joke.

Last edited by SlickMoneyXL on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:51 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:07 am

My dad told me Maidana was almost taken put in the 7th round and got a gift beacuse they fought in his home country.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:09 am

Wasn't Chop Chop destroyed by Witter a couple years ago ?
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:13 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Wasn't Chop Chop destroyed by Witter a couple years ago ?

I think it was earlier this year on ShoBox when he got Youtube'd by Freddy Hernandez. He looked completely shot. I dont know how Maidana struggled with him. These Homecoming fights seem to do more bad then good.

Here it is....Around 1:08

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:24 am

Any videos of the fight?
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:30 am

It was on an Argentian Channel we get on Direct Tv. I didn't watch it but my pops said it was a good fight. Maidana looked like crap against a shot Corley and was almost knocked out in the 7th. I doubt you'll get any video of it any time soon.
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:33 am

Lol replay is at 1:30 AM on Channel 427 Direct TV if anyone is intrested.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:00 am

well well well..sounds like maidana is a fighter who will be easly beaton by kahn and bradley or alexander and others..a punchers chance can go only so far if you lack a chin thats not sturdy..i suspect strongly this is the case with maidana..yes kahn should now jump at the chance of this fight that fans have been asking for..maidana has to do it early very very early or kahn will destroy him..hand speed footwork and boxing abilty and power is too much for maidana to handle..kahns suspect chin is his only chance and it has to be early cause kahn will use him as a punching bag and stop him..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 12:29 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
well well well..sounds like maidana is a fighter who will be easly beaton by kahn and bradley or alexander and others..a punchers chance can go only so far if you lack a chin thats not sturdy..i suspect strongly this is the case with maidana..yes kahn should now jump at the chance of this fight that fans have been asking for..maidana has to do it early very very early or kahn will destroy him..hand speed footwork and boxing abilty and power is too much for maidana to handle..kahns suspect chin is his only chance and it has to be early cause kahn will use him as a punching bag and stop him..
Thats crazy I thought maidana was a lot tougher. Oh well we will see hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:51 pm

Like I said a couple of days ago - Khan annihilates Maidana. He's just at a whole other level talent wise.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:33 pm

I've been saying for months that Maidana has an amateurish style that can be exploited by a superior fighter like Khan. Maidana was beaten by Kotelnik and went life and death with Ortiz. This doesn't surprise me one bit. He is however in the conversation at 140 because of his power. His power can change the entire dynamic of a fight. Khan Maidana should get made regardless of his showing against chop chop. Chop Chop always seems to make people at one point or another look very mortal.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Maidana is limited. To me it is telling that Khan's people haven't rushed to get him in with Maidana sooner. They know he can be outboxed easily by Khan.

At the same time, they are still protecting him from any guy with power.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:51 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Maidana is limited. To me it is telling that Khan's people haven't rushed to get him in with Maidana sooner. They know he can be outboxed easily by Khan.

At the same time, they are still protecting him from any guy with power.

Golden Boy promotes both guys. Khan is and can be the bigger attraction. Golden Boy has had some bad luck with prospects lately. I don't think they want to risk losing another one if Maidana catches Khan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Why do you think I've been describing Maidana as a caveman ever since the Ortiz fight Laughing
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:35 pm

He is a caveman, but Khan's people seem more interested in talking about how he is inferior, rather than going out and showing it.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:11 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Golden Boy promotes both guys. Khan is and can be the bigger attraction. Golden Boy has had some bad luck with prospects lately. I don't think they want to risk losing another one if Maidana catches Khan.

+1

Hopefully they just forget protecting him and make the fight this fall
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:32 pm

I don't think Maidana looked that bad. His range was way off and he didn't look sharp, but he wasn't hurt and landed most of the significant punches.

He's not a great boxer, but he doesn't have to be to catch any of the top guys. I think his stock went way too high after Ortiz and Ortiz's dropped way too low. He deserves his mandatory now.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:39 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:

+1

Hopefully they just forget protecting him and make the fight this fall

If they don't pair Khan with JMM. I hate that fight. I want Khan Maidana for sure. Boxer Vs Puncher. Would be a great fight and if promoted right would do good numbers worldwide. I don't think the casual American fan gives a shit which is why I think we haven't already seen this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:59 pm

Softcore didn't you here about Marquez decision to stay at Lightweight ? he's facing Katsidis in November.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:03 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Softcore didn't you here about Marquez decision to stay at Lightweight ? he's facing Katsidis in November.

Nope im hawaii posting from my droid x. Haven't heard much. Only post from the crapper and while my wife sleeps. Marble hasn't invited me to train or snorkel or sweep his computer room, UNBELIEVABLE. MAHALO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:05 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Nope im hawaii posting from my droid x. Haven't heard much. Only post from the crapper and while my wife sleeps. Marble hasn't invited me to train or snorkel or sweep his computer room, UNBELIEVABLE. MAHALO.

Hawaii very nice. That waxed chest will be put to good work on the beaches.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:08 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Hawaii very nice. That waxed chest will be put to good work on the beaches.

U can wax my balls big boy. Thanks for the Marquez info Katsides was the fight i was clamoring for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop   Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop Empty

Back to top Go down

Maidana wins, But STRUGGLED against Chop Chop
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next