Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing. Empty
PostSubject: Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing.   Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:39 am

On a scale of 1-10 what chance to you give him against the average HW I will say 4. thoghts

After being cut from the UFC earlier this year, and with his one-time indestructible YouTube phenomenon image tarnished, Kimbo Slice is leaving the cage behind for the ring.

"I feel like a baby all over again. I'm thinking about this at night. I'm gonna be a problem in the heavyweight division. I'm going to be coming in with a bad demeanor. I want to see what it's like to break some ribs, break a jaw with one punch. This is a career move. I love fighting. I like to knock people the [expletive] out. I love engaging. Maybe some people think I'm crazy."

While this move is likely due to the larger paydays he'll receive as a pugilist, Kimbo is probably a bit more fond of his career prospects inside of the ring than he was inside of the Octagon just a few short months ago.

So, what kind of chances do you give the Bahamian brawler to succeed in boxing? Surely better than his chances in mixed martial arts...

http://www.mmamania.com/
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing.   Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:57 am

Yeah I read this yesterday, he is going to get fucked up in boxing. I see him taking a brutal beating early on. I know you can't kick him in that bum knee in boxing but he still has a bum knee. Kimbo is just trying to get another pay check or two. He will probably fight some freak show fight. Where is Butterbean?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing.   Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:09 am

lol where is butter bean. BB would destroy kimbo even in this day and time.
Back to top Go down
Hillsicc303
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing.   Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Boxing is FAR too nuanced for somebody to pick it up this late in life like Kimbo is trying to do. 99% of the top level boxer you see have been boxing since before the age of 10.

This is not MMA, where you can make up for being weak in one area, by being strong in another area. Unlike MMA, in boxing you cannot use brute strength(Lesnar) to your advantage if you're relatively new to the sport. In boxing, if you don't have the skills, you're going to take a brutal beating, PERIOD.

Boxing also has and extensive amateur system, that ensures(for the most part) that what you see at the pro level, is the best of the best. These guys have fought hundreds of guys that are light-years better than Kimbo Slice in the Ams. MMA doesn't have this amateur system, which makes it possible for newcomers(Lesnar) to come in and go straight to the top. Maybe Kimbo should start at his local Golden Glove program, seriously.

Even as bad as the current HW division is in boxing, the top 50 or so, are light-years ahead of Kimbo as far as boxing goes. He's going to get beat down....
Back to top Go down
taylorfleig
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
taylorfleig

Favorite Fighter(s) : boxing-Paul Williams, Deontay Wilder, Tavoris Cloud, mma-Rampage & Brett rogers

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing.   Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing. EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:39 pm

While i i agree he wont amount to anything special, id still watch him if he were on fnf. Itd definitely get good ratings, and would probably be fun to watch him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing.   Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing. Empty

Back to top Go down

Kimbo Slice moving on to Boxing.
Page 1 of 1