Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!

Go down 
+3
Cu Bu
timthebim
acccardinal12
7 posters
AuthorMessage
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! Empty
PostSubject: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:57 pm

I have only seen him fight two other times and the guy showed some flash, but after tonight he should be getting plugged as the next contender for the LW division. The way he controlled Roller's wrestling was great. His striking is rediculous and the guy is a highlight reel waiting to happen. He threw kicks tonight I have never seen before. I have never been given cockeyes by a fighter before, but that kick in the second round made me think the tv messed up or something. After tonight I am really liking this guy. Joe Silva listen up!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:59 pm

He looked fucking awesome!!! Why the hell is no 1 on here talking about the fights tonight???
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:02 pm

timthebim wrote:
He looked fucking awesome!!! Why the hell is no 1 on here talking about the fights tonight???

Not sure? I thought there would be 4-6 guys atleast talking about WEC. This card has been real good so far.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:03 pm

Did you see the Kenny Powers and Faber commercial? That was hilarious. Eastbound and down rules!

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Yeah I dont know where every1 is tonight. I am gonna watch the main event and go to bed. I actually have called off work the last 3 days and have to go back tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:04 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Did you see the Kenny Powers and Faber commercial? That was hilarious. Eastbound and down rules!

Yeah i saw it that was funny as hell!
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

i am watching on verses
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:05 pm

We are too!!!!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:22 pm

That round was close.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Great fight and the third judge had it right 49-46 Cruz. Another great WEC card!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:52 pm

It was a great WEC card.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:34 am

i picked Rolles but shit Pettis looked good glad to hear he works with Askren all of a sudden i dont care that i was wrong
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:14 am

Pettis did look real good def a contender at 155 for the WEC I just wouldn't say he's UFC bound yet. UFC 155ers aren't gonna give him a triangle over and over untill he gets it. Shanes corners was screaming to watch for the triangle to get his posture but he kept putting his head down and leaving one arm in.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:21 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Not sure? I thought there would be 4-6 guys atleast talking about WEC. This card has been real good so far.

got totally blazed, could not keep my eyes open and passed out. Oh well, I picked Pettis too.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Pettis did look good. Roller couldn't get anything going on the ground but he was clearly outmatched standing. Pettis looked really good off his back too, submission after submission.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 9:02 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
Pettis did look real good def a contender at 155 for the WEC I just wouldn't say he's UFC bound yet. UFC 155ers aren't gonna give him a triangle over and over untill he gets it. Shanes corners was screaming to watch for the triangle to get his posture but he kept putting his head down and leaving one arm in.

I disagree. Pettis could beat alot of the 155ers in the UFC and so could a few other guys in WEC.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Pettis is 23. Sooner or later he is in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:13 pm

MMAEYES wrote:

Shane was getting his ass kicked he had to take chances and he got caught in the triangle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!   Anthony Pettis is UFC bound! Empty

Back to top Go down

Anthony Pettis is UFC bound!
Page 1 of 1