Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year

Go down 
+2
josh200612
Canvas
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:30 am

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68780

And it won't be the original versions because apparently “It’s a very, very expensive process to do it. So when we did the transfer to digital, we only transferred really the upgraded version.” Which is bullshit because Lucas is filthy rich and would easily make the money back with the Blu-Ray sales.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:48 am

what does that mean " won't be the original versions" ? Does that mean it will be the remasters with Lucas' CGI graffitti BS inserted ?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:19 pm

yep you hit the nail on the head canvas lol.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:25 pm

over under on the 6 disk blue ray. $150

+
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:28 pm

i say 199.99
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:29 pm

Probably closer
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 12:30 pm

ill still buy it though lol im a huge star wars nerd.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:08 pm

It will be atleast $200 I'm sure. And all the people bitching about not having the theatrical versions will still buy it

"Han shot first" blah blah blah
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 3:12 pm

i have the original ones on dvd plus the crappy cgi ones. they came out with the original ones a lil after the crappy ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 4:51 pm

I might not even bother upgrading, I've got the originals on DVD.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 6:45 pm

I think I'll actually buy the package. Lucas probably is hurting for the cash. But really, I want a bray upgrade and a nice shiny package booklet.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:32 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

Still got the original trilogy on VHS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 12:07 am

LudoCain wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Still got the original trilogy on VHS.

Ahh VHS, I miss having to rewind whole movies and watch the picture quality suddenly go all bendy for a minute.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Lucas is yet again releasing extended scenes and adding some scenes cut all together. Potential Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year Facepalm, hope he doesn't fuck things up more.
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Theres no way in hell I'm buying them all again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:49 pm

kbyte wrote:

You need to buy them all again , these aren't the droids you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
kbyte
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
kbyte

Favorite Fighter(s) : Oscar De la Hoya, Ricky Hatton

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:55 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
kbyte wrote:

You need to buy them all again , these aren't the droids you're looking for.
lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year   Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars won't be coming to Blu-Ray until next year
Page 1 of 1