Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down

Go down 
+2
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
6 posters

Will Chael Sonnen Ever Get a Title???
Yep he just made a mistake
Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down Vote_lcap69%Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down Vote_rcap
 69% [ 9 ]
Nope that fight fucked him up
Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down Vote_lcap31%Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down Empty
PostSubject: Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down   Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:45 pm

Just watched entire fight, gotta ask, will Chael Sonnen ever get past that

in boxing especially we have seen countless fights were one guy dominates then loses last second and is never the same or never gets past it

what do you think Chael will do
??
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down   Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:47 pm

This has happened to Chael a thousand times in his career already. He has more comeback submission losses over guys he was beating on than Brock Lesnar has total fights.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down   Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:48 pm

what i mean by that one fucked him, is mainly mentally i mean we all saw it he couldnt even admit he tapped, ya Wolf i know thats why i [picked Anderson via triangle, but what im saying is this one wont just haunt Chael, the demons will come

hell they came a milli second after it happened
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down   Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:53 pm

I think he made a mistake but I dont think he can beat Spider now either. I know it sounds crazy but he couldnt put Anderson away and he could look at it 2 ways either hey I had him and wont make that mistake again or damn I hit him with everything i had and couldnt finish the job. Not sure how he will look at it but he did just make a mistake in my opion.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down   Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:58 pm

Lots of guys tap and deny it. CB vs Amir is another example. They deny it out of shock, anger, sadness, frustration, the fact they subconsciously tapped and aren't fully aware of it ect. Chael handled himself well post fight and he will be in a fight with Anderson/the MW champion before next summer. He'll fight one guy and be back in contention.

please don't let it be Wanderlei.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down   Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:00 pm

Wolf do u think he should get a automatic rematch next fight??
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down   Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 3:01 pm

ya your right wolf the fact taht Sonnen knew he just blew the biggest fight of his lfe had nothing to do with it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down   Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Eight times he's been submitted, unless Sonnen addresses that issue he'll always fall short.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down   Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 5:45 pm

This fight will haunt him because he was almost a world champion. He promised his now dead father and he was all over tv talking smack. All of this together will mess with him forever if he doesn't become champion one day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down   Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 10:05 pm

Anderson at 35 has aged. He'll lose his title within the next year. Sonnen has a chance to win it but I think Vitor ko's Anderson.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down   Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:16 am

Chael is the epitome of an optimist/pragmatist. He sees it like it is, colors it up with words and entertainment, then gets real. He is going to watch that fight a hundred times and realize he was kicking the shit out of the perceived P4P fighter in the world and was a couple of minutes away from winning the title? He is going to want to show the world he can take him and it will be twice as hard, because Silva isn't going to fuck with him at all. Chael didn't give him a fucking chance to do the "Spider Shuffle". Chael was on him immediately and stayed on him from start to finish for four and a half rounds. Silva got lucky, Chael looks like the bulldog of the division and has at least laid claim to the main gate keeper status. "If you can get through fucking Blanka over here, you can fight Sagat next!"
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down   Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:09 am

While I'm sure its eating him up inside (fuck I've replayed it in my head about 100 times today, can't imagine what its like for him) it won't effect the rest of his career if that is what's being asked. Chael legitimately thought he could go in and do what he did to Anderson, but now that's he's actually done it I'm sure he's dying for a rematch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down   Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down Empty

Back to top Go down

Will Chael SOnnen Ever Live that one Down
Page 1 of 1