Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto

Go down 
+4
SlickMoneyXL
captainanddew
RUM CAPITAL
gomez1012
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto Empty
PostSubject: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 11:34 am

Although Top Rank's Bob Arum wanted to match Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. with former middleweight champ Kelly Pavlik, his own matchmakers and members of Chavez's team were against it. Now, Arum thinks he's found just the right fight. He wants to match Chavez and junior middleweight titlist Miguel Cotto, who also needs a fall fight, on pay-per-view Dec. 4. Before that can come to fruition, Chavez needs to defeat Pawel Wolak, whom he'll meet in a 10-rounder Sept. 11 (FS en Espanol) in Queretaro, Mexico, at a contract weight of 158 pounds. "If Chavez looks good [against Wolak], then we're going to do the Cotto fight for Miguel's title either in Las Vegas or Atlantic City," Arum told ESPN.com. "I think it's a great fight, a real fun fight. Any time it's a Mexican against a Puerto Rican, it's fun. So that's the fight we're discussing." He said that despite his excitement about Pavlik-Chavez, Bruce Trampler, Top Rank's chief matchmaker, and trainer Freddie Roach were more comfortable with Cotto because he and Chavez are closer in size.

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/notebook/_/id/5441621/devon-alexander-hard-work-dedication-paying-off
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:07 pm

Good double header if it happens.....

Not sure if I really care about the Chavez Jr-Cotto fight though????
Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:09 pm

even though im puerto rican it would be pretty funny (and embarrassing) if cotto lost to chavez jr lol
but if cotto beats jr bad im sure bob continues to put him with tomato cans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:11 pm

I have no interested in it at all, it's a sham match up to fill Arum's pockets.

And how can Chavez and Cotto be closer in size when both men are separated by four inches in height and a weight class ?

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:13 pm

I guess we will see how much Freddie has improved Chavez huh?
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 12:16 pm

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
even though im puerto rican it would be pretty funny (and embarrassing) if cotto lost to chavez jr lol
but if cotto beats jr bad im sure bob continues to put him with tomato cans.

As a Mexicano, if Chumpez Jr beat Cotto....Id be embarrassed for you! lol!

Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:49 pm

What weight would it be at? Would Chavez shrink down to 154? If it is 160, then Cotto is going up too far in weight.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 2:59 pm

This aint a bad fight. I just dont like it on PPV. No catchweights freddie (i'm sure he reads this board). Just fight at 154.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 3:34 pm

I'm not sure Chavez Jr can make 154. Cotto doesn't need to fight above 154. I'd rather he go back to 147 and fight Berto.
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 3:36 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

And how can Chavez and Cotto be closer in size when both men are separated by four inches in height and a weight class ?

**cough**Khan**cough**Marquez**cough cough**
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 3:46 pm

captainanddew wrote:
I'm not sure Chavez Jr can make 154. Cotto doesn't need to fight above 154. I'd rather he go back to 147 and fight Berto.

Freddie said that Chavez can make 154.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:05 pm

I know Freddie said he could make 154, but Freddie says alot of things these days. Some of them don't end up to be true.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:08 pm

captainanddew wrote:
I know Freddie said he could make 154, but Freddie says alot of things these days. Some of them don't end up to be true.

I understand that but looks like Arum is serious bout this fight. So im sure Freddie told him that Chavez is good to go @ 154.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:11 pm

I hope you are right. I wouldn't put it past them to give us another catchweight fight.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 4:18 pm

ok the fight if it happens will be at 154 for cottos strap..why the complaints guys..first we say chavez has fought no bodies .he fights a duddy whos about like him class wise now there thinking cotto..thats a step up..hes starting to fight somebodies if that happens..lol now we say lousy fight..make up your mind.isnt chavez doing or trying to do what we all complained about..i dont mind that fight..geez..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:06 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

**cough**Khan**cough**Marquez**cough cough**

Yeah but I am interested in that fight and Marquez has more boxing ability in his pinky than Chavez Jr has in his whole body.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:44 pm

what a crock of shit
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 7:03 pm

If they fought at 160 then i'll be saying its a crock of shit. At 154 it makes sense. And its a money making fight for Top Rank.
Back to top Go down
nano212
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
nano212

Favorite Fighter(s) : JMM, Rafaell Marquez, Pac and David Haye

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 12:29 pm

I have no problem with this match up! JCC jr has fought crap so far in his career, he finally decided to turn the corner and hire a top flight trainer and is working with Ariza as well, Lets find out what the kid has. IMO Cotto stops him like in the 5th or 6th round!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto   Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto Empty

Back to top Go down

Bob Arum is really going through with Chavez Jr vs Miguel Cotto
Page 1 of 1