Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT

Go down 
+3
Wolfgangsta
timthebim
SOKO
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT Empty
PostSubject: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 4:33 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/

It's funny. Someone asked me about the way I feel about James Toney and I just said that I think he's naive and ignorant by thinking he can stop Randy Couture's wrestling with a hand combination, I guess he took offense to that. He said he would slap me if he ever saw me at a UFC event. I'll let that guy prove his own ignorance. Obviously slapping me he could face some assault and battery charges. How about this, get by Randy Couture first and then call me out, and we can settle it inside the Octagon. I would move up to heavyweight to beat him up."

fucking love it. Bones via spinning elbow ftw
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:05 pm

For what randy will do it for him LOL.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:16 pm

If Toney does somehow get past Couture they should do it to raise Jones profile among boxing and African American fans. Courting that base successfully turned UFC 114 to one of the biggest cards ever and the biggest non title card the UFC may ever have. This could help get Jones "over".
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 5:42 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
If Toney does somehow get past Couture they should do it to raise Jones profile among boxing and African American fans. Courting that base successfully turned UFC 114 to one of the biggest cards ever and the biggest non title card the UFC may ever have. This could help get Jones "over".

I agree. I doubt the UFC will do it. I think Forrest or Franklin will be Jones next victim. They are the only top guys left right now without a fight. I hope they give him Toney though. All 3 guys will give Jones a boost, but from what you are saying I agree he will get his name out to a broader audience. The only negative would be him getting KO'd by Toney vs getting beat by Rich or Gump. (doubtful)
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:39 pm

It's hard for me to imagine a scenario where Toney fights in the UFC after this. MMA, easier to imagine. boxing, probably.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:28 pm

I'd like to see Carwin get a shot at Toney if he somehow stops Randy. Shane would test that granite chin of Toney's.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:34 pm

Carwin would actually use his wrestling in that fight. Toney would tee off on that non-existant head movement from Shane if he didn't
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:02 pm

Bones tries a spinning anything and will likely catch a punch to the back of the head, just my opinion

if he fights him judo trip and elbows and its done
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:15 pm

Boxers, especially old ass ones, don't have super human reflexes that would enable them to immediately spot and counter a spinning technique they've seen a handfull of times in their entire life.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:17 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Carwin would actually use his wrestling in that fight. Toney would tee off on that non-existant head movement from Shane if he didn't

Yup I think Toney would KO Carwin if he tried to stand.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 8:43 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Boxers, especially old ass ones, don't have super human reflexes that would enable them to immediately spot and counter a spinning technique they've seen a handfull of times in their entire life.

i know i know this isnt a great example but i watched my 60 + year old former Olympian bronze medalist boxing coach get in the ring with one of Guy Mezgers 26 year old students, after alot of shit tlking from both sides and what sport was better (this is 1996 or 97

they get in the ring, the guy that Mezger taught instantly goes for a spinning back kick, wham good ol Charlie Brown knocked the ever loving shit out of the back of his skull and knocked him out cold

turned to me and said "you never show a boxer the back of your head"
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:48 pm

That is a great example actually. You know that honestly, one of these days, someone's gonna throw a spinning technique and eat a fist to the base of the skull. Alexander Schlemenko, Jon Jones, Cung Le, one of these guys.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:57 pm

well thanks wolf glad you appreciated the story, and I agree, especially if they try it on a devestating striker or someone that has great reflexes or just good stand up

it will be interesting to see cause we know some day it will happen

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 11:33 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Yup I think Toney would KO Carwin if he tried to stand.

Don't be so sure, Toney's power is vastly overrated at Heavyweight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT   Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT Empty

Back to top Go down

Bones says he would move to HW to whoop JT
Page 1 of 1