Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013

Go down 
+3
SOKO
Cu Bu
acccardinal12
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 Empty
PostSubject: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:07 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/31368/white-says-jones-silva-absolutely-will-happen-jones-expects-heavyweight-move-in-2013.mma
While UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (33-4 MMA, 16-0 UFC) vs. welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre (22-2 MMA, 16-2 UFC) is still a strong possibility, UFC president Dana White has strengthened his stance on the possibility of Silva vs. light-heavyweight titleholder Jon Jones (17-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC).

"I said it in Brazil, and I'll say it again: Hell yes, they will (fight)," he said Tuesday.

Time is ticking, though; Jones said he plans to be a heavyweight as early as next year.

White and Jones discussed his future on Tuesday as part of MetroPCS online chat. Jones, of course, already has a fight on his agenda: one with recent middleweight title challenger Chael Sonnen. The two fighters are currently serving as coaches on "The Ultimate Fighter 17," which debuts in early 2013. The fighters then will meet in a title fight at the show's conclusion.

But speaking as though the mismatch (at least according to the oddsmakers) is a done deal, White discussed what's next for Jones. And it includes a fight Silva.

"I guarantee you that fight will absolutely happen," White said.

Although Silva favors a fight with St-Pierre, fans have slowly turned their attention to Silva vs. Jones. Part of the reason is that many see it as a fairer fight since the fighters appear closer in weight (Silva, after all, recently competed at light heavyweight for the third time in his UFC career).

White, though, isn't buying that argument.

"When people say that, it's crazy because a lot of people believe that Jon Jones should be fighting at heavyweight anyway," he said. "So to say that GSP-Anderson Silva doesn't make sense doesn't make sense. The cool thing about it is those are the top-three pound-for-pound fighters in the world, and the greatest fighter of all-time and the No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter of all time falls right in the middle. So [Silva] can fight Georges St-Pierre, and he can fight Jon Jones. They both make sense."

Jones' current resident in the 205-pound division could be short-lived, though. The 25-year-old still plans a move up in weight – one that would put Jones and Silva two weight classes apart.

And it could come within the next year.

"I'll definitely move up to heavyweight, but it will probably be around 2013, maybe at the end of 2013," he said. "Right now, I have a nutritionist, and I'm starting to take the career a lot more serious than I used to, so my weight cuts are getting a lot easier.

"I walk around a lot thinner, naturally, so that right now I'm like 225 (pounds). It's like a 20-pound cut. That's really easy. So I may look bigger than most people than I'm fighting, but I'm really not."

For more on the UFC's upcoming schedule, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:24 am

So walk around weights-

Jon Jones= 225
Anderson Silva= 215
GSP= 192

Jones vs Silva is much fairer than Silva vs GSP
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:27 am

freakzilla wrote:
So walk around weights-

Jon Jones= 225
Anderson Silva= 215
GSP= 192

You know what is even more fair? Weidman vs Spider, Hendo vs Jones and GSP vs Hendricks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
So walk around weights-

Jon Jones= 225
Anderson Silva= 215
GSP= 192

You know what is even more fair? Weidman vs Spider, Hendo vs Jones and GSP vs Hendricks.

Those fights can wait if Jones is going to fight Anderson.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 10:58 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
So walk around weights-

Jon Jones= 225
Anderson Silva= 215
GSP= 192

I'd rather they not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:20 am

The MW GOAT vs The LHW GOAT against each other super seeds any other fight.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:32 am

freakzilla wrote:
The MW GOAT vs The LHW GOAT against each other super seeds any other fight.
Bones ain't the GOAT yet. If Hendo knocked him out he would probably never be.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:53 am

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
So walk around weights-

Jon Jones= 225
Anderson Silva= 215
GSP= 192

I'd rather they not.

Ur nuts! I was big on Weidman, but not if Spider will fight Bones. That is hands down the best fight to be made in combat sports besides pac vs pbf. Weidman can wait if this superfight happens.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 11:55 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
So walk around weights-

Jon Jones= 225
Anderson Silva= 215
GSP= 192

I'd rather they not.

Ur nuts! I was big on Weidman, but not if Spider will fight Bones. That is hands down the best fight to be made in combat sports besides pac vs pbf. Weidman can wait if this superfight happens.
I disagree. I'd rather see Bones vs Hendo then Bones vs Spider. I'd also rather see Weidman vs Spider then Spider vs Bones. I think both men have a great chance at winning the title, if they are ever given the shot they deserve.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:15 pm

I don't think hendo has a shot in hell against bones. Don't even wanna see bones fight anyone at 205lbs.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:16 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
I don't think hendo has a shot in hell against bones. Don't even wanna see bones fight anyone at 205lbs.
Wait, what? Pussy on a pedestal my man, pussy on a pedestal.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:15 pm

OU wrote:

"I'll definitely move up to heavyweight, but it will probably be around 2013, maybe at the end of 2013," he said. "Right now, I have a nutritionist, and I'm starting to take the career a lot more serious than I used to, so my weight cuts are getting a lot easier.

"I walk around a lot thinner, naturally, so that right now I'm like 225 (pounds). It's like a 20-pound cut. That's really easy. So I may look bigger than most people than I'm fighting, but I'm really not."

I wonder why Mrs Jackson is letting him go to HW. IMO he doesn't accept punches that well and def doesn't return fire when put on defensive. I assume he will have major speed advantage against most heavies but the power to which he will be punched in the face will be something his team should worry about.

Also if he can cut easily why move up at this point? Does he think one year on top means their our no other opponents? Id like to see hendo and Guss get a shot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:31 pm

Bones should stay at LHW for as long as his body will allow him.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:33 pm

Ali wrote:
Bones should stay at LHW for as long as his body will allow him.
He is clearly ducking Hendo, Glover and Gus. He is pretending he cleared out the division.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 1:42 pm

OU wrote:
freakzilla wrote:
So walk around weights-

Jon Jones= 225
Anderson Silva= 215
GSP= 192

Agreed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Quote :
"He will end up in the heavyweight [division] because he has the frame." Overeem said during a conversation with MMAInterviews.tv. "That's just a matter of time and I'm definitely looking forward to fighting him. … I'm already very excited about the prospect of fighting someone like him. He's dominant in the light heavyweight division. For me, I like challenges. That's where my biggest, greatest, and unexpected wins came from. I'm definitely looking forward to fighting Jon Jones."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/alistair-overeem-im-definitely-looking-forward-fighting-jon-013300437--mma.html

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:51 am

Bones vs Seem, JDS, Cain, and Cormier would all be great to see.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Hendo will follow him to HW. You can't hide from the H-bomb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 2:54 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

Hendo is going to get scorched by The Dragon.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:51 pm

Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Sig?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:55 pm

You'll lose that bet like you lost yo me in fantasy football farmer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:07 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Sig?

Hell yes.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:21 pm

OU wrote:

Omg that was great lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:43 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013   White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013 Empty

Back to top Go down

White says Bones-Spider will happen, Bones will likely move to HW 2013
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next