Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday

Go down 
+4
Canvas
UBeeg9cats
captainanddew
Ring
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday Empty
PostSubject: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:19 am

There's a decent undercard:

July 31
At Las Vegas (HBO PPV): Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz, rematch, 12 rounds, for Marquez's Ring/WBO/WBA lightweight title; Daniel Jacobs vs. Dmitry Pirog, 12 rounds, for vacant WBO middleweight title; Joel Casamayor vs. Robert Guerrero, 10 rounds, junior welterweights.

There should be some live streams for these fights, i'm looking forward to seeing Casamayor vs. Robert Guerrero as well.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:24 am

Pretty decent card. I don't think it is worth paying a hefty price to watch so I'll be stream hunting.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:55 am

captainanddew wrote:
Pretty decent card. I don't think it is worth paying a hefty price to watch so I'll be stream hunting.

The last PPV I bought, (don't ask why) was Pavlik-Taylor II. Just as the main event started my Cable feed for the fight crapped out, and I ended up having to search for an internet stream so I could watch the fight.

The hell of it was, my Cable company only gave me a partial refund, because they said I was able to see the undercard, man I was pissed.

Anyway, it would have to be a hell of a PPV card for me to ever pay for one again, it's not so much the money but the principal of the thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:19 am

Are they not showing the Linares or Bika fights?
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:30 am

Gumby wrote:

It's possible they'll show those fights Gumby, especially on a live stream.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:35 am

Ring wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

The last PPV I bought, (don't ask why) was Pavlik-Taylor II. Just as the main event started my Cable feed for the fight crapped out, and I ended up having to search for an internet stream so I could watch the fight.

The hell of it was, my Cable company only gave me a partial refund, because they said I was able to see the undercard, man I was pissed.

Anyway, it would have to be a hell of a PPV card for me to ever pay for one again, it's not so much the money but the principal of the thing.
Ring do you have any friends that like boxing that you can split this stuff with? Or you can always catch it at a bar.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 11:50 am

I can't wait for this card, Sky are showing it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UBeeg9cats
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:32 pm

Gumby wrote:

The JMM, Jacobs, Casa-Guerrero, and Linares-Juarez fights are going to be shown on the PPV I think. According to Dan Rafael, they are trying to get the Bika fight and maybe another fight on as a free preview to the PPV.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:33 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
Ring wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Ring do you have any friends that like boxing that you can split this stuff with? Or you can always catch it at a bar.

Sooner, most of my friends, neighbors, and business acquaintances aren't into boxing that much, and I quit going out to bars 20 years ago. And besides I like watching boxing at home, by myself, and going online to discuss the fights with my boxing buds here at Ninjas. Cool

FWIW, there's been very few PPV fights the last couple of years that I havn't been able to find a live stream for, and like I said, it's not the money, it's the principal of the thing.

Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:52 pm

decent undercard, but not one fight I'd be willing to pay for...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Ring wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
Ring wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Sooner, most of my friends, neighbors, and business acquaintances aren't into boxing that much, and I quit going out to bars 20 years ago. And besides I like watching boxing at home, by myself, and going online to discuss the fights with my boxing buds here at Ninjas. Cool

FWIW, there's been very few PPV fights the last couple of years that I havn't been able to find a live stream for, and like I said, it's not the money, it's the principal of the thing.

Makes sense. I cant wait until more fights happen at Dallas Cowboys stadium.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:41 pm

Fuck this dumbass fight. This fight shouldn't have gotten made after Diaz lost to Paulie. Katsides would have been a better opponent for either fighter.

The undercard looks great.

Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:50 pm

I have no problem with this.

The first fight was great and their giving us meaningful undercard fights.

I'm looking forward to Rocky KOing Linares.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:56 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:

Don't hold ur breath on Rocky doing anything but being a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:57 pm

I wish they'd show the fights at bars, only place this is being shown is the movie theaters, at a prices high enough to make the PPV seem worth it. I might check it out, gotta save some $$$ for the Highlander-Grant fight.
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 10:58 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
NBrooks5 wrote:

Don't hold ur breath on Rocky doing anything but being a disappointment.

With no belt on the line he should come up big.
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:08 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Fuck this dumbass fight. This fight shouldn't have gotten made after Diaz lost to Paulie. Katsides would have been a better opponent for either fighter.

The undercard looks great.

Marquez-Diaz II should be action packed, but it's just not PPV worthy. Diaz was giving JMM hell in the earlier rounds of their first fight before Marquez found the range and knocked him out. I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Baby Bull avioding Marquez big shots this time, and winning a decision over the aging Marquez.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:25 am

not a fight im enthused about but ill watch via a stream and root for diaz to win impressively i hope..
Back to top Go down
Ring
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 11:41 am

dmar5143 wrote:
not a fight im enthused about but ill watch via a stream and root for diaz to win impressively i hope..

Marquez-Diaz II should be a good scrap dmar (just not on PPV). Robert Guerrero on the undercard is one of my favs, I hope he stomps a mudhole in Casamayor's ass.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:45 am

The Tubby Bull will be beaten worse than he was the first time. This fight will be ugly and probably be Diaz' last big fight. He's quickly approaching gatekeeper status.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday   Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday Empty

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz on HBO PPV next Saturday
Page 1 of 1