Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters Empty
PostSubject: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters   Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:37 pm

Fight fans will be able to see the Juan Manuel Marquez-Juan Diaz lightweight title rematch, and the accompanying undercard, live on July 31 in nearly 300 movie theaters around the country thanks to the continuing relationship between promoter Golden Boy and NCM Fathom. This will be the fourth fight Golden Boy and NCM Fathom have brought to the big screen, following on the heels of Floyd Mayweather's bouts with Juan Manuel Marquez and Shane Mosley and the Bernard Hopkins-Roy Jones rematch. "Seeing a battle like this on the big screen is an incredible front-row experience for fans who love to experience the thrill of boxing matches in their local movie theater," said NCM Fathom vice president Dan Diamond. "This rematch between two great champions on 40-foot screens and in HD is as close to being ring-side as you can get."

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/notebook/_/id/5364837/bob-arum-letting-juan-manuel-lopez-yuriorkis-gamboa-marinate
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters   Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:38 pm

I haven't checked but I'd venture to guess none of the theaters is going to be near Richmond, Virginia.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters   Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:41 pm

Have any of u guys checked out a fight at a theater yet?? How was it??
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters   Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:44 pm

not yet, I think it would be alot of fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters   Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:47 pm

It's a great card on paper, if your local theater is showing it you should try and catch it.

July 31
At Las Vegas (HBO PPV):
Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Juan Diaz, rematch, 12 rounds, for Marquez's Ring/WBO/WBA lightweight title; Daniel Jacobs vs. Dmitry Pirog, 12 rounds, for vacant WBO middleweight title; Joel Casamayor vs. Robert Guerrero, 10 rounds, junior welterweights; Jorge Linares vs. Rocky Juarez, 10 rounds, lightweights; Frankie Gomez vs. TBA, 4 rounds, junior welterweights; Sakio Bika vs. Jean Paul Mendy, 12 rounds, IBF super middleweight eliminator; George Groves vs. Alfredo Contreras, 8 rounds, super middleweights
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters   Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:54 pm

timthebim wrote:
Have any of u guys checked out a fight at a theater yet?? How was it??

not yet, but have heard good things from a friend who saw Floyd vs Marquez last year at the movies

really thinking about hitting this card up, $12-15 tix should be worth it

I hope I aint moving during this weekend so I can make it lol
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters   Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 7:59 pm

captainanddew wrote:
I haven't checked but I'd venture to guess none of the theaters is going to be near Richmond, Virginia.

Just type in your Zip Code in the upper right hand corner and click on Buy Tickets it'll show you the theaters near you.

http://www.fathomevents.com/sports/event/marquez_vs_diaz.aspx
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters   Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 8:14 pm

Damn it 100 miles away from where I live at the least. Not doable.

Really sucks. It is a card definitely worth 15 bucks to see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters   Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters Empty

Back to top Go down

Juan Manuel Marquez vs Juan Diaz rematch to be shown in movie theaters
Page 1 of 1