Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa

Go down 
+2
NJBeatdown86
Birdofthad
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa Empty
PostSubject: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:01 am

Celestino "Pelenchín" Caballero of Panama has continued the verbal assault on Puerto Rican colleague Juan Manuel López, current world featherweight (126 pounds) champion of the WBO.

And the fact is, for Caballero, "Juanma" López is nothing more than a coward who built his record (29-0, 26 nocauts) by facing fighters that he could bully in the ring.

"I continue think that López is a chicken. For two years I've been challenging him to a fight and he does not dare to face me because he knows that I am going to knock him out easy," indicated Caballero.

The statements of Caballero were given barely a few hours after López managed to retain his world featherweight title, after knocking out Philippine contender Bernabé Conception in two rounds on night on Saturday in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Lopez will now face Rafael Marquez on September 18 in Las Vegas.

"Now López calls on Márquez who is already beaten up. Why doesn't he collide with the 'Tower of the Hell' if is a man?," added Caballero.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=29212
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 12:09 am

I am positive know, Caballero will knock the shit out of JuanMa
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:06 am

Pelenchin needs to write a diss song and call out JuanMa, Gamboa, Rojas and all the other guys ducking him.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:10 am

its athetic how many guys duck Caballero

does anyone in this division have some fucking balls
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:15 am

That seems to be the theme of the sport these days: keep the fights in-house and don't risk a guys record, even if its against a world-class opponent like Caballero. Sickening.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:21 am

agree NJ but you think atleast someone would have the fucking balls to step up to the plate
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:54 am

no one is going to fight Caballero. A fight against Caballero isn't going to generate enough additional money for Arum to let his boys get in the ring with him. It is that simple.

Pathetic, but that is the way it is.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:05 pm

Quit your bitching and make this happen then:

BoxingScene.com has been advised that featherweight contender Celestino Caballero (34-2, 23KOs) is ready, willing and able to accept the challenge of WBO super bantamweight champion Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. (19-0, 16KOs). During a recent interview with Puerto Rican publication Primera Hora, Vazquez said he was ready to challenge the big names - including Caballero.

"I would like to fight them all. I'll fight anyone. I'm not one who goes out there to shout that I am the best. To me, this is my job and I take it seriously," Vazquez said to Primera Hora.

Caballero is certainly interested in the fight.

"I respect Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. for having the balls to call me out.....bigger balls than [Yuriorkis] Gamboa and Juanma [Lopez]. His fathter was a great fighter and I will continue his father's work by beating him like his daddy. Congratulations to him though, at least he's a man," Caballero said.

Caballero's promoter Lou DiBella plans to explore this further by reaching out to Vazquez's promoter Tuto Zabala of All Star Boxing.

"Wilfredo Jr. is a charismatic young champion. He's a good looking, personable kid with warrior bloodlines. It would be a terrific fight and one that I'm sure that I can negotiate with his promoter, Tuto Zaballa," DiBella said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28234
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:20 pm

Id love to see that match up

Wilfredo Jr might be too young for him, but you know he'll bring it

Id pay for that little PPV
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:22 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Id love to see that match up

Wilfredo Jr might be too young for him, but you know he'll bring it

Id pay for that little PPV

So instead of waiting for guys that aren't interested in you just fight the guy in the division with a name that is. To me the mathematics are simple. Keep calling out who you really want but stay active and continuing to build your fan base.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:28 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
So instead of waiting for guys that aren't interested in you just fight the guy in the division with a name that is. To me the mathematics are simple. Keep calling out who you really want but stay active and continuing to build your fan base.

No doubt, hopefully DBE and Tuto Zabala are working on this as we speak!

Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:38 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcoreBEE24 wrote:

No doubt, hopefully DBE and Tuto Zabala are working on this as we speak!

I doubt it. 122 and 126 have alot of fights that could be made and he's just not making them. He seems to only want gamboa or Juanma.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:43 pm

True

but if you want to stay in the spotlight, got to fight like you said, no point in being the featherweight Paul Williams chasing fights that will never happen

Williams wants Pac or Floyd, Caballero wants JuanMa or Gamboa

Move the fuck on!
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:48 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
True

but if you want to stay in the spotlight, got to fight like you said, no point in being the featherweight Paul Williams chasing fights that will never happen

Williams wants Pac or Floyd, Caballero wants JuanMa or Gamboa

Move the fuck on!

You're absolutely right. I just think these guys feel entitled to the fight they want so that's why I said I doubt it, the game doesn't work like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 2:59 pm

Is it really worth Caballero's time facing Jr ? he's not in the same division and isn't a household name yet, if Caballero lost he'll never get the chance to face Gamboa or JuanMa.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Is it really worth Caballero's time facing Jr ? he's not in the same division and isn't a household name yet, if Caballero lost he'll never get the chance to face Gamboa or JuanMa.

That's what makes this stuff interesting. He says he'll beat Vazquez jr and there is no other fight on the horizon for him with Gamboa or Juan Ma. They're both locked up for about three more fights if they continue to win.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:16 pm

I dont think he gets the chance at all

Thats the point

Wilfredo is a name in PR, already a PPV staple, go to Puerto Rico, get paid, a nice win on his resume, still remains a viable fighter

Instead of releasing press releases hoping Arum will consider him as an opponent

As we said for Williams, no reason to go the Winky Wright route
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:17 pm

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

That's what makes this stuff interesting. He says he'll beat Vazquez jr and there is no other fight on the horizon for him with Gamboa or Juan Ma. They're both locked up for about three more fights if they continue to win.

+1
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 3:18 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
I dont think he gets the chance at all

Thats the point

Wilfredo is a name in PR, already a PPV staple, go to Puerto Rico, get paid, a nice win on his resume, still remains a viable fighter

Instead of releasing press releases hoping Arum will consider him as an opponent

As we said for Williams, no reason to go the Winky Wright route

You are correct sir.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:19 pm

What is with guys these days? PW turns down good money fights so he can chase a pot of gold at the end of the Pac/Mayweather rainbow.

Juan Ma and Gamboa. I'm sick of the way Arum is handling them. It was over a year ago that talk was heating up about having them eventually fight. Bob kept saying that fight had to build. Build-you could build a skyscraper by the time those two guys will fight. Arum is milking each for all the money he can make, and eventually one or both of them is going to lose and kill the fight.

And Caballero could not take a cent and Arum wouldn't put either guy in with him.

Back to top Go down
RUM CAPITAL
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
RUM CAPITAL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Carlos Ortiz,Henry Armstrong and Wilfredo Gomez

PostSubject: wtf? isn't that the smething gamboa and lopez are being criticized for.   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:27 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

isn't that the samething gamboa and lopez are being criticized for???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:54 pm

RUM CAPITAL wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

isn't that the samething gamboa and lopez are being criticized for???

No, HBO has offered to pay for Caballero vs both men. Caballero was the #1 Super Bantamweight when he started calling out JuanMa who was the WBO trinket holder, there was nobody left to fight apart from each other and instead JuanMa ducked him and moved to Featherweight.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:51 pm

Is Vasquez Jr. willing to fight at 126? I understand he mentioned Caballero, but has there been any actual effort to make the fight? Caballero is not comfortable going back to 122 from what I understand.

He is doing what Williams should be doing. He has tried to go after the Top 10 at 126 and says he's willing to go to 130 for a fight. No one's been willing to fight him. What's wrong with one of the best wanting to fight the best? Isn't that the point of boxing?

He's calling out JuanMa because he's been calling out JuanMa. He's had a legitimate claim to that fight for a while now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa   Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa Empty

Back to top Go down

Celestino Caballero continues to call out JuanMa
Page 1 of 1