Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez

Go down 
+3
powerpuncher
Canvas
Birdofthad
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez Empty
PostSubject: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:32 pm

BoxingScene.com received a call from a furious Lou DiBella, who wanted to respond to an earlier story pertaining to the negotiations to make a featherweight fight between Celestino Caballero and Yuriorkis Gamboa for July 24 on HBO. In an earlier story, Gamboa's promoter Bob Arum claimed Caballero priced himself out, and WBC champion Elio Rojas is now the frontrunner to face Gamboa on that HBO date.

DiBella, who promotes Caballero, denies the claim. According to DiBella, Top Rank only offered a package of $250,000 for the fight, which is not much higher than what Caballero made for some of recent opponents, like Daud Yordan. Rojas, according to DiBella, was offered more money than Caballero. DiBella did not disclose the number, but other sources indicate Rojas may have been offered $300,000.

"Caballero is ready to fight Gamboa right now and HBO knows it and so does Top Rank. The highest they offered me was a $250K package for a guy who has two belts and ranked in everyone's top pound for pound list. It has nothing to do with money. They told HBO they weren't interested in the fight. They never made me an offer higher than $250K to split with the fighter, which is absurd," DiBella told BoxingScene.com.

"And on top of that, Gamboa's manager, Tony Gonzalez, in front of WBA officials, approached Caballero about a month ago in Panama. Caballero said 'let's make this fight' and Gonzalez told him Gamboa is not interested unless there is a million dollars on the table for Gamboa. So you tell me who priced themselves out of the fight? HBO knows the fight is not happening because Gamboa's people are not interested right no
w."

"In all fairness to Arum, it may be a matter of him not believing there is enough money being offered by the network to make the fight, but then don't dare say my fighter, who is taking the short-end of the stick, with two belts and is a pound for pound guy, priced himself out. They told HBO they weren't interested in the fight and I got that directly from HBO. And Gary Shaw said Rafael Marquez is not interested in Caballero either."

BoxingScene received a statement from Caballero which said the following - "Gamboa, Juanma and [Rafael] Marquez, they all know who the elite featherweight is, and if they all think I'm beatable, then fight me."

Moving forward, DiBella plans to explore a possible fight with WBO super bantamweight champion Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. or a fight with WBA champion Chris John.

"We might take a look at Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. at a catch-weight or see if he's interested in coming up. There are other possibilities out there. Caballero would go up to 130 for the right fight. If Chris John plans on fighting on American soil again, we'll fight him too," DiBella said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28072
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:58 pm

I think poor Caballero is ducked by pretty much everyone and from what I have seen he is a legit game long lanky fighter who is not one to be taken lightly or fucked with

hoep he will get his big match some day
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:29 am

I've been impressed with Caballero ever since I watched him destroy Steve molitor.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:52 am

i agree. people are ducking him. he is the man at feather right now. JML and gamboa need to step up now and fight him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:31 am

Unfortunately, Chris John's still the man at feather. I'm a big Caballero fan and agree he's being avoided. Do you guys think Jeff Mayweather will help him? If he gets Rojas on tv, it will be good exposure for both guys and hopefully make the winner an impossible to avoid fighter.
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:33 am

i dont think that john is being avoided. i think that he has been avoiding people for a long time.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:24 pm

Nobody wants to fuck with Pelenchin, what a shame
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:22 pm

Vazquez Jr. is not ready for this test yet. I hope he doesn't take this fight.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:27 pm

I'd love to see Escalante vs Pelenchin!!!!
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, JMM, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:13 pm

It's sad, but it's true, I don't think anyone wants to see Caballero right now. The guy is a freakish 5'10", with a long reach, he has a great beard and has power. I wouldn't want to fight him either unless they made the money worth my while!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:16 pm

isnt it crazy Freddie the guys 5'10 but seems like hes 6'3 and your right, I have seen him absolutely cracked and he just shakes it off like nothing

its sad cause he is one of the freaks of the sport that is talented and he doesnt really get his due
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:20 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
isnt it crazy Freddie the guys 5'10 but seems like hes 6'3 and your right, I have seen him absolutely cracked and he just shakes it off like nothing

its sad cause he is one of the freaks of the sport that is talented and he doesnt really get his due

Hell ya, he seems so damn tall because the guys he's fighting are normal height! LOL! Dude has an amazing chin and power to go with it, I think he beats all of them. Gamboa relies on being faster and stronger, but if Caballero lands he could put him to sleep with his power, Gamboa has been KD 4 times already. Against Lopez, he would probably walk him down and finish him late. Marquez would be a good fight too, but I still think the size and reach would be too much to overcome. It's sad because these are the fights that need to get made in order to keep the fans happy!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:23 pm

I agree Caballero definitely makes Gamboa taste canvas and we saw how Juanma did vs Mtagwa, Caballero would be his worst nightmare
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:25 pm

I agree with you Bird, it wouldn't look good, but I would love to watch all of these fights!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:29 pm

same they would be wars, thats the other thing, I havent seen Caballero in a stinker yet same with Juanma and Gamboa
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:30 pm

You gotta love DiBella. He sticks up for all of his fighters. And he did the right thing with Jermain by letting him know where he stood.

As for Arum, he's getting slimier and slimier in his old age. He's almost reaching Don King proportions.

Gamboa and Lopez need to step in the ring with Caballero at some point, but I think Rafa has earned the right to fight who he chooses at this point.
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:32 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:
You gotta love DiBella. He sticks up for all of his fighters. And he did the right thing with Jermain by letting him know where he stood.

As for Arum, he's getting slimier and slimier in his old age. He's almost reaching Don King proportions.

Gamboa and Lopez need to step in the ring with Caballero at some point, but I think Rafa has earned the right to fight who he chooses at this point.

100% agree! Rafa can fight whoever, but damn I would still love to see Rafa vs Caballero! That would be an all out war!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:33 pm

Rafa should stay away from Caballero and go fuck up Vic Darchinyans world
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:35 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

I would love to see that fight, I can't believe Vic said that he wanted to fight Rafa LOL! I doubt it happens though, it'll be just like the Donaire rematch!
Back to top Go down
NBrooks5
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
NBrooks5

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny, JMM, Casamayor and Katsidis

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

He could do both.

Caballero is good, I don't argue that. But he isn't invincible.

It's good to see you hear Freddie.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:38 pm

ya man who wouldve thought Donaire would be so uimprtant and do nothing with his win over VIc,

I honestly want to see Rafa fight Agbeko, Vic obviously believes he can knock out anyone but weve seen that isnt the case, rAFA GOES TO TOWN ON viC imo
Back to top Go down
freddie1437
White Belt
White Belt
freddie1437

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 5:39 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

He could do both.

Caballero is good, I don't argue that. But he isn't invincible.

It's good to see you hear Freddie.

It's good to be here with out all the BS on ESPN message boards, that place really went to shit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:49 pm

Why is it lanky fighters who're always having difficulty finding fights.

You've got Caballero,Ali Funeka and Paul Williams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:51 pm

NBrooks5 wrote:

Yup, Bob's definitely(copyright Lennox Lewis) getting more sinister in his old age.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez   Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez Empty

Back to top Go down

Celestino Caballero being ducked by Gamboa,JuanMa and Marquez
Page 1 of 1