Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?

Go down 
+2
KrazyHorseBennett
NoRegret
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? Empty
PostSubject: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:22 pm

I am probably stupid for doing it cause no doubt some new advanced technology will come around in five years time, but what the heck I love movies.

So I've upgraded Braveheart,Terminator 2,Saving Private Ryan and Band Of Brothers.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:37 pm

I dont have blu-ray Sad
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 2:02 pm

I still have like 115 vhs tapes of boxing. I totally lost steam in converting it all and now I'm looking for someone to come take them all off of my hands.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 3:22 pm

no blu ray for me
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Krazy send em to me and Ill convertem for both of us and send you converted DVDS
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 3:46 pm

Yep. I got rid of all my DVDs a while back except for a few collector's edition type shit. All blu-ray now
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:05 pm

can you tell a difference bobbitt?
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:05 pm

ya krazy and bird i can convert for both of ya if ya want.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:07 pm

hell yes bird you can tell a diff. if you watch a movie in bed its bright as fuck no joke!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:08 pm

i can get your vhs to 720 thats about it.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:13 pm

hmmm so you would say blu ray is worth it
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:14 pm

yes
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
can you tell a difference bobbitt?

No question. Not even comparable if you're talking about movies that have really great visuals. I'm sure it doesn't make that big of a difference on older films though that are pretty grainy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 8:53 pm

The thing I like about Blu Ray is the majority of them are re-polished and re-mastered by the directors, they improve the picture and sound.

I can't wait till Indiana Jones comes to Blu Ray.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:09 pm

Josh and Bird. ....

How you wanna do this? I'll have to send them Media Mail through USPS because that will be the cheapest option. If I try to go UPS it will cost a mint.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 10:55 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
I still have like 115 vhs tapes of boxing. I totally lost steam in converting it all and now I'm looking for someone to come take them all off of my hands.
KHB,
I had all my fights and sparring videos on VHS. My wife made me throw them out and then like 2 months later I find out the kid that mows my lawn converts them to DVD. I am so old I acted shocked that this technology exsisted at a reasonable cost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?   Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you started to upgrade your dvd collection to Blu Ray ?
Page 1 of 1