Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Started at a Judo place

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

Started at a Judo place Empty
PostSubject: Started at a Judo place   Started at a Judo place EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:25 am

I was driving around about a week ago, smoking a blunt honestly, and saw a building that said Judo so I checked it out and they ended up having 5 dollar classes so i decided to do it, been doing it for about 2 weeks now really just wanted to do it cause I have boxed, done and learned some catch wrestling and figured learning some judo sounded fun and couldnt hurt.

So honestly though the first week was seriously alot of rolling around and practicing akido type stuff (Steven Segal hand slap type crap but think more embarrassing) and I was kind of questioning continuing the stuff but figured what the hell, this week we did shrimping, more rolls and falls and basic judo grips for grappling and all that shit (sorry I cant remember the proper terms for the life of me). For the most part its surprisingly women in the session because they sell it as judo/self defense, but there are really like 6 girls and 4 guys including me in there. I am the tallest in class but the smallest by far Im 5'11 (an honest 5'11) and 155 when Im soaking wet, 147 is lowest ive weighed lately (last 6 months) and the other guys in the class are well over 200, 2 out of shape 1 good size . Today was the first day they had us grapple against each so I was pretty anxious.

Add in I took a xanax and got shit faced night before and this was at noon the next day (today) we warmed up for a hour then they had us start back to back and "go" from there. Start grappling, the purpose of the drill was for you to try to achieve some judo position on your opponent "qesa something" honestly from this position your in side mount and have the opponent in a headlock and control their closest arm. I went against the biggest dude the first time and got his got him in quesa whatever in under a minute and even surprised myself. I ended up judo throwing him from regular grip and locking him up (its basically a perfect spot to get a can opener or arm triangle choke from side) both times we went against each other.

We switched partners 2 more times and I did the same to both the other guys I went against and afterwords the instructor said that I should come in more and think about doing Judo tournaments so I think Im going to do it. Id I do follow through and do this I want 2 rep ninjasplace on my gi. I also might protest and demand that I be allowed to wear a speedo and ninjasplace.com can go on that (ass or crotch whichever yall prefer). THere is some big judo grappling tournament friday through sunday this weekend in dallas so I am going to go check it out and see if I really want to do this. I quit boxing (and now judge it) because getting hit in the head wasnt all that fun and wrestling was just a little too much putting my hand up a dudes ass to really want to get all that into it (sorry Im not homophobic but the center to QB exchange and wrestling were without a doubt the 2 gayest things in childhood sportsdom that you came across, admit it). I might try out Judo though and I'll let ya know how it goes win or lose.
Back to top Go down

Started at a Judo place
Page 1 of 1