Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo

Go down 
+4
Primetyme199
killerofchicken
KingsOwn19
OU
8 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo Empty
PostSubject: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:18 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/4/20/2122530/satoshi-ishii-leaving-mma-to-return-to-judo
Satoshi Ishii, the prospect who was supposed to revive Japanese MMA has announced he's leaving the sport to return to Judo competition. He is working on getting American citizenship and hopes to compete for the American judo team in the 2016 Rio Olympics. Ishii won the gold medal at the Bejing Olympics in 2008 at age 21.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:26 pm

What a big waste of time. Seems like he just wanted some attention.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:55 pm

He wants to join the U.S. olympic judo team?

whyy?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 1:59 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
He wants to join the U.S. olympic judo team?

whyy?

I guess cause he already has a gold medal for Japan? I think the guy is just an attention whore.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:04 pm

That defeats the whole purpose of the olympics.

Let's hope all the best american basketball players don't decide to try to play for Spain in the Rio olympics.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:07 pm

if you get a medal for one country you cannot compete for another?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:10 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

Let's hope all the best american basketball players don't decide to try to play for Spain in the Rio olympics.

I remember during the World Cup their were brothers that played for 2 different countries. I know it was an issue between them because of it. If I remember right, one brother never lived in the country he was playing for. It's happened in other sports too.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:11 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

Why would you? How long has Ishii even been in the US?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:16 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

no i think thats actually an olympic rule type thing
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:17 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

No, I don't think there is any such rule.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:19 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

hmm... idk then i must be thinking of something else
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:23 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

hmm... idk then i must be thinking of something else

I think the World Cup has that rule. Pretty sure I remember hearing about it when Adu was making up his mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 2:25 pm

killerofchicken wrote:

Yes you can. As long as you become a citizen of another country you can compete for that country.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 3:59 pm

Giuseppe Rossi, a soccer player, was born in the US and plays for Italy in the FIFA Confederations Cup and almost made their World Cup squad. He scored 2 goals against the US in the 2009 Confed Cup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 4:15 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
Giuseppe Rossi, a soccer player, was born in the US and plays for Italy in the FIFA Confederations Cup and almost made their World Cup squad. He scored 2 goals against the US in the 2009 Confed Cup.

He never represented the US though. His father is Italian.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:29 pm

I know some bball or softball (can't remember which) chicks couldn't make the US team so they got citizenship in another country.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 7:32 pm

What I was saying was he was born in the US and went and got citizenship in another country and represented them. Athletes have done it in the past and will continue to do it.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:14 pm

Didn't Kaman play for a different country a couple years ago like a total dbag?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:46 am

jsut last Olympics one brother boxed for the US team and his brother boxed for Mexicos team.

Shit some guy went and played for Russia last Olympics yall dont remember that?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:37 am

OU wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

I remember during the World Cup their were brothers that played for 2 different countries. I know it was an issue between them because of it. If I remember right, one brother never lived in the country he was playing for. It's happened in other sports too.

Found it
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/world-cup-2010/2010/06/23/1991971/world-cup-2010-boateng-brothers-set-to-make-tournament
Germany manager Joachim Low has named Jerome Boateng in his starting side to make World Cup history when he faces off against Ghana star and brother Kevin-Prince Boateng.

I guess they are only half brothers and the guy does have a parent from Ghana. But he is still from Germany, half German and his brother plays for Germany.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:11 am

tx for clearing it out fellas, i just thought if you had a medal for one country that you could not compete for another... never mind tho
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 11:18 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/7/21/2287631/amazon-forest-combat-signs-ishii-vs-filho-wants-nate-marquardt-mma-news

Pride veteran Royler Gracie, who recently told
TATAME that he’ll no longer fight Eddie Bravo at ADCC 2011, is already
signed to fight at the event. The promoters tried to match him against Hideo Tokoro, who won Dream’s Bantamweight GP last weekend, but the fight probably won’t happen anymore, as they search for new opponents.
Another Pride vet, former WEC middleweight
champion Paulo Filho is set to fight at the event, and his opponent
will be Satoshi Ishii, Judo expert with a 4-1 record in MMA.
scratch
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Ishii was never leaving he just didn't want to fight the big boys.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:05 pm

Quote :
In April 2011, it was reported that Ishii will retire from MMA and return to judo. Surprisingly, he also stated that he plans to earn American citizenship and represent the US at the 2016 Olympic Games.

'member this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo   Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo Empty

Back to top Go down

Satoshi Ishii Leaving MMA to Return to Judo
Page 1 of 1