Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce Empty
PostSubject: Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce   Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:37 am

ARIEL HELWANI: “A lot of fans when they heard that you were around they’re like, wow, so, Paul isn’t involved in wrestling any more and he’s friends with Brock Lesnar. There were rumors at one time of you perhaps buying Strikeforce. Are you ever going to get into MMA? Because there’s a lot of people out who say this is the perfect guy to get into this sport.”

PAUL HEYMAN: “I don’t know. It’s… man, this is some brand here (UFC), you know, I mean the Fertittas and Dana White have built one hell of a brand. You know if I get into MMA, it ain’t going to be to compete with these guys because that’s just asking to get your ass kicked. Strikeforce was an interesting situation. At the time we had a group of people and a group of investors and a group of producers that wanted to get together and it looked like the right deal at the right time and at the last second it turned out not to be the right deal and so we are all friends. I have a lot of respect for Scott Coker. I have a lot of respect for the brand that he built and I have a lot of respect for all the growth that Strikeforce has experienced, you know, but to come up against these guys?”

ARIEL HELWANI: “No interest? I’m sure people come to you all the time, right?”

PAUL HEYMAN: “You got to be really well-financed. You got to have a long-term game plan. You got to have TOTAL network support. You know, I mean, listen, you know… if it’s interesting and if it’s there, yeah, you know. But I just… it would have to be all the pieces put together because these guys HAVE THEIR [expletive] TOGETHER. I mean, think of it this way: last year, UFC sold more PPVs domestically in the United States than the entire professional wrestling industry did on a worldwide basis. We’re just talking domestic against the pro-wrestling industry worldwide and these guys sold more PPVs domestically than wrestling worldwide. C’mon.”
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce   Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:52 am

Jesus, that'd be a circus.

Paul Heyman: "Hey guys lets bring in the chairs, barbwire, and tables! We'll have a hardcore match, no holds barred!"
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce   Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 11:57 am

NoRegret wrote:

Paul Heyman: "Hey guys lets bring in the chairs, barbwire, and tables! We'll have a hardcore match, no holds barred!"

He seems respectful to me.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce   Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 6:52 pm

Yeah, i actually remember reading that back in 2005 and 2006 when he was going for it.

Paul Heyman would not tamper, but if there is anything i know about Paul Heyman is that fighters better cash their checks quick...IF they even get checks at all.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce   Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 7:55 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
NoRegret wrote:

He seems respectful to me.

Idk if you ever watched pro wrestling, and or ever heard of ECW...he used to run that back in the day.

Very rarely did his wrestlers ever even get paid, as was already pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce   Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce Empty

Back to top Go down

Paul Heyman admits that he and a group of investors considered buying out Strikeforce
Page 1 of 1