Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani

Go down 
+4
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
josh200612
Andrew the Raider King
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani Empty
PostSubject: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 1:52 pm

After watching this, I think Heyman needs to get into MMA, which surprises me.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/08/16/the-mma-hour-live-with-paul-heyman-in-studio/
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:09 pm

ECW!
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:16 pm

LMAO! ECW, that is funny. Honestly, after watchin gthat, I thought he had very lucid thinking about what is what. It seems to me that he could bring some strong guidance to any promotion.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 3:23 pm

he is a good guy he interviews very well.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Paul Heyman is a great mind and voice for any promotion....but his inability to write a valid check will always prevent him from being high level.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 7:55 pm

Great interview although Paul definately told a few lies during it. He could be good on down the road for SF or Bellator as far as building up fighters. I loved the part where Wolf called in to bash Brock. Wolf you were dedicated to hang on the line for an hour to dog Brock.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 11:55 pm

I think that guy has spent too much time in pro wrestling. Any org that already has their ball rolling(SF Bellator) will not want this guy on board.

Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 12:07 am

hater!
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:40 am

Look Cap. Every time the Little Mermaid started going towards pro-wrestling, it was Paul who dragged HIM, the MMA guy back to the topic of MMA. As far as his ability to write a valid check? Back in the early days of ECW, his entire house was full of wrestlers who had nowhere to live. That promotion worked hard and nobody had a lot of money. Whatever money Paul Heyman and ECW earned went right back into the promotion. Eventually, they got solvent, but by the time they did the wrestling war between WCW and the WWE was in full swing and they couldn't hang on to their own stars. That is just business sometimes.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:37 pm

Andrew is spot-on regarding the ECW/money issue.

Paul Heyman didn't even work for WWF and he was so good that he forced a complete reworking of WWF's image to the "Attitude Era". They that intimidated by what a tiny little eastern promotion was doing.

Heyman was that talented. He knows how to sell a product.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:11 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Look Cap. Every time the Little Mermaid started going towards pro-wrestling, it was Paul who dragged HIM, the MMA guy back to the topic of MMA. As far as his ability to write a valid check? Back in the early days of ECW, his entire house was full of wrestlers who had nowhere to live. That promotion worked hard and nobody had a lot of money. Whatever money Paul Heyman and ECW earned went right back into the promotion. Eventually, they got solvent, but by the time they did the wrestling war between WCW and the WWE was in full swing and they couldn't hang on to their own stars. That is just business sometimes.

Of coarse he was bringing it back to MMA, he wants a job, and he knows that wrestling is done. Just like he made sure to note that their are 3 big players in the US MMA market(note that he left out WEC), those are the guys he want's to work for. But SF and Bellator have made themselves into legit org's without his help, they each continue to grow, do they now hire a guy whose hey day came with an industry that is now dieing? Plus the guy seemed pretty self important, and would be a major ego to bring on board. I just don't see either SF or Bellator bringing that guy in. Perhaps as an independent consultant(as he noted), but not as a key figure within the org.

But there are org's like KOTC, Shark, WOM, etc, that may be interested.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:31 pm

In that I agree to a point. But he has never been a traditionalist in wrestling. He even noted that when he got on board with ECW that they took some of their ideas from MMA. Sure he wants to work, but he isn't exactly going broke, I think in what he said about Carwin, was spot on and if you have someone like him working with "weak" personalities to help sell fights? It wouldn't be a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:41 pm

Well I think wanting to get back in with a major entertainment business is an ego thing, more then it is a money thing(and alot of time the money thing is an ego thing as well).

And as far as how his good ideas go, and how they parlay to MMA, the guy was talking about taking a dude straight from prison,with some level of jj training, and having him fight dawg the bounty hunter(yet he was wary of a Tank Abbott headlining bout?).

Like i said, the guy spent too much time in pro wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 4:34 pm

Dude Herschel Walker and James Toney are fighting in MMA. It is entertainment, the dog-n-pony shows we have to deal with are strictly there to garner the attention of the uninitiated.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 6:38 pm

I just watched the interview and I dont think he was out of line by mentioning anything at all. Captain he said a guy called him and said they needed a stunt and thats when he said get the guy out of prison. It wasnt really serious. He could definitely help out an organization in my opion but he has said it over and over he just doesnt know how yet. He has been offered work so people in MMA most think he is at least worth taking a shot on. BTW I cant wait for the Brock book to come out.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:01 pm

I agree with you Tim. I just hope the book isn't some schlock work.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:07 pm

captain organic wrote:

Of coarse he was bringing it back to MMA, he wants a job, and he knows that wrestling is done. Just like he made sure to note that their are 3 big players in the US MMA market(note that he left out WEC), those are the guys he want's to work for. But SF and Bellator have made themselves into legit org's without his help, they each continue to grow, do they now hire a guy whose hey day came with an industry that is now dieing? Plus the guy seemed pretty self important, and would be a major ego to bring on board. I just don't see either SF or Bellator bringing that guy in. Perhaps as an independent consultant(as he noted), but not as a key figure within the org.

SF needs Paul imo because they have no idea how to promote, direct, or produce a show. If you gave Paul two months with CBS/Showtime and Strikeforce fighters they would have an awesome show. He would make 10 other guys popular alone just from a production stand point. It would be like ten guys coming out to the cage like Mayhem Miller, but in there own way. Average MMA fans and Pro Wrestling fans would eat it up. I agree with a Dog Chapman fight because that stuff brings in average viewers who would never have watched in the first place. I would hate to see Dog fight though. He is too old, but it would have been funny. Now I would love to see Lashley fight Dog and the other two skinny mullet guys at the same time.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:32 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
captain organic wrote:

SF needs Paul imo because they have no idea how to promote, direct, or produce a show. If you gave Paul two months with CBS/Showtime and Strikeforce fighters they would have an awesome show. He would make 10 other guys popular alone just from a production stand point. It would be like ten guys coming out to the cage like Mayhem Miller, but in there own way. Average MMA fans and Pro Wrestling fans would eat it up. I agree with a Dog Chapman fight because that stuff brings in average viewers who would never have watched in the first place. I would hate to see Dog fight though. He is too old, but it would have been funny. Now I would love to see Lashley fight Dog and the other two skinny mullet guys at the same time.

LOL
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:44 pm

He is essentially the Ultimate Used Car Salesman. He could work face and procurement for a lot of different places.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:05 am

timthebim wrote:
I just watched the interview and I dont think he was out of line by mentioning anything at all. Captain he said a guy called him and said they needed a stunt and thats when he said get the guy out of prison. It wasnt really serious. He could definitely help out an organization in my opion but he has said it over and over he just doesnt know how yet. He has been offered work so people in MMA most think he is at least worth taking a shot on. BTW I cant wait for the Brock book to come out.

but who was he offered work by? (and how long ago was it?)

I could see a smaller org giving him a shot. I don't see SF or Bellator looking to hire him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani   Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani Empty

Back to top Go down

Paul Heyman on Ariel Helwani
Page 1 of 1