Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fight of the Season!

Go down 
+8
GDPofDRC
MMAEYES
bobbitt15
KingsOwn19
Bigs03
KrazyHorseBennett
Birdofthad
NoRegret
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

Fight of the Season! Empty
PostSubject: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 9:53 pm

Court Mcghee vs. Brad Tavares.

Great fuckin fight...loved every second of it...like Dana White said at the end...that was worthy of being the finale fight. Great fight.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:01 pm

it was good fight
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:03 pm

I was flipping between that and the hockey game.

Must have missed all the good parts because it seemed boring as shit to me. Fill me in.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:05 pm

good stand up, traded nut shotss, good choke out

not ana ll time great fight but the best of this season
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:07 pm

Who won? I went away, came back and it was over.

GO HAWKS, MOTHERFUCKER.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:09 pm

court mcgee choked him out after landing 2 nutshots in like a 25 second period, then got a big left hand followed by a slam to an RNC with 20 seconds left in the 3rd, Tavares went to sleep
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Wow.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:17 pm

God, Sideshow Bob is a straight up bitch.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 10:18 pm

ya he punked out on that one
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:25 am

It was a good fight. Both guys were timid at first but in the 3rd they turned it up a notch. Nice sub for Court. Court wins the finale easy.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:30 am

I thought this was going to be about a real season...i thought this was gonna be about Bellator..

I thought somebody was actually going to wanna discuss Pat Curran/Toby Imada manana. The fight that was not getting any pub despite Curran recording the win nobody thought would happen with Heurta facing a relative unknown. Instead we are talking about...who are we talking about?

boy, my face looks like it did when my dad gave me a brick for christmas when i was 6.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:33 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
I thought this was going to be about a real season...i thought this was gonna be about Bellator..

I thought somebody was actually going to wanna discuss Pat Curran/Toby Imada manana. The fight that was not getting any pub despite Curran recording the win nobody thought would happen with Heurta facing a relative unknown. Instead we are talking about...who are we talking about?

boy, my face looks like it did when my dad gave me a brick for christmas when i was 6.

We'll be talking about that tomorrow night, when it happens. TUF just happened so obviously there is some talk about it.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:42 am

I must've missed the day when they made the rule that you couldn't watch TUF and Bellator you had to pick one or the other lol
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:46 am

what in the world are you talking about john wayne bobbitt?...i never said such thing.

i was just saying i, reasonably, clicked on the thread expecting a bellator thread and instead it was another thread about exhibition fights between.....uh, yeah.

I don't know where you got that from
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:56 am

The problem with discussing Bellator is that it comes on at different times for a bunch of people on here so its a pain the night of the fights
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:27 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
The problem with discussing Bellator is that it comes on at different times for a bunch of people on here so its a pain the night of the fights

Yep, sometimes it comes on at 7PM here, sometimes 11PM, sometimes 2AM. I usually record it and watch the next day.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:40 am

Bigs03 wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

Yep, sometimes it comes on at 7PM here, sometimes 11PM, sometimes 2AM. I usually record it and watch the next day.

Yeah that's why I usually stay away from threads about Bellator so nothing gets spoiled for me.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:02 pm

Court was on his way to a 30-27 win. He looked real impressive. I think he wins it all after taking out Tavarez.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:13 pm

are they doing three round fights now?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:23 pm

for the semi's it was three rounds.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:28 pm

I'm glad im not the only one who thought it was a good fight and that Court has been impressive. The majority of the board is really negative on this season...and I think its way better than last year as far as overall talent goes. Not any names like Roy Nelson, but as a whole its a good class this year.

Oh...and I love how the fighters on the show were raving about that marine that was in the corps for 23 years...the Dude was only a Sergeant after 23 years...that is shitty as fuck...im surprised he wasnt forced out a while back for taking so long to rank up.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:30 pm

NoRegret wrote:
I'm glad im not the only one who thought it was a good fight and that Court has been impressive. The majority of the board is really negative on this season...and I think its way better than last year as far as overall talent goes. Not any names like Roy Nelson, but as a whole its a good class this year.

Oh...and I love how the fighters on the show were raving about that marine that was in the corps for 23 years...the Dude was only a Sergeant after 23 years...that is shitty as fuck...im surprised he wasnt forced out a while back for taking so long to rank up.

The dude was 18 when he enlisted and is 41 now and still serving our country...a little respect for the man.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Court has definitely been impressive. I don't care what anyone says the show still does produce quality fighters. Court has pretty good hands, obviously has power, and has very good wrestling mixed with solid bjj from what i've seen. Plus his story of where he has come from in his life is pretty inspiring.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:38 pm

oggy420 wrote:
Court has definitely been impressive. I don't care what anyone says the show still does produce quality fighters. Court has pretty good hands, obviously has power, and has very good wrestling mixed with solid bjj from what i've seen. Plus his story of where he has come from in his life is pretty inspiring.

I think Josh Bryant will eventually be like a Matt Brown type guy. I think Tavares and a couple others will still be around in a couple years. I think we will have some decent talent off this show.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:43 pm

i agree. Josh Bryant is good, and i thought the 2nd fight with Savage was pretty close. Tavares is raw but shows a lot of potential.

Jager shouldn't even get a fight on the finale. Fucking quitter. Talks all that shit and quits on the stool? Tito was actually right that guy is a pussy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fight of the Season!   Fight of the Season! Empty

Back to top Go down

Fight of the Season!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next