Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends

Go down 
+13
LA
CombatSports4Life
bobbitt15
LTFG
r3dman7630
Wolfgangsta
GDPofDRC
boomer sooner
OU
NoRegret
ohiovol62
MMAEYES
oggy420
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:32 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I can't even say the sentence "Fedor needs to beat Brock to prove he is the best" without laughing. I find it hilarious. Gets me every time.

Ya, a guy that has spent a lifetime beating up guys has to prove himself against a guy with 6 fights and 2 elite level wins in order to be the GOAT. Where do you stop?

Jordan doesn't have to come back and beat Kobe in 1 on 1 to prove to me he's better. He's earned his repect.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:40 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:
I can't even say the sentence "Fedor needs to beat Brock to prove he is the best" without laughing. I find it hilarious. Gets me every time.

Ya, a guy that has spent a lifetime beating up guys has to prove himself against a guy with 6 fights and 2 elite level wins in order to be the GOAT. Where do you stop?

Jordan doesn't have to come back and beat Kobe in 1 on 1 to prove to me he's better. He's earned his repect.

lol that is extremely insulting to Kobe, he put in years of work as one of the best in the game. You are giving Brock way too much credit in that statement.
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:50 pm

You're right. It's the only comparison I could come up with in a short time frame. lol

What is more approprate would be, Jordan doesn't have to play Derrick Rose to prove himself as the best Bulls guard of all time.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:53 pm

It seems a lot more comfortable for big Fedor fans to watch him walk away rather than take on those fights that could derail his legacy. If Fedor were to come to the UFC and lost to one of those guys, what would their excuse be then? I'm not saying that it would mean Fedor doesn't have a better resume, but it would mean that he lost a fight to the new breed. Resume isn't everything...

Comparing old athletes to modern era athletes is ridiculous too. Fedor is still supposedly in his prime. How would we feel about Federer if he never entered a tournament against Nadal? How would we feel about Tiger if he never went head to head with Anthony Kim? Would we be saying it doesn't matter because they have nothing to prove?

And people keep talking about Timmy and AA... Timmy struggles to take out a WSM competitor and AA can't win a fight to save his life. Neither would likely even be on a PPV undercard if they were allowed to fight in the UFC at this point. They have nothing for the new crop of HW's and it's ridiculous to use that argument...

Look, I am a huge Fedor fan, but I'm also a realist. And him bailing out while still supposedly in his prime and avoiding huge fights that could be trouble for him would indeed leave objective people scratching their heads. In the past it has always been about M1 and contract issues and now he suddenly wants to go politician... scratch
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:59 pm

Avoiding the big fights? You think he is ducking anyone? I don't think there is a man alive Fedor would be scared to see in the cage. In a perfect world the crazy Russians and Dana wouldn't be a factor, but in reality they are the only factors.
Forgive me if Brock still hasn't proven to be an all time elite HW in my book. But it takes better then a 4-1 record to do that. Brock has a couple good wins and that is a start.
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:01 pm

I hope he doesn't but I suppose everyone has to leave the game sometime, except Couture of course.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:08 pm

Damn I got to stop working during the day

Well this would suck I guess is all I can say

Fedor never fighting in the UFC would be a huge downer for me.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Gee I thought Fedor would have looked forward to a bout against Antoni Hardonk or Stefan Struve. What would be funny is if they got cut, signed with SF and had to fight Fedor. Then they would miracle to the top 10 and everyone would defend them. Oh well, go to politics, GOATboy, you aren't doing much for the sport anyhow, according to the numbers.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:14 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Avoiding the big fights? You think he is ducking anyone? I don't think there is a man alive Fedor would be scared to see in the cage. In a perfect world the crazy Russians and Dana wouldn't be a factor, but in reality they are the only factors.
Forgive me if Brock still hasn't proven to be an all time elite HW in my book. But it takes better then a 4-1 record to do that. Brock has a couple good wins and that is a start.

Sooners, I'm not saying that Brock or anyone else is better or is an all-time elite. Listen to what I'm saying...

Fedor is still in his prime, right? This era of fighters is deeper and better than ever before, right? And the vast majority of those fighters reside where? And where is the one place he has never stepped foot and can't seem to find a way to get to? Last I heard, fighters were still in charge of themselves... Using the managers is a joke to me. Athletes fire people all the time for not having their best interests at heart. All I'm saying is if he retires during his prime without taking a spin in the UFC, the whispers are going to turn into screams...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:17 pm

So you think it is entirely Fedor's choice that he hasn't fought in the UFC?
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:22 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:

He's in control... They don't have a gun to his head. He could cut ties with Finky and M1 any time if he really wanted to. Now, if it comes out that Dana was only offering 50K a fight and he had to cover all his own expenses, then I understand. But we know that isn't a likely scenario...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:24 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

He's in control... They don't have a gun to his head. He could cut ties with Finky and M1 any time if he really wanted to. Now, if it comes out that Dana was only offering 50K a fight and he had to cover all his own expenses, then I understand. But we know that isn't a likely scenario...

I disagree, I don't think it is in Fedor's hands...bet hey neither of us really know the situation. You have your theory and I have mine. I don't believe for a second Fedor feels threatened or scared in any way of any fighter in the UFC. I don't think he is playing it safe, but hey that is just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Well, we agree to disagree... But with neither of us ever being a professional athlete and having to worry about contractural obligations to managers and promotions, we can't really know the whole truth. What I do find odd though, is we hear all the time about other athletes firing their teams and moving on when their best interests aren't being met...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:31 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Well, we agree to disagree... But with neither of us ever being a professional athlete and having to worry about contractural obligations to managers and promotions, we can't really know the whole truth. What I do find odd though, is we hear all the time about other athletes firing their teams and moving on when their best interests aren't being met...

How many of those athletes were Russian? What do we really know about his managers? I'm just saying I know I don't know the whole story. I just think there is more to it.
I agree though. We can just agree to disagree here.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Now that I think about it, the timing for this is a bit odd
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 5:53 pm

why?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 6:26 pm

lol, he aint gon retire
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:10 pm

man what is that gif of exactly?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 7:50 pm

Mine? The nWo(famous wrestling stable) 13 years later
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Gee I thought Fedor would have looked forward to a bout against Antoni Hardonk or Stefan Struve. What would be funny is if they got cut, signed with SF and had to fight Fedor. Then they would miracle to the top 10 and everyone would defend them. Oh well, go to politics, GOATboy, you aren't doing much for the sport anyhow, according to the numbers.

Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:01 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

Even though you play the rusty trombone on Fedor, that is fucking hysterical! Now go back to tonguing the ass and jerking the cock.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:50 pm

ohiovol62 wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
The UFC HW division has a whole new breed of big, bad grapplers and Fedor needs to test that before he retires to cement that legacy. He bails and never steps foot in the UFC during this time of MMA evolution and there will be many that will criticize his career, including a lot that never have in the past. This isn't MMA 2004... He must take on the likes of Brock, Carwin, Cain and/or JDS before retiring to go down as the undisputed GOAT... Beating Werdum and Overeem isn't the same as beating the UFC guys. The BS that we saw a couple of years ago about Fedor ducking the UFC will be mild in comparison to what we'll see if he follows through with this...

Fedor has nothing more to prove himself as the GOAT. You MIGHT argue that he isn't the best right this second, but there is no way shape or form guys like Brock or Cawin can hold a candle to Fedor's resume all time.

And why is it the Fedor has to prove himself to challegers. Challegers need to prove themselves against Champs. Shane has one quality win and Fedor has to prove himself to him? Usually speaking, Challegers must prove themselves worthy to face the champ and IMO the only HWs in the UFC that have are JDS and Brock and JDS isn't even in the conversation in the UFC.

Clearly the UFC is deeper at all levels then everyone else but the arguement that if you arn't in the UFC, you suck, is short sited. Timmy and AA left the UFC on their own accord and have been shit canned. Hendo was the #1 challenger in the UFC and lost his first fight out of the UFC.

Werdum is easily a 7-9 guy in the top 10 and Fedor fighting him is no different than Brock fighting Randy or Shane fighting GG or for that matter Mur so why the double standard?

Dana is just as much to blame for this as M1. Dana coulda wraped this deal up in 07 but he didn't in favor of acting like an ass.

Fedor will be the GOAT if he goes with this and retires. Fedor will be the undisputed GOAT if he goes to the UFC and wins 3 fights and retires. My problem is I am a fan first and get upset when he doesn't go fight the best when he says that is what he has wanted to do the past few years. I just want him to do it so I don't have to listen to GSP and Silva comparisons buy a retard in the future. I have friends that still say Fedor isn't top 5 because he hasn't fought in the UFC and they always shoot down AA and Sylvia. That pisses me off so bad.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 11:58 pm

LikesToFightGuy wrote:
OUSOONERSOU wrote:

Sooners is in complete denial. You could show him a contract that DW would blow everyone at M-1 and offer Fedor big money and he would still blame someone at UFC. Well put LTFG!
Back to top Go down
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:29 am

Kimbo is good for numbers. Guess he's doing more for the sport than Fedor huh? Troll
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 3:08 am

I read an article on Sherdog today that said he plans to continue fighting....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends   Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Report: Fedor Emelianenko Is Running for Office in Russia, Could Retire After His Strikeforce Contract Ends
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next