Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia

Go down 
+3
acccardinal12
OU
GDPofDRC
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia Empty
PostSubject: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:39 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24730/fedor-emelianenko-opts-against-retirement-next-fight-likely-in-russia.mma

Fedor Emelianenko isn't retiring.

The MMA great and former PRIDE heavyweight champion, who recently suffered his third consecutive Strikeforce defeat after a decade-long 27-fight win streak, will fight again.

Officials today announced his plans, which include a likely next fight in his native Russia.

"We consulted with Fedor, and it was decided that he should not leave the sport in this way," Emelianenko's manager, M-1 Global president and co-founder Vadim Finkelstein, stated. "His friends and past opponents support Fedor in continuing his career, and he agreed.

"We want to organize a fight for Fedor in Russia and have already begun working in this direction. If everything goes as planned, we will produce a card in Moscow or St. Petersburg sometime in the fall with Fedor as the main event."

An opponent hasn't been determined. Finkelstein stated Emelianenko may also fight in Japan on New Year's Eve.

If successful, the 34-year-old Emelianenko could return to the U.S. in 2012. Emelianenko (31-4 MMA, 1-3 SF), who fulfilled the terms of his Strikeforce contract with a recent TKO loss to Dan Henderson, has fought his past six fights in the U.S. and went 3-3. Overall, he's 4-3 in the U.S.

Emelianenko, once widely regarded as the sport's top fighter, is winless since a Strikeforce-debut victory over Brett Rogers in November 2009. Since then, he's suffered a submission loss to Fabricio Werdum in 2010 and a recent TKO defeat to Antonio Silva in the opening round of the Strikeforce heavyweight grand prix earlier this year. Despite the losses, all three of his recent Strikeforce fights have been some of the highest-rated events in Showtime's MMA history.

Following his recent Henderson loss, which headlined a July 30 event in the Chicago area, Emelianenko wasn't sure if he'd retire or fight again.

"Right now, what I'd like to do is return home to Russia to see my newborn daughter," he said. "She was just born, and I'm very fortunate for this gift in my life. With respect to MMA, I just have to think about it and decide what I'm going to do in the future.

"My entire adult life and young life, all I've known is training and fighting and competing. That's something that I very much love continue doing, and I'd still like for that to be a large part of my life. But today, my life, what's first is my faith and my religion, and then my family. That's what I live for. ... My job and what I do for work is secondary behind those two things."
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:44 pm

Que the Fedor is afraid to fight UFC fighters talk.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:45 pm

Just make Fedor vs Overeem.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:54 pm

never heard of him? Is he good?
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:01 pm

OU wrote:
never heard of him? Is he good?
Not sure. I'll see if these guys think so.

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:05 pm

I just checked with the official MMA fact machine. It's saying this guy is a bum who just got KTFO by a MW?
Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia 9k=
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:13 pm

Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia Lu0z3
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:47 pm

Fedor is just scared to fight UFC guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:51 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia Lu0z3

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:04 pm

Fedor is not scared to fight the UFC guys, that is ridiculous. He just can't beat most of them...
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm going to go get the papers, get the papers.
Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia Jimmy-2-times_02_1194396863_640w
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:06 pm

damn you deleted your post, now mine doesn't make sense lol
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:07 pm

There was a glitch in the Matrix...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:08 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Fedor is not scared to fight the UFC guys, that is ridiculous. He just can't beat most of them...

Fedor knows Kongo would maul his ass Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:09 pm

back to the bums.....maybe he can win another 30 strait and be called the best in the world again.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:11 pm

I figure another bout against Tim Sylvia, AA and Brett Rogers and Sherdog will say he is the best, fighting the best. Just to top it off he is gonna take on Matt Lindland again...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:12 pm

Fedor vs James Toney coming soon.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:13 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
back to the bums.....maybe he can win another 30 strait and be called the best in the world again.
This implies he wasn't beating top ranked fighters and the legit #1 in the World at any point in his career. You can't be trying to sell that...
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:20 pm

Since when was HMC or Matt Lindland high ranked HWs?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Since when was HMC or Matt Lindland high ranked HWs?
I wasn't aware that was the toughest stretch of fighters Fedor has ever faced? You mean to tell me he NEVER beat any highly ranked fighters? Ever? That is what you guys are selling here?
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:32 pm

After Cro-Cop? Not really. I mean he fought Slim Sylvia and Glass Joe, who used to be name fighters and held the UFC HW belt back when it didn't mean anything. He did beat up Coleman like 5 years ago...Did you really want me to count those fights as fighting superior talent? Because using rankings for your support, means you may lose the argument because you threw out reason...
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:40 pm

people saying fedor wasnt the best hw in the past decade sound just as dumb as those who hate on brock and say he wasnt a legit highly ranked top 5 hw. in the end, both proved themselfs among some of the best in the world during their time. some fighters times last longer than others , thats the only difference
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:42 pm

Todd Duffee by KO
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:15 pm

Todd Duffee is the GOAT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia   Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor Emelianenko opts against retirement, next fight likely in Russia
Page 1 of 1