Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?

Go down 
+15
Fag
Andrew the Raider King
Birdofthad
EliteAcidBurn
tgrazzi06
NoRegret
franklinfan2
Farmer1906
muayjitsu
GolbeZ
Bigs03
joshkellerseattle
bobbitt15
Thomasdrrn09
LA
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Yes
Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? Vote_lcap68%Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? Vote_rcap
 68% [ 23 ]
No
Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? Vote_lcap32%Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? Vote_rcap
 32% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 34

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? Empty
PostSubject: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:11 pm

Sticky this Ninja

Last edited by Wolfgangsta on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : NO NEED TO HAVE SO MANY STICKY POLLS)
Back to top Go down
Thomasdrrn09
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
Thomasdrrn09

Favorite Fighter(s) : MMA-Forrest Griffin, Nate Diaz, GSP Boxing-Cotto,

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 7:49 pm

Voted yes but that is probally just wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySat Jul 18, 2009 11:56 pm

Yes, eventually
Back to top Go down
joshkellerseattle
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
joshkellerseattle

Favorite Fighter(s) : Machida, GSP, Randy

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:51 am

Absolutely yes, I expect Zuffa to throw everything possible at him after the Barnett fight.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 12:53 am

Voted no but I sure hope I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:02 am

10-3 pretty good, lets hope boys, I see Bigs voted no, who else out of cuiousu=ity
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:03 am

I wouldn't if I was fedor.. have said this many of times ... as well as I don't think its going to happen anyway.. as I said earlier, it comes down to rimjobs...
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:15 am

Why wouldn't you??"
Back to top Go down
GolbeZ
Administrator
Administrator
GolbeZ

Favorite Fighter(s) : Condit, Machida, Aldo, Bendo, KJ Noons, Dominick Cruz The Praying Mantis

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:42 am

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Why wouldn't you??"

I am a stubborn person (I am aware of it) and can hold a grudge (if there is a good reason to) .. why would I want to go somewhere where the "president" and co. have in many accounts disrespected me and would also be wanting me to fail, not succeed. They wouldnt want me to come in and win the belt, they would rather I just lose (most likely to brock / whoever the champion is to max out profits) .. so they can say "see"...

those reasons are just the coals ... the fuel to the fire is that.. I dont need the UFC .. sure coming to the UFC and wrecking shop would feel good, but that would just be profiting off me, so that really would be "sticking it to'em" ... if brock, randy... anybody wants to fight me leave the UFC...

let me also just add, that as a fan I want him to come to the UFC... and that is only what my attitude would be if I was Fedor.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 2:08 am

Word you got somne good points, hard to read a book right now thogh, lets just hope he does, and hope to god Brock doesn't overpower and beat him, that would be like hell freezin over for sure
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 2:09 am

I voted yes. There will be nothing for fedor after Barnett and the UFC is at its all time high in popularity. This would be perfect timing for fedor.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:21 am

Dana said he'd get it done so I think he gets it done.

What I'm not looking forward to is the whole Randy drama when he first Brock and not Couture then Couture gets pissed and leaves again.
Back to top Go down
franklinfan2
Green Belt
Green Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rich Franklin duh!

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:11 am

I voted no. I think Dana's ego is too big to agree to Fedor's terms.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 6:30 pm

GolbeZ wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Why wouldn't you??"

I am a stubborn person (I am aware of it) and can hold a grudge (if there is a good reason to) .. why would I want to go somewhere where the "president" and co. have in many accounts disrespected me and would also be wanting me to fail, not succeed. They wouldnt want me to come in and win the belt, they would rather I just lose (most likely to brock / whoever the champion is to max out profits) .. so they can say "see"...

those reasons are just the coals ... the fuel to the fire is that.. I dont need the UFC .. sure coming to the UFC and wrecking shop would feel good, but that would just be profiting off me, so that really would be "sticking it to'em" ... if brock, randy... anybody wants to fight me leave the UFC...

let me also just add, that as a fan I want him to come to the UFC... and that is only what my attitude would be if I was Fedor.

Yeah I hear ya on that one Golbez, but this could also work in the opposite way where Fedor wants to do it just to rub it in Dana's face.
Back to top Go down
tgrazzi06
tgrazzi06

Favorite Fighter(s) : Forrest, GSP, Tito(gasp)

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 7:26 pm

I personally hope it happens. More due to the fact that I am not a fan of Brock, respect his game just don't like him and not really sure why yet, and looking down the HW ranks in the UFC not sure who can match his intensity let alone beat him.
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

Favorite Fighter(s) : GSP

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:55 pm

Didn t he just say that he didnt think he would be coming to the UFC after the Barnett fight though??? Said the contratc tersm where insulting and he would not agree unless they made some huge changes. I seen this on a ticker on the fight network like 3 days ago!!!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 1:00 am

If he loses to barnett or isnt impressive no chancce for a while
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 2:06 am

franklinfan2 wrote:
I voted no. I think Dana's ego is too big to agree to Fedor's terms.

Yeah but i think lorenzo will do the talking this time not dana.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 9:53 am

Say what you want guys, but there are a few ways to look at Fedor's reluctance to join the UFC.

1. He really doesn't like the idea of fighting in a cage.

2. His management company would have to give up to much control and there is no money in it for them.

3. He is afraid of losing a fight and tarnishing his image as unbeatable.

I don't believe he really knows what Zuffa is offering. More money, Lorenzo Fertitta acknowleged they did not have any real opposition to him continuing on with his Sambo competitions, and there is possibly a fear factor involved. There are guys in the UFC who really do want to fight him and don't hold him in the same high regard that the affliction fighters do. Sure they respect his record and they should, until recently it was most impressive. But what is hurting his reputation is his throttling "former UFC Champions", guys who would have an extremely hard time staying in the contender picture these days. I hope he comes to the UFC and proves he is what everybody seems to think he is, there will be a bit of tarnish to an otherwise great career.
Back to top Go down
Fag
Fag

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:53 pm

Of course, cause he'll want to take on the other best HW in the World

Brock Lesnar
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:58 pm

I think its 50/50 right now but I voted yes cause I'm hopeful.

Elite...beautiful av! Always loved that clip

Wolfy, great name change...or is it Colt??????
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:59 pm

Yea i love the ol gsp Hump slam
Back to top Go down
EliteAcidBurn
Green Belt
Green Belt
EliteAcidBurn

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 7:59 pm

I actually used this move on my wife one night, and i drove it in realy good...lmao
Back to top Go down
Fag
Fag

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:00 pm

2 inches?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 8:10 pm

my vote is no unfortunayley. i hope we do but im not optimistic
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC?   Will Fedor Emelianenko ever fight in the UFC? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next